Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 241

JImpro:

Hello. I am writingAPI for MT4 under VB6, Visual Basic I know it perfectly, but I just started to learn MQL4 yesterday, so I have a lot of questions. For my TS needs tick data, here found a ready-made Expert Advisor to collect ticks.

There is some code in it:

My understanding is that this loop will run until the EA shuts down and control is transferred to the terminal on every tick. And what will happen, , if I put EA to collect ticks on an unused tool and on the working tool my EA to work with DLL API?

'Will my EA work correctly, calling Start() on every tick, in parallel with this tick collector?

This design tells the program: execute until the "EAs" button in the terminal is pressed. Put your ticks collector at once in the start by writing a call to Alert or a sound file with a short sound, or print to the log and immediately return(0); to execute only strings with the message. And see how it works or doesn't work...

artmedia70:
Сия конструкция говорит программе: выполняться пока не будет отжата кнопочка "Советники" в терминале.

Yes, I understand that. Will another EA work correctly in parallel? Or will I have to implement code to collect ticks in my EA API as well?

JImpro:

Yes, I understand that. Will another EA work correctly in parallel? Or will I have to implement code for collecting ticks in my EA API as well?
I finished my post above. Try to experiment - it will give you a better understanding.

How do I change the type and colour of the Take Profit and Stop Loss lines?

Barbarian:

How do I change the type and colour of the Take Profit and Stop Loss lines?

F1 Client terminal / Charting / Setting up a chart

r772ra:

F1 Client terminal / Charting / Chart settings
I mean programmatically how to change, as the red colour is not satisfactory...

Barbarian:
I mean programmatically how to change, as the red colour is not satisfactory...

You can.

artmedia70: iMACD(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,.......);

Yes I think I tried it, I specified 240 in the period, as for 4 o'clock, but this condition is bypassed, as if iMACD is not seen. I'll try to think through the logic again. Maybe I messed up with the ifs. Thanks.

teplovoz:

Yes I think I tried it, I specified 240 in the period as for 4 o'clock, but this condition is bypassed, as if it doesn't see the MACD. I'll try the logic again. Maybe I messed up with the ifs. Thank you.
Unprint the values you get and you will immediately see where the dog is buried.

Help, trading on demo in mt4, couldn't find the yuan pair, thanks
Reason: