[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 715

4x-online:
What is the PRINCIPAL difference between averaging and increasing the lot?
I see, so you don't like either lot increments or averaging. And do you like refills?

khorosh:
I see, so you don't like lot increases or averaging. Do you like refills?
Can you answer the question? What is the fundamental difference between averaging with the same lot and averaging (which is also a kind of averaging) with a bigger lot? What are the unknown options of a simple average compared to a martingale?

4x-online:
Can you answer the question? What is the fundamental difference between averaging with the same lot and averaging (which is also a kind of averaging) with a larger lot? What are the unknown options of a simple average compared to a martingale?

With constant lot averaging, the lot of an aggregate position grows more slowly, that's the only difference, don't you get it?

khorosh:

With constant lot averaging the lot of an aggregate position grows more slowly, the difference is just that, isn't it clear?

Great. And sometimes increasing the lot will help pull an aggregate position to zero/small profit, but simple averaging will not. And NOT increasing the number of orders does not lead to an increase in aggregate position at all.

What then is the great secret of simple averaging? Apart from its mantric power.

khorosh:

With constant lot averaging, the lot of an aggregate position grows more slowly, that's the only difference, don't you see?

I think there is nothing wrong with averaging or adding lots. Suppose if you want to have a position of 3 lots, why not divide that position into 3 parts. The first part you enter by your signals, and the rest of the positions you enter by adding or averaging, depending on the direction of price movement. Is it worse than entering three lots at once?

khorosh:
I don't think there is anything wrong with averaging or topping up. Suppose you want to have a position of 3 lots, why not divide that position into 3 parts. The first part you enter by your signals, and the rest of the positions you enter by adding or averaging, depending on the direction of price movement. Is it worse than entering three lots at once?
And what if all three lots have gone to the averaging? What should you do next?

4x-online:
What if all three lots have gone to averaging? What do you do next?
If you made a mistake with the direction of entry, in the variant with averaging when a stop is triggered the loss will be less than in the variant of entry with three lots at once. Is it so bad?

khorosh:
If you make a mistake with the direction of entry, the averaging option will result in a smaller loss when a stop is triggered than if you enter with three lots at once. Is that a bad thing?

With the averaging variant you need 3 signals. What if the second one does not occur and you have an open order hanging around? What should you do?

Another variant: the price went in your direction after the first entry, you filled (again, you need a signal), the price changed. What do you do?

4x-online:

In the averaging option, you need 3 signals. What if there is no second signal and you have an open order dangling? What should you do?

Another variant: the price went in your direction after the first entry, you have invested (again, you need a signal), the price has changed. What do you do?

Do you want me to provide you with a free trading system? It is well known that position allocation reduces risk. If after entering one position you get a signal opposite to the direction of the order, you can close the order as if it was wrong, and choose a new direction to trade in. And in this case you will receive a loss when you close an unsuccessful position by a factor of 3.

khorosh:
Do you want a free trading system from me?
++++++++++++++++
Not really. I am willing to get it with your surcharge.

It is well known that position allocation reduces risk. If after entering one position you get a signal opposite to the order direction, you can close the order as if it was wrong, and choose a new trading direction. And in this case you will get 3 times less loss when you close an unsuccessful position.
++++++++++++++++
In reality, it looks like this: your "signals" are 50/50 on the distance. If it were otherwise, you would have long ago posted a report from your tester with a constant lot and shouting "I'm a fucking genius". But you're not, and you think that with a few lots you'll improve your "system". While the probability of entries will still be 50/50, it will be several times harder to manage multiple lots. You have to draw a decision tree etc. And if the system hasn't worked in tests for three years with a constant lot, it won't work with a few lots.
Reason: