Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 884

evillive:

If you forbid to work with pending orders, to work with several symbols in parallel, or worse, several Expert Advisors in parallel with manual trading, it does not mean that it will continue the same way. That is why everything should be taken into consideration to avoid being hurt and confused later.

No... I don't want to go to the woods - there are wolves there

rapid_minus:
Thanks for the specifics. What remains unclear is how to make this ticket, returned by OrderSend() function, visible to OrderClose() function? After all, I don't know it beforehand to insert it into OrderClose() function.
Vladimir, let's not run ahead of the locomotive and wait for the moment when you won't have questions about data visibility. See you soon.

evillive:
... a ticket can be read and an order on a ticket can also be selected.
Got it. So, you'll have to find it yourself again...

evillive:
The contents of the global variable of the terminal will be saved during its lifetime and it must not change before a new order. And this means that the ticket can be read and the order can be selected. And you can close it after that - like two fingers...

You know, it's not pedagogical to mention it here... yes, exactly - it shouldn't. Sorry, didn't notice it was about GV. Then I agree - it won't change for a month.

No, it won't. The GV values will remain the same, but the program won't know about it unless it reads these values on every tick after some quite ordinary event. For example - after "sleeping" of the operating system.

rapid_minus:
Got it. So, you'll have to find it by yourself again.

Do you want to write something by yourself or have someone give you a working code?

If the first, then you still have a lot of work to do, learn and experiment, but software experiments only cost a certain amount of time. Write the code, what you can't get - post it here, there will be someone to look at it and tell you what's wrong.

If it's the latter, sorry, wrong thread.

rapid_minus:

I still don't understand - according to the tutorial, the index 10in theOrderSelect(10,SELECT_BY_POS)function parameters is the index number of the order in the list. In what list? What does the list look like and how is it formed?

To clarify the purpose: this is me trying to fix the "return value of 'OrderClose' should be checked" warning.

Pardon my insistence, but I still want to understand why you don't want to use a translator, if you know English as well as I do.

That's what the warning means

To be more specific, the OrderClose() function returns true if executed successfully or false if it fails, so you have to check it... if the function was executed successfully.

And why do you think that the warning is somehow associated with the order number in the list? I don't understand...

Good day, friends!

I haven't programmed for more than a year but now I feel the need to do it. Can you send me the link to the article about changes in MQL4 language, as far as I remember it is closer to the fifth one.)

Well, it's all in the documentation. Updated MQL4

AlexeyVik:

Well, it's all in the documentation. Updated MQL4

Right, yes, thank you))

AlexeyVik:

Excuse me for insisting, but I want to understand why you don't want to use an interpreter if you speak English as I do.

That's what this warning means.

To be more specific, the OrderClose() function returns true if executed successfully or false if it fails, so you have to check it... if the function was executed successfully.

And why do you think that the warning is somehow associated with the order number in the list? I don't understand...

Well, I can handle English without anyone's help, but I somehow cannot do it with mql4. How do I check success - not success, what function or what else? And associated with the ticket number is not a warning, and my search for a function check, conducted without understanding the essence.

Reason: