Resistance and support on the CCI indicator - page 2

sayfuji:

WTF? If it's a grail, why aren't you trading? There is no such thing as a half-performing system. All those pretty pictures with a week of tests are self-deception. Practice will show. CCI like everything else - it averages without mercy. That's how you draw conclusions.

Does this picture remind you of anything?

So maybe you don't need CCI?

In my opinion the CCI drawdown is less and the exit is more accurate. I mean, Buy closes with a Sell signal and vice versa.

That's why I suggested the author of https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10265<br/ translate="no"> to do something different, like

And what was the benefit of that? (in terms of real money, not science for the sake of science).

In my opinion the CCI drawdown is less, and the exit is more accurate. I mean, Buy is closed with the appearance of Sell signal and vice versa.

Are the tests a week old? - There is no reason to talk about it. If you trade manually for half a year with a smooth MM, well, at least for 3 months, then we are talking about something. All the rest is just talk with the prefix "IMHO", which makes no sense.

sayfuji:

The tests are a week old? - No reason to talk. Six months of manual trading with an even MM, or at least 3 months, then there's something to talk about. All the rest is talk with the prefix IMHO, which makes no sense.

That's why I would like to start with a strategy tester...

You draw in hindsight, when you can see the patterns that have already been broken and are profitable to trade. And in the process of trading you will never guess which pattern has formed the right one or not. Although, we have a set of patterns from Wudi, but they often fail to justify themselves. It's necessary to find as cyclic as possible market for this kind of trading. Try it on shares.

sayfuji:

And what did it accomplish? (In terms of real money, not science for the sake of science).

he didn't - it did nothing, but if he had - it did - a separate signal for highs and lows like in that indicator

we can see the crossing of the average line of the indicator similar to CCI

we see the signals of divergence and hidden divergence, which indicate a change in the trend direction

we see the level of life and the range of distribution

fozi:

You draw in hindsight, when you can see the patterns that have already been broken and are profitable to trade. And in the process of trading you will never guess which pattern has formed the right one or not. Although, we have a set of patterns from Wudi, but they often fail to justify themselves. It's necessary to find as cyclic as possible market for this kind of trading. Try it on shares.

And I didn't guess the right paternals. While forming a CCI polyline, I only chose the last two tops or troughs. Good signals are given by resistance lines inclined 45 degrees to the horizon (+-10). Gentle lines, for example, on the H1 interval look just about 45 degrees on the H4. ADX is not bad as a filter. But it still needs to be tested.

Geronimo:

... we see divergence and latent divergence signals which indicate a change in trend direction ...

The clarification does not mean "... about the change in the trend direction ...", we see only a correction so far

the hidden divergence signals continue from below after the direct divergence, but on the second signal the sequence was broken, which suggests doubtful continuation, so put pending orders at the upper divergence level of 82.20 up and 81.30 down

levels and range are valid and can be traced on the history

A good sell entry would be when the CCI curve crosses the red line. At the same time, +DI should be below -DI (ADX indicator). A more accurate entry should be looked for on the 30 minute timeframe.

Until the crossover occurs, you can look for buy entries. Using the same 30-minute chart.

shprott:

A good sell entry would be when the CCI curve crosses the red line. At the same time, +DI should be below -DI (ADX indicator). A more accurate entry should be looked for on the 30 minute timeframe.

Until the crossover occurs, you can look for buy entries. Using the same 30 minute chart.

1. evaluation question on your screen - how good (reliable) would be a sell entry ? i.e. target (exit), you can't do without evaluation of levels here

2. Buy entry was based on the hidden divergence on the 1st of June, on the rebound from the level of 1.4300

I will continue by :

Since the downward trend continued, then:

1.we see a risky entry of 31.05 against the trend and purely on the crossing of the level of life, and the exit outside the distribution range when the candle closed downwards, or when returning into the range

2.We see a possible entry in the trend on 02.06 outside the distribution range (not described) and entry upon crossing the life level and the first exit (largest lot) upon return to the range or channel of the indicator, the second entry upon return to the channel on the indicator below the distribution range, the third entry upon the nearest divergence, which means there is a level - the stop is outside 10% of the distribution range width for the 2nd and 3rd entries (all entries simultaneously as they are trending).