What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 33

Renat:

Ah, so we still come to the position of "what about me? I just pressed the Start button! Why are you giving me a hard time about it?".

Now specifically downloaded and installed the MT from this link: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe

Downloaded the history.

Here is the result:

Chart USDJPY, H1, 2013.08.02 12:05 UTC, Teletrade DJ International Consulting Ltd, MetaTrader 4, Demo

What should I do next?

Renat:

Look at how many services we are launching and why are we upgrading language?

It's also from the fact that brokers and third party developers for the most part only act in their own direction and try to segment/break up the MT ecosystem.

To maintain a great ecosystem, we need to push the right points and remove the parasitic points. Where we can't push, we have to build it ourselves and then methodically coax traders and brokers over years. By launching MetaTrader 4 AppStore, we are solving a big range of problems, protecting and growing our ecosystem.

The right story with a broker is exactly the pain point and responsive point that traders need to push on.

And no one is arguing, you have chosen a strategy to heal the MT ecosystem. normal approach, everyone wins.

I just want to show that the custom chart mechanism has its advantages, both in terms of time series research and in terms of refining the shortcomings of MT.

Let me give you an example: there is a broker that only quotes currencies, and there is a system that requires the Dow index, the broker suits them, but they don't have an index, with custom chart it is easy to correct (at first it is more complicated in the tester, but in real time).

The second example is the realization of Renko, because we cannot overlay an indicator on an indicator in MT4.

And there may be a lot of examples. I cannot imagine what an investigator may come up with.

And all you need is not to take away this mechanism from the researcher, and even better to develop it.

Contender:

Now specifically downloaded and installed the MT from this link: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe

What should I do next?

Erase all the history, check which broker (not MetaQuotes there, a completely different broker is being framed) and work with its data. This is the crutch - give people custom history downloads and then get claims. We have had enough of such problems with MT4.

The radical solution is to switch to MT5 and forget about such problems.

Urain:

Here is an example: there is a broker that only quotes currencies and there is a system that requires a Dow index, the broker suits them but they do not have an index, through custom chart it is easy to fix (at first to test the theory in the tester, then a bit more difficult but also in real time).

Why not persuade the broker to include the indices?

It's easy. In fact, a broker can import a symbol and all its history from any broker in 30-50 seconds (seconds!!!), using a demo account and the regular functions of direct inter-server import among all MetaTrader servers.

Renat:

Why not persuade your broker to include indexes?

It's easy. In fact, a broker can in 30-50 seconds (seconds!!!) import a symbol and all its history from any broker, using a demo account and the regular functions of direct inter-server import among all MetaTrader servers.

You can't say hello to every sneeze, you never know what a trader is going to need. It's all very individual.

And then you left out the Renko example. But it can be solved this way too.

ZS Plus there are probably applications I can't think of.

Urain:

You can't say hello to every sneeze, you never know what a trader might need. It's all very individual.

The basic index queries cover 90% of what's needed.

And then you left out the Renco example. But it too can be solved this way.

SZZ Plus there are probably applications that I can't come up with.

Welcome to MT5.

Renat:

Basic index queries cover 90% of what is needed.

Welcome to MT5.

I just came from there :)

I think the topic has exhausted itself.

Renat:

Welcome to MT5.

My broker talks about trends, including "what terminals do traders prefer to work in?"...

I have only one broker that provides mt4 and mt5, and now they say "no tendencies".

i know about one broker that provides both trades and mt5 - lmah, but the initial deposit is still too much for me :(

Renat:
The right way is to demand the correct history from brokers. So don't be shy.

Who will demand a quality history from brokers if on their flaws (or even complete absence of history on the instruments of interest) in MT5 it is difficult to check the strategy and get results. You in MQ could upload such a high-quality history to the MT5 demo server for 5-10 years for the most popular Russian and foreign indexes and futures, the more so that your employee can handle everything in one day - you may not even update it anymore, but it would serve as a base, based on which traders could check the workability of their ideas. It would give traders an incentive to demand the same story from brokers. In addition, you would attract interest in MT5 from stock and futures traders who need intraday history (I know from chatting on the forums). The cost to you is negligible, the return is huge.

JJerboa:

My broker is talking about tendencies, including "what terminals do traders prefer to work in?

I have only one broker that provides mt4 and mt5, and now they say "no tendencies".

i know about one broker that provides both mt4 and mt5 - lmah, but the initial deposit has not been enough for me yet :(

Brokers now need to think about their own basic processes and they are mostly not interested in technical issues. Especially now.

The competitive situation has put them in a position where each individual broker has no influence on market preferences. As has been the case in the past, brokers are driven by demand from traders.

I think that this is what we do - all services are aimed at it. Look how MQL5 community is growing - 103 360 registered members already: https://www.mql5.com/ru/wall

Reason: