What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 26

testopal:

MT without tick history is a toy for both "traders" and programmers. I think the main reason is in the DC server settings. Having a tick history from one broker and comparing it with the reference, say, from IQFEED, you can immediately identify the filter and the typical delays of this brokerage company that serves him for additional earnings, playing to the trader's disadvantage.

That is the whole policy.

If we test by real ticks, the tests will become tens, if not hundreds of times longer, look how hard the tests in the Dukascopy terminal are. In addition, the tests on real ticks are really useful and necessary only for Expert Advisors that work with very short stops or trailing stops, the testing results of which on MT4 are terribly false, for the Expert Advisors that trade positively, real or modulated ticks are not the main difference.

qwert3qwert:

If we test on real ticks, the tests will take tens, if not hundreds of times longer, just look how hard the tests in the Dukascopy terminal are. In addition, the tests on real ticks are really useful and necessary only for Expert Advisors that work with very short stops or trailing stops, the testing results of which on MT4 are terribly false, for Expert Advisors that trade positively, real or modulated ticks are not the main difference.

I'm not saying who needs it. I personally need it. I'm not saying who needs it. Personally I need it. But the company Metakvotes does not need it. They hide behind technical impossibility, although for programmers it's a very ridiculous answer.

I only wrote the real reason why it will never happen. The MT platform was originally designed for DC. The current massive changes to the platform are being made to perk up "traders" and programmers by Metakvotes themselves. Kudos to them, I'm all for bringing the whole crowd into a civilised way. I'm sharply opposed to the overboarding of traders, those who actually earn and understand what they need from the platform. And I am sharply against fraud by many, many brokerage companies that allow themselves, at the expense of the platform's capabilities, kitchen schemes. Such existing kitchens will be immediately and instantly detected at the software level. And the proof will not be based on words and scraps of platform logs, but on the real history of the brokerage company.

Metakvotes doesn't need the multiple fraud histories of the DCs made with the MT platform. Therefore, there will never be a tick history that could be a powerful proof of fraud by a VC.

testopal:

I'm not saying who needs it. I personally need it. The traders in this thread also need it, since the topic keeps coming up. But Metakvotes does not need it. They hide behind technical impossibility, although for programmers it's a very ridiculous answer.

I only wrote the real reason why it will never happen. The MT platform was originally designed for DC. The current massive changes to the platform are being made to fleece "traders" and programmers by Metakvotes themselves. Kudos to them, I'm all for bringing the whole crowd into a civilised way. I'm sharply opposed to the overboarding of traders, those who actually earn and understand what they need from the platform. And I am sharply against fraud by many, many brokerage companies that allow themselves, at the expense of the platform's capabilities, kitchen schemes. Such existing kitchens will be immediately and instantly detected at the software level. And the proof will not be based on words and scraps of platform logs, but on the real history of brokerage companies.

You're right about that.

And we don't need a long tick history at all. A couple of months is enough for me. It is enough for optimization and "integrity control".

Metakvotes does not need multiple fraud histories of DCs made with MT platform. So there will never be a ticking story that could be a powerful proof of fraud on the part of a DC.

I would argue with that. The frauds of DCs are frauds of DCs. Metaquotes have nothing to do with it, so I doubt that's the case.

Gentlemen, I would recommend reading not even syllable by syllable, but spell by spell.

How can you read and not understand "here is the real answer, of course I do not want to accept it, but at least I will not pretend that there was no answer".

If it says "no one has a ticking history, much less a deep period", then here it is a real and impenetrable problem. Apart from "I want" you have to ask yourself "actually, where will the data come from when you can't even collect a minute's worth of history?".

We as developers will not cheat ourselves and release a 100% non-working system. We do understand that there will be no tick history, but there will be 100% failure and angry comments from traders, who have said "A", but certainly meant that the default "B" should be attached.

Renat:..................... "in fact, where will the data come from for those who can't even collect a minute's worth of history?"
Uh.... Doesn't the MT server automatically collect it? Ж:-\

Renat:

Gentlemen, I would recommend reading not even syllable by syllable, but spell by spell.

How can you read and not understand "here is the real answer, of course I do not want to accept it, but at least I will not pretend that there was no answer".

If it says "no one has a ticking history, much less a deep period", then here it is a real and impenetrable problem. In addition to "I want" you have to ask yourself "actually, where will the data come from when you can't even collect a minute's worth of history"?

Things are changing. It used to be that there was no ticking history. Alpari, for example, already provides tick history. I know some other brokerage companies that do. And the trend is moving in that direction - towards greater transparency.

zenz:

Things are changing. It used to be that there was no ticking history. Alpari, for example, already provides tick history. I know some other brokerage companies that do. And the trend is moving in this direction - towards more transparency.

And it's true. The twenty-first century is full of odds. Renat, give up.... :)

Renat:

If it says 'no one has a ticking history, much less a deep period',

And on the stock, not forex part, which is what MT5 is targeting ?

Mischek2:
And on the stock market, not the forex part, which is what MT5 is aiming for ?

What kind of story?

The doctor said "to the morgue", so to the morgue.

Mischek2:
And on the stock exchange, non-forex part, which is what MT5 is aiming for ?

Oh my God! Such a competent and serious question from you, but so stupid too... :-)

It has already been answered: "it won't".

Reason: