Errors, bugs, questions - page 2561

Сергей Таболин:

And why all the friction?

I probably won't be able to explain it to you. You need to understand at least the difference between a solution and a crutch.

Igor Makanu:

I couldn't find a topic with tests of simple operations/operators, last time I tested it I destroyed myth #1https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/160683/page933#comment_12780905

I wanted to use case instead of if , but at the dawn of computer era I was convinced case was too long against if,

tested it, works the same way, you can use case for readability of code text:

2019.09.16 08:13:42.157 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) #1 : if

2019.09.16 08:15:30.640 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) if : loops=1215752192 ms=108469

2019.09.16 08:15:30.640 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) no2 : case

2019.09.16 08:17:19.134 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) if : loops=1215752192 ms=108515

2019.09.16 08:17:19.134 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) #3 : if

2019.09.16 08:19:07.662 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) if : loops=1215752192 ms=108516

2019.09.16 08:19:07.662 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) #4 : case

2019.09.16 08:20:56.122 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) if : loops=1215752192 ms=108453

2019.09.16 08:20:56.122 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) #5 : if

2019.09.16 08:22:44.570 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) if : loops=1215752192 ms=108469

2019.09.16 08:22:44.570 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) #6 : case

2019.09.16 08:24:33.023 SpeedTst (EURUSD,H1) if: loops=1215752192 ms=108437

Hmm, also thought about speeding up ifs.
And for some reason I thought that case would be faster, but it doesn't look like it.
Instead of if you can use ternary operator, maybe it will be faster.

Roman:

Instead of if, you may use a ternary operator, maybe it will be faster.

Test it, I was interested in the question, I tested it and posted the results

Developers have carefully optimized the compiler. The result of the test is that you may use the most convenient ( if or swith ) - that's what you should use, even if it's just a percentage, they are absolutely the same in speed.

TheXpert:

I probably won't be able to explain it to you. For that you should at least understand the difference between a solution and a crutch.

I myself have had to use crutches where quite simple and effective solutions could have been used, and your sarcasm (to put it mildly) does not do you credit.

If you want your every utterance to be taken with a pinch of salt, carry on with it. You are in authority here, but it does not take long to lose it.

And besides you here are enough of adequate and authoritative people.

P.S. If you can not explain your point of view - better to keep silent. Trying to make a fool of your interlocutor - that's what characterizes you very vividly.

P.P.S. I would ask you to refrain from making personal comments on my posts. Is your "authority" enough for that? )))

Сергей Таболин:

Your comments often don't make any sense at all. Just don't get involved in topics you don't understand and there will be less flooding.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Your comments often don't make any sense at all. Just don't get into topics you don't understand and there will be less flooding.

Aw, bollocks!))) You have to be as "smart" as the likes of you to give your opinion ))))))).

They are meaningless only for those who either don't want to (in view of their own importance) or can't (probably for the same reason ;))) see it.

Let me break it down for you personally.

Zips would be great. Understand? (Key words - it would be).

But there are none.

From what we have, Artem offered a normal solution. You can certainly call it a "crutch", but... And what you and others can offer as a working alternative? Aside from wishing for zips, of course?

It seems that many gurus simply can't separate their desires from real possibilities. Hence they spit in the direction of those who remind them of it. Well, a celestial has been reprimanded. There are only two opinions, mine and the wrong one )))) I hope you've outgrown them... No, I personally will not grieve ;)

Сергей Таболин: What do you and others have to offer as a workable alternative? Other than, of course, wishing for zips?
Yes, put it on blogs or another resource. on the market in the end, even if without sources.

Сергей Таболин:

There are far more alternatives than make sense of your posts.

Repository on bitbucket, google disk - the first thing that comes to mind.

The spit and the celestials will be understood by you, I won't litter the airwaves.

TheXpert:
Yes, put it in blogs or on another resource. On the market in the end, even without the source code.

So do it and give people the link! This would be a real step, not just empty criticism.

And only after that, let the experts (not me) evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each solution. This will be a constructive dialogue.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

There are far more alternatives than make sense of your posts.

Repository on bitbucket, google disk - the first thing that comes to mind.

You'll understand about spit and celestials yourself, I won't clutter up the airwaves.

The original question was how to put something into the kodobase that it doesn't let through. My option works, and the critics have yet to show anything on the subject of the question. Well, except for an inflated ego, of course. And third-party resources (which is off-topic).
I notice that many of the supposedly honored members of the forum have recently deflated to trolling and attempts to inflate on the background of former merits. It is impossible to rest on your laurels for a long time - people change and for new users of the resource you all who puff up are just trolls without merit and respect.
I would hate to see all of us old-timers in the light of what I have described above. It's a road to nowhere.
Reason: