Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 879

What was that all about?

AlexeyVik:
What's that supposed to mean?
Every function has a type and a name. A type cannot be a function name

Vinin:
Each function has a type and a name. A type cannot be the name of a function
Vitya, it's not Alexey who doesn't understand anything, it's rapid_minus who doesn't understand Alexey's explanations.

rapid_minus:

Exactly. It's clear, it's clear, it's clear. Done - and oh, miracle!

THANK YOU.

As a follow-up, since everyone else is just bitching and poking their noses in...

Since the variables are declared inside a function, they are not GLOBAL variables, just in case I really need to write working code. Global variables are declared outside of functions, at the beginning of code for example.

That's what I mean:

void  Variables()
{
//-----Объявляем Глобальные переменные:------------------------------------------

double High_0, High_1, High_2;             // Значение верхней линии Bollinger на 0, 1 и 2 барах
   double Low_0, Low_1, Low_2;                // Значение нижней линии Bollinger на 0, 1 и 2 барах
   double Delta_0, Delta_1;                   // Разница межу значениями верхней и нижней ...
                                              // ...линий Bollinger на 0 и 1 барах
}

In this form, the function does nothing and works in a vacuum, and the results disappear as soon as the function finishes working (this is what Artem and Victor hinted at above).

Before reinstalling the terminal, the old configuration files were archived:
accounts
charts
community
email
events
experts
metaeditor
notifications
objects
publish
server
terminal
trade
If anyone knows which file is for what, please advise how to most easily restore the configuration of the old terminal to the newly installed one, avoiding the old problems.
I couldn't find answer in terminal's help. If there is instruction about this problem somewhere, please give me the link.
Regards, Shurkin.

Shurkin:
Before reinstalling the terminal I have saved the old configuration files:
accounts
charts
community
email
events
experts
metaeditor
notifications
objects
publish
server
terminal
trade
If anyone knows which file is for which one, please advise how to restore the old terminal configuration to the newly installed one in the easiest way possible avoiding the old problems.
I couldn't find answer in terminal's help. If there is instruction about this problem somewhere, please give me the link.
Regards, Shurkin.

There was no need to reinstall, it would have worked anyway, with all the configurations. Only the contents of the mailbox would disappear. And the username and password have to be re-entered.

There is a template and a profile, they are the main tools for saving the terminal settings, the first stores the chart settings, you can apply then to another chart and everything will be transferred there, including graphical objects, indicators and EAs. The profile remembers all the charts open in the terminal at the time of saving.

evillive:
There was no need to reinstall, it would have worked anyway, with all the configurations. Only the contents of the mailbox would disappear. And the username and password would have to be re-entered.
Reinstalled because it worked badly and the broker recommended it. Now I want to restore the old configuration: profiles, templates, charts, indicators, etc. If you know, please advise how?

Shurkin:
I reinstalled it because it wasn't working properly and the broker recommended it. Now I want to restore the old configuration: profiles, templates, charts, indicators, etc. If you know, please advise how?
Have you erased the old terminal? Everything was there, in the data directory. The templates folder - templates, profiles - profiles, MQL4 - all useful and not so useful MQL files, with sources and results.

evillive:
So the old terminal has been erased or something? Everything was there, in the data folder. The templates folder - templates, profiles - profiles, MQL4 - all useful and not so useful MQL files, with sources and results of work.
The old terminal was uninstalled through the control panel - uninstallation of programs, before that the configuration files were copied into the archive.

Shurkin:
Uninstalled the old terminal via Control Panel - Remove Programs, copied the configuration files to the archive before doing so.
Where was the old terminal installed? Where was the new terminal installed. In which directory? In the new terminal File --> Open data directory. This will open the explorer. There, in the appropriate folders, put what you previously saved. Although it may be that you saved not from terminal data directory, but from its local location (depends on where and in what mode the terminal was installed)
Reason: