MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 29

artmedia70:

The terminal is running in /Portable mode, ME is also running in /Portable mode. After compiling a new indicator, which was not previously present in the terminal navigator, the new indicator does not appear in the Custom Indicators list. Only after restarting the terminal, the new indicator appears in the Custom Indicators list of the navigator window.

Precisely the same way existing indicators are not updated after their modification in ME if the indicator is already working in the currency pair window. Only removing and restarting the indicator allows you to see the changes made in its code.

Isn't it supposed to be like this? In my 509 build and older, this is how it works and worked - only after restarting the terminal you can see the changes.

Barbarian:
Shouldn't it be like this? In my 509 build and older it works and worked like that - only after restarting the terminal you can see the changes.
My changes in the existing indicator appeared after recompiling it, sometimes after a timeframe change, in rare cases - after restarting the indicator. And the new indicator appeared in the terminal navigator immediately after the first compilation of the indicator, not after restarting the terminal.

Barbarian:
Shouldn't it be like this? In my 509 build and older, everything works and used to work like that - only after reloading the terminal you can see the changes.

The changes should be noticeable after the code is compiled.

For example, if Expert Advisor is standing on the chart, it should reboot automatically.

Interesting:

The changes should be visible after compiling the code.

For example, if the Expert Advisor is standing on a chart, it should reload automatically.

That is how it was. And deinitialisation reason codes could be used.

artmedia70:

Who wrote:

"...I updated the terminal... I wish I hadn't :)..."

Was it me?

Is this the help of a beta tester or is this the grumbling of a disgruntled user?

Me, I wrote. And it's not grumbling, it's cheerful, joyful sarcasm :)

It's not my fault iVolume isn't working properly.

I can't get 100% of my experts to work.

So don't worry, put your swords in their sheaths.

thecore:

Me, I wrote. And that's not grumbling, that's cheerful, joyful sarcasm :)

It's not my fault if iVolume isn't working properly

I don't have 100% of my experts working.

So don't worry, put your swords in their sheaths.

I didn't go out on a 'warpath' with you. I just don't like grumpy and disgruntled people. The road is for those who walk. I simply called for a calm working process without sarcasm and mockery of the MC, after which "...I'd rather not update...".

Barbarian:

You probably didn't read my post above where I described what is being written to now using beta versions of MT4. In nix` all work in their own sandboxes completely, only root user puts common programs and distributes rights for their use by other users. The ideology is completely different there, although it seems similar to Microsoft. By the way, I don't mind that beta version writes user settings in X:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\, I mind the following:

1. That it creates a subdirectory X:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\B5589D10299052C8D921603EBD1F9752\ which until you get there you will not know its name, in addition it changes its name with every update.

2. This path is used not only for writing user settings, but also for executable files - indicators, Expert Advisors, scripts, etc., in general, all the things for which you will not let a stranger on your PC, even under a different user name. Although this, of course, may be avoided later, but at what price.

It is the first point that scares me most of all because reading/writing to files will complicate code using these operations.

It is not for nothing that I wrote that the time has come when Microsoft sledgehammeringly forces developers to write their data only in strictly designated places. Especially with Windows 8 this has become even tougher.

The option of working the old way is no longer available. The partial path through /portable remains, but only for those who know exactly what they are doing. But even then, some of the data will still be in AppData.

1. The directory does not change its name during updates and depends on the actual path where the program is installed. In addition, there is an origin.txt file inside, which specifies the original launch directory.

2. That's it, now there will be no /MQL4 / experts directories in Program Files - the working data will only be available in a single instance in AppData. The original MQL4.zip library will be stored in Program Files and deployed to working directories of AppData when needed.

Don't skip the explanation - the system adjusts for millions of traders who have no idea about UAC and access rights.

Vinin:

The 532 build reported runtime errors (e.g. array overruns), the 536 does not.

It will be harder to monitor.

Although in the old terminal everything worked and didn't write anything.

536 does, we didn't turn it off.

Check it yourself with a simple example.

I wrote to the service desk, reset the codes and made a video as well.

>

Renat:

I did not write for nothing that there is now a time when Microsoft is sledgehammering developers to write their data only in strictly designated places. Especially with Windows 8, this has become even tougher.

The option to work the old way no longer exists. The partial path through /portable remains, but only for those who know exactly what they are doing. But even then, some of the data will still be in AppData.

1. The directory does not change its name during updates and depends on the actual path where the program is installed. In addition, there is an origin.txt file inside, which specifies the original launch directory.

2. Now we have removed /MQL4 / experts from Program Files - the working data will only be available in a single location in AppData. The original MQL4.zip library will be stored in Program Files and unzipped into working directories of AppData when needed.

Don't miss the explanation - the system adjusts for millions of traders who have no idea about UAC and access rights.
Then I don't understand from what considerations a directory name like B5589D1029905252C8D921603EBD1F9752 is formed , I'm not against standards, but when standards are created based on redundant security considerations, it's not right. I'm specifically highlighting what can be replaced by the same root directory, where the user puts MT4 in Programm Files. Then where can we find files, if for example the administrator of a server with MT4 installed, has hidden system and hidden directories and files for security reasons! By the way you are vainly trying to convince that Microsoft is forcing everyone to do so, the developer will put the installed program where it should be, the same developer himself establishes all privileges on executable and dependent files and symlinks. In addition, Microsoft's own recommendations boil down to putting customization and configuration user files in ...AppData\Roaming\, but not executable files.
Reason: