Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 422

just the spread on the news... you don't even need a slippage... maybe as much as 20 and this is a measly nine

evillive:

You just need to be more attentive, or don't be lazy to specify the type of variable on each line, or put a comma instead of a semicolon. And in indicator calls, variables should be defined, not just from a torch.

Here is an example, and then - on your own...

Although the second file seems to be ok, except for a dot in a variable name. No dots in variable names.

Thanks evillive for the example!!! It's easier to learn from examples like this. Made different variations, everything works!!!!

How do I get the time of the found minimum withiLowest?

Forexman77:

How to get the time of low found with iLowest?

iLowest() will return the bar number, let's assume TF 30M

iTime() from this number will give the bar open time, but not the time when the minimum was found.

using iBarShift and the time of opening and closing the bar minimum in TF 30m you can find the numbers of two bars in TF 1M between which the minimum is located

using iLowest() between these bars we find the number of the bar minimum in the TF 1M

iTime() from this number will give the bar open time in the TF1M.

there may be another option - search for it.

ALXIMIKS:

iLowest() will return the bar number, let's assume TF 30M

iTime() from this number will give the bar open time, but not the time when the minimum was.

using iBarShift and the time of opening and closing the bar minimum in TF 30m we can find the numbers of two bars in TF 1M between which the minimum is located

using iLowest() between these bars we find the number of the bar minimum in the TF 1M

iTime() from this number will give the bar open time in the TF1M.

maybe there is another variant - search for it.

Thank you!

Greetings, dear friends!

How do I know the full name of the file (with path) where my Expert Advisor/Script writes to using FileOpen/FileWrite?

TerminalPath() + "\\\experts\\files\\" on Win7 x64 with UAC enabled points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Alpari Limited MT4\experts\files\", whereas I would like to get "C:\Users\<CurrentUser>AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Alpari Limited MT4\experts\files\"

Hi all.
I'm asking for an example of a standard ZigZag from MT4 ( you can call it ZigZag_1, ZigZag_2, etc.) to add an additional ZigZag in two (or more) ways.
Method 1. by means of DRAW_SECTION.
Method 2. With the help of DRAW_ZIGZAG.
Values of new indicator arrays are generated randomly (for the sake of example) after the basic ZigZag has been calculated.
For example: if (ZigzagBuffer[n] !=0.0) ZigzagBuffer3[n]=ZigzagBuffer[n]-100*Point on the interval of 100 or more last bars (the fact of drawing is visible).
The colour of the new indicator is yellow. Line width is 2.
Do not combine methods. Select the code added to the source code. Check it.
Thank you.

kosmos0975:
Hi all.
I am asking for an example of a standard ZigZag from MT4 ( you can call it ZigZag_1, ZigZag_2, etc.) to add an additional ZigZag in two (or more) ways.
Method 1. by means of DRAW_SECTION.
Method 2. With the help of DRAW_ZIGZAG.
Values of new indicator arrays are generated randomly (for the sake of example) after the basic ZigZag has been calculated.
For example: if (ZigzagBuffer[n] !=0.0) ZigzagBuffer3[n]=ZigzagBuffer[n]-100*Point on the interval of 100 or more last bars (the fact of drawing is visible).
The colour of the new indicator is yellow. Line width 2.
Select the code added to the source code. Check it.
Thank you.

such requests are asked here and for a fee they are implemented

in the same thread to help people trying to write on their own

A knowledgeable person (a programmer) would be embarrassed to call my request a job.
Good work should pay well.
I couldn't find a place for free advice on the link.

But the indicators on the history show a fait accompli, and in real trading it can be much worse or better.
Reason: