[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 129

Hi all, can you tell me if there is an indicator that mirrors any sliding bar? For example a muving draws a wave up! And this indicator draws the mirror image. I.e. it plots a wave downwards! Thanks a lot!

spoiltboy:
Please, advise me how to get the basics of mql for strategy testing and automated trading. Maybe there are some courses or video lessons?

Look here - especially first and fourth post (lessons and video).

Naturally, no one has cancelled the textbook and documentation.

Zhunko:
This is how the code generator is set up. Any type can be returned, but special functions do not return anything in a system call, regardless of type.
Vadim, thank you for your reply.

Hi! I downloaded the indicator, but I can't put it into my EA.

double BAY  =    iCustom( NULL, 0, "PROGNOZFX",0,0);
double SELL =    iCustom( NULL, 0, "PROGNOZFX",1,0);

Through Comment("BAY ",BAY,"\n", "SELL ",SELL) I want to know some values to determine when to open the right order. But I can't get them all at zero.

/Публикация декомпилированного кода запрещена правилами форума! Файл удален.granit77/

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Black #property indicator_color2 Black int gi_76 = 0; int gi_80 = 1; bool gi_84 = TRUE; bool gi_88 = TRUE; bool gi_92 = TRUE; bool gi_96 = FALSE; bool gi_100 = FALSE; bool gi_104 = TRUE; extern string www.forexway.ru = "www.forexway.ru"; double g_ibuf_116[]; double g_ibuf_120[]; int init() {    SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW);    SetIndexArrow(0, 158);    SetIndexBuffer(0, g_ibuf_116);    SetIndexEmptyValue(0, 0.0);    SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_ARROW);    SetIndexArrow(1, 158);    SetIndexBuffer(1, g_ibuf_120);    SetIndexEmptyValue(1, 0.0);

Hello, could you please tell me if it is better to write an EA for a particular currency pair or a universal one for all pairs? I am interested in information from personal experience :).

first_may:
If you have tested the Expert Advisor on a certain currency pair, would you please tell me if it is better to develop it for a certain currency pair or for a universal one for all pairs? I'm interested in information from personal experience :).

I don't even know how to answer you. It all depends on the strategy. Some work on volatile pairs, some on flat pairs, some are universal and work everywhere. Although, universality as such is unlikely to be achieved. Anyway, the Expert Advisor will behave well on some pairs and not so well on others. I've chosen one pair for me, it is EURUSD, I'm writing my Expert Advisor based on it and I always test it. If something happens to be profitable, I try to test it on other pairs (I wonder how an Expert Advisor behaves there). That's my personal experience! :)))

There is an old Russian saying: "You may chase two birds with one stone...". And you are trying to chase dozens of hares at once! :DD

MaxZ:

I don't even know how to answer you. It all depends on the strategy. Some work on volatile pairs, some on flat pairs, some are universal and work everywhere. Although, universality as such is unlikely to be achieved. Anyway, the Expert Advisor will behave well on some pairs and not so well on others. I've chosen one pair for me, it is EURUSD, I'm writing my Expert Advisor based on it and I always test it. If something happens to be profitable, I try to test it on other pairs (I wonder how an Expert Advisor behaves there). That's my personal experience! :)))

There's an old Russian saying: "You'll chase two hares, and you won't catch even one". And you are trying to chase dozens of hares at once! :DD

Thanks for the reply. You're right (or rather a proverb :) ), for one pair I got results that triple me, trying to transfer the strategy to another - the result is awful and as a result I "kill" (break) the strategy - as a result it doesn't work anywhere. Thanks again for the reply, I will take it into account :).

Top2n:

Hello! I downloaded the indicator, but I can't get it to work in my EA.

Through Comment("BAY ",BAY,"\n", "SELL ",SELL) I want to know some values to determine when to open the right order. But it's not getting through, it's still on zero.

The signal will only appear when a value is written to the buffer and a dot should appear on the graph. But if you blink when it appears, the dot will remain and the comments will show 0 again. Try better with alert or print - then the moment of signal passing will be saved in log.

If you have black background of windows, as an extra check, try to change

#property indicator_color1 Black
#property indicator_color2 Black

to red, for example

How to compare vertices in an oscillator, thank you.

valenok2003:

The signal will only appear when the value is written to the buffer and a dot should appear on the graph. But if you blink when it appears, the dot will remain and the comments will show 0 again. Try better with alert or print - then the moment of signal passing will be saved in log.

If the background of your windows is black, as an extra check, try changing

#property indicator_color1 Black
#property indicator_color2 Black

to red, for example

didn't help, any other suggestions?
Reason: