Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 240

Good evening. Can you tell me how to refer to the MACD on the 4 hour time frame on the hourly chart?

Example:

if the entry conditions are met on the hourly chart, then you need to refer to the MACD value on the 4 o'clock chart, and execute or cancel the entry into the trade.

via iCustom

r772ra:

I tried it this way.

string DoubleToStr( double value, int digits)
Converts a numeric value to a text string containing a character representation of the number in the specified precision format.

Thank you.

Really all inaccuracies just from a few roundings.

Is there any way to find out how prices are displayed - as candles, bars or a linear chart?

Desead:
Is it possible to find out how prices are displayed - as candlesticks, bars or a linear chart?

No you can't ...

Desead:
Is there any way to know whether prices are displayed as candlesticks, bars or as a line chart?

Here you can. Function 3.2.13.

// 3.2.13. Функция возвращает состояние вида отображения цены на указанном графике.
 //         Вид отображаемой цены на графике: VS_BARS     бары;
 //                                           VS_CANDLES  японские свечи;
 //                                           VS_LINE     линия.
 int ServiceGetViewChart(int hwndChart); // Системный дескриптор окна графика, с которого возвращается состояние вида отображения цены.

Zhunko:

Here you can. Function 3.2.13.

Thank you. I'll look into it.

teplovoz:

Good evening. Can you tell me how to refer to the MACD on the 4 hour time frame on the hourly chart?

Example:

if the entry conditions are met on the hourly chart, then you need to refer to the MACD value on the 4 o'clock chart, and execute or cancel the entry into the trade.

iMACD(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,.......);

Desead:

Not an option, I have all the buffers used and named. Well, it's a whim rather than a necessity after all. Thank you.
They won't appear in the data window (Ctrl+D), but they will work

Hello. I am writing API for MT4 under VB6, Visual Basic I know it perfectly, but I just started to learn MQL4 yesterday, so I have a lot of questions. For my TS needs tick data, here found a ready-made Expert Advisor to collect ticks.

It has the following code:

…

while ( !IsStopped() ) 

{...  код  ....}

….
My understanding is that this loop will run until the EA shuts down and control is transferred to the terminal on every tick. And what will happen, , if I put EA to collect ticks on an unused tool and on the working tool my EA to work with DLL API?

'Will my EA work correctly, calling Start() on every tick, in parallel with this tick collector?

Files:
ticksave.mq4  9 kb
Reason: