Which is more important - the entrance or the exit? Is the entry point even important? Is the exit point even important? - page 7

It's a bit of a doddle. It is important to enter correctly and lock in profits. Two related things, entry and exit. Not separate ones. It is clear that entry depends on personal understanding of the current market situation. So, the logic is simple in general - we enter and know where we will go if we are right, and where we will take a loss if we are wrong. The reverse situation is not clear to me, what is it? - We enter without thinking, and then wait in the hope of profit?

Roman.:

This is not "greed leads to poverty" - this is called "no profit". What about the "Cut the losses, let the profits grow"?

North is right there.

As to the subject of the branch: entering/exiting an aggregate position in a symbol should be done in parts, the so-called "smeared entry point", at the exit to the profit and the subsequent movement of the symbol in the direction of open orders - we scale in. Exiting is based on the TS signals.

There's an elderflower in the garden.

First of all, the topic cannot be considered in isolation from the TS.

For example, if entry is at the opening of a bar and exit is after a certain number of bars, then it is meaningless to consider the importance of the exit in this case - only entry is important.

If the exit is not predefined, both entry and exit are equally important. The average equity drawdown in each trade should be considered here. The less drawdown in trades, the less risky is the TS and the more effective it is.

I am currently working with multi-criteria learning nets. I experimented with different criteria and it appeared that the criterion "minimal drawdown of equity in a trade" when maximizing the criteria "Gained Total Number of Pips" and "Profit Factor" gives a net which is the most profitable in the RE. Without this criterion, the results are always worse.

paukas:

There's an elderberry in the garden.

Congratulations Mr paukas, you are back on your wavelength! :-)

And "There's an elderflower in the garden - a- A", rita-drita-rita-ta-A!

Absolutely on the sabjacket of the branch! You're rarely spitting on the airwaves these days!

MikeM: For me, the exit is clearly more important. ... The consequences of a bad entry can be neutralised by a quick exit. The consequences of a bad exit cannot be neutralized.
Are you kidding me? Try a fast entry after a bad exit, you will only lose on the spread.

joo:

1."minimum equity drawdown on a trade".

Is it absolute or relative? If relative, what is the base?

2. when maximizing the "Total pips accumulated" and "Profit Factor" criteria

The number of pips depends on the slope of the trend. Shouldn't the "Trades count" and the "Profit Factor" be used as a division of profitable trades by loss-making ones?

faa1947:

1."minimum equity drawdown on a trade".

Is it absolute or relative? If relative, what is the base?

2. when maximizing the "accumulated total number of pips" and "Profit Factor" criteria

The number of pips depends on the trend slope.

3. should not "number of trades" and the profit factor be used as a division of the maximum number of trades into losing ones?

1. I calculate the equity drawdown per trade in pips.

2. 2. The number of pips defines exactly how much profit an TS extracts from price fluctuations.

3. you should not.

joo:

2. The number of pips unambiguously determines how much profit the TS squeezes out of rate fluctuations.

3. You shouldn't.

Suppose you catch one swing of 100 pips which you then lose in 10 trades of 10 pips. But according to your calculations the profit factor = 1, while according to my calculation the profit factor = 1/10 and my calculation is more correct.

The task is simple. We take the probability of fifties, i.e. stoploss = takeprofit, and see - entry is most important.

FION: i.e. stoploss = takeprofit and see - entry is most important.
Spread? With your maths we'll see that spread is the head... )))
Reason: