The path to the grail: thechanalysis vs MM - page 5

lexandros:

Well don't get down to "ilan":)

I assure you - there are smarter systems for managing funds :)

ZS: Correction. Ilan - has the right to exist, if it wasn't so primitive...

Here - upgraded, mixed with osMA. Getting ready for the real thing.

I currently trade on micro-real with inverse version of ProfitUnity by Bill Williams. All averaging is limiters according to his (inverse) TS.

ММ on principle of Ilan (the optimizer has appeared on it, along with other variants), the trade time-limit filter is disabled. Exit when profit of opposite orders is achieved, only buy or sell orders series (stacks) can be present in the market simultaneously.

USDJPY is a constant lot:

The topic is interesting...

Demi:

TS = trade idea (TA, FA, etc.) + MM.

It is clear that any TS is based on MM, but the trading idea, if not TA, what is it?

You cannot build a TS only from a money management unit, what is the trading idea? What is it based on?

"Artistic" sketches ONLY on FA according to the article at the end of this and next page. No MM (constant minimum lot = 0.1).

Now I'm spinning TA to them... The question is, should I? :-)

lexandros:

Moreover, I am more and more convinced that a well-built MM can really make money, without indicators and technical analysis at all. By MM I mean a smart increase in volumes at the right time, smart averaging, etc...

MM is utopia and deception. The TS should be able to work with a constant lot.

This is the same idea: a network of three orders with increasing lot size. After the 3rd order, if there is a loss, you "wipe off the snot" and move on. Non-directional entry - comparing close prices of two bars preceding the current one. A small bonus (in terms of MM) - I do not use the whole deposit, but part of it, in this case a third part. That with an increased risk (50%) gives more chances to "NOT LOSE" risk capital. Once again, this is just an idea that is still being tested. A sustainable system should be a flexible system of counterweights - this is about allowing losses if "no fate"...

P.S. Also, don't forget that the IMPORTANT part of MM is REINVESTMENT (at least - don't forget to withdraw your hard-earned money!) :)

jelizavettka:

On the forex market, this tweaker would have pissed it all away. forex is the most efficient market and ticking volumes won't help him any less))

No hoo hoo. His system only works on liquidity like euro futures and snp. And futures and spot have 100% correlation.

TA, FA, MM, indicators, systems, etc. - are just auxiliary tools. It is the understanding of the market structure, regularities and mechanisms of its work that brings us closer to success. The presence in the trader's mind of a "market model", if you will. If it is there, then you can trade profitably at least on the MA pieces with constant parameters.

airbas:

TA, FA, MM, indicators, systems, etc. - are just auxiliary tools. It is the understanding of the market structure, regularities and mechanisms of its work that brings us closer to success. The presence in the trader's mind of a "market model", if you will. If it is there, then you can trade profitably at least on the MA pieces with constant parameters.

I think that even one MA with constant parameters can result in profitable owls. It is better to be able to see entries in the context of a fixed indicator, than to fit the indicator parameter to the constantly changing market. What's your progress?

Aleksander (NeKola) assures that by opening buy and sell orders simultaneously on one currency pair without TA and manipulating only by adding lots in arithmetic progression (adding or averaging) he is able to make good profit over a long period of time. This is the problem he proposed to solve for others, but I have never seen anyone solve it. Probably he uses this method in his dough, but he trades several currency pairs for diversification in order to reduce the drawdown.

khorosh:
...He probably uses this method in his dough as well, only to diversify he trades several currency pairs in order to reduce his drawdown.
Not so. He is using the co-movement analysis of currency pairs to enter the market on one (although I do not exclude that several (less than the analyzed) pairs).

Roman.:
Not so. It uses the co-movement analysis of currency pairs to enter the market on one (although I don't exclude several (less than the pairs analysed)) pair.
Well, at least I think that the principles of adding lots are the same as for one currency pair. The difference is that there lots are added on one currency pair. But in Bablokos you add lots on two pairs. And what it all comes down to is the algorithm of lots adding to the profit. Having this algorithm, it does not matter where to fix it on one currency pair or on two.
Reason: