Making money on forex is impossible - page 18

khorosh:
In my opinion, it is the absolute drawdown that is most important. It is what determines the quality of the entry. Maximum and relative drawdowns are not so important. Zero absolute drawdown is the ideal to strive for.

One way or another, you have to straighten it out in order to accelerate the movement towards the ideal ;)

khorosh:
In my opinion the absolute drawdown is the most important. It is what determines the quality of the entry. A low absolute drawdown makes it possible to use a small stop loss. Maximum and relative drawdowns are not so important. Zero absolute drawdown is the ideal to strive for. Although I may be wrong.

That is exactly what the machine is talking about. This is what the entry, exit and trade efficiency indicators are for. Any trading system consists of deals. And one should try to make every trade perfectly, then an ideal TS can be obtained. At entry efficiency equal to 1, stop loss can be minimum, etc. (I already gave a link to the formulas, Bulashev ....). This topic has already been discussed here many times. The automatic device seems to have missed it. He cannot or does not want to understand that it is not quite correct to evaluate the TS according to sets of trades, to derive the average, the LOF, the number of trades in profit, the profit factor, etc. These are all indicators from the field of hospital average...

Simple and illustrative examples 100 trades in plus and one in minus (which kills all profits of the first 100 trades). Many of these systems I know, martingale ..... that one trade is called pre-mediated :-)

foravtomat :just for your information the perfect TS is the one that has no drawdown, you are right, but the drawdown itself should always be evaluated from the moment you entered the trade, not at the close. In my opinion, the most important thing is to measure the absolute drawdown, and not the drawdown at the end.

Prival:

Foravtomat :FYI for you, an ideal TS is one that has no drawdown, you are correct, but the drawdown itself should always be evaluated from the moment you entered the trade, not at the close. You can't have an ideal TS that has a huge drawdown at the moment, but as a result of overshooting it makes a paltry profit compared to this drawdown.

I have a different opinion on what a perfect TS should be. And your ideal TS is your ideal TS.

An ideal TS satisfies the criteria:

1) Drawdown tends to zero over an arbitrarily long period of time;

2) Profit tends to infinity over an arbitrarily small period of time.

It goes without saying that an ideal TS is not realizable.

avtomat:

I do not agree with the first statement. And the second one is absolutely correct, we should work on it more thoroughly.
khorosh:
In my opinion, the most important is the absolute drawdown. It is what determines the quality of entry. A low absolute drawdown makes it possible to use a small stop loss. The maximum and relative drawdowns are not so important. Zero absolute drawdown is the ideal to strive for. Although I may be wrong.

Well, the problems are not complicated and are clear to everyone.

No one has a solution. Solid theoretical-mathematical calculations without practice. And if there is practice, the end result is a failure.

I am not going to write for anyone. Here is the actual pilot variant of my strategy of 2012 and half a day of demo trading on it for example. I'm not going to show and give away what I have got out of it by any means. Almost everyone can bring the beginning to an end.

If the system is built correctly and reliably, then forex earnings are possible!

Contender:

It goes without saying that an ideal TS is not realizable.

There are such strategies. They exist. I even posted a video in my branch with the principles of their construction (the video created this strategy). It's called arbitrage. Except that in forex, these strategies are not available to ordinary traders

Prival:

There are such strategies. They exist. I even posted a video in my branch with the principles of their construction (I used the video to create this strategy). It's called arbitrage. Only in Forex these strategies are not available for traders.
Yes, mathematicians are simply getting into the thick of things. Everything is on the surface, you just have to look closely. The ties couldn't have come up with anything complicated... And in forex, there's a veil. And on the CME it's hidden in the same way. And everywhere else. If anyone finds it, it'll be the same as what happened to me once. The point is all pairs are the result of mathematical operations from one and the same. A 100% quote match. Arbitrage is an under- or mis-calculation. Good luck everyone!

_new-rena:

If the system is built correctly and reliably, then forex earnings are possible!!!

You know, earning money is possible, in principle. But you will talk about it, if your system lasts at least three months, even if it is on an ESN CENT account.

that's when we can talk about something.

First - the system must last a day, then a week, then 21 days =) then 40 days =)

then 3 months. Preferably summer...

Contender:

It goes without saying, that ideal TS is impossible to implement.

Deposit/Withdrawal: 1 000.00 Credit Facility: 0.00
Closed Trade P/L: 424.85 Floating P/L: -252.07 Margin: 22.97
Balance: 1 424.85 Equity: 1 172.78 Free Margin: 1 149.81

Gross Profit: 608.05 Gross Loss: 183.20 Total Net Profit: 424.85
Profit Factor: 3.32 Expected Payoff: 8.85
Absolute Drawdown: 5.12 Maximal Drawdown: 42.88% (2.98%) Relative Drawdown: 2.98% (42.88%)

Total Trades: 48 Short Positions (won %): 24 (50.00%) Long Positions (won %): 24 (58.33%)
Profit Trades (% of total): 26 (54.17%) Loss trades (% of total): 22 (45.83%)

The test in 2013.11.05. There is just a 50/50 principle 50% of transactions only profitable (drawdown was assumed 10% somewhere, and so was) TC "absorption". (? - of course demo, but it's not a TS it's a toy )))))

Criteria of TS to work in four types of price movement - 1) the price will go up and will not return (never) 2) the price will go up and will return 3) 4) the same with sells.

IRIP:

You know, earning money is, in principle, possible. But you'll talk about it, if your system will hold at least three months, even on an ESN account.

then we can talk about something.

First - the system should last a day, then a week, then 21 days =) then 40 days -)

Then 3 months. Preferably summer...

Has it occurred to me that with 100% profit per day, 10 days is enough?

The development of TC is as follows:

- First we hit the tester to get 100% a year, then we get 10

- then we hit 1,000 and get 100%...

- then 100% per hour, we get 100 per day.

I'm already at the last one somewhere close to it.

I have already written more than 2,000 Expert Advisors, and for me they are trash. I don't give them even if they are asked, because they are all the same plummers, but the earnings are different. But greed is not a vice for traders and they will take their losses, and I`m sure they`ll return the investments.

Reason: