The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 483

Alexander_K2:

In war it's like in war. Sorry, mate.

Dear Napoleon, you took your medicine prematurely.

khorosh:

There's a 32.78 equity drawdown figure in the report. Why would I want to measure anything on a chart when I already have the figure.

You probably study life on TV reports too?) It is fraught with surprises when confronted with reality.)

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
Dear Napoleon, you took your medicine prematurely.

What kind of medicine? You, too... Well, fuck you. Goodbye.

secret:
You must learn life from TV reports too?) It may cause surprises when bumping into reality.)

Not from the TV, from the report in the terminal. Mathematical calculation is always more accurate than measuring with a ruler on a chart. My Expert Advisor always calculates drawdown by equity and determines the time and date of the maximum drawdown. This allows me to quickly find the maximal drawdown point during testing and correct the algorithm to minimize the drawdown at this point.

khorosh:

Not from the TV, from the report in the terminal. Mathematical calculation is always more accurate than measuring with a ruler on a chart. My Expert Advisor always calculates drawdown by equity and determines the time and date of maximal drawdown. This allows me to quickly find the maximal drawdown point during testing and correct the algorithm so that the drawdown becomes less significant at this point.

The calculation methodology is incorrect, as I said above.

secret:
The calculation method is not correct there, as I wrote above.

I don't know about MT5, I work in MT4. The max equity drawdown calculated by the Expert Advisor always coincides with what the terminal gives. I even posted a code somewhere on the forum (back then it was MQL4).

Доктор:
Doctor, save the rampaging patients immediately, they'll scatter)

khorosh:

I was referring to the case of using levels when the trader believes there is a high probability of a bounce from a level.

What does this have to do with counter-trend tactics? Just a grid, or trading in a channel for a bounce. There is no physics. For counter-trend trading you need an indicator of anticipated trend reversal - that's the first thing.

This indicator always lags relative to the actual reversal point, therefore it is crazy to use it (reaching the expected level), and even with a short stop.

The important thing is to understand that the trend is reversing, and only then open against it.

Here's an example (probably not the best) at the moment:

Доктор:

Everything I have outlined is firstly from a primer and secondly easily verifiable.

Various people here on the forum have repeatedly posted the results of analysis of real BPs proving that they are close to SB. And me included.

Here on the forum, a variety of people have repeatedly proven that it's impossible to make money on SB. And me included.

Anyone with a little bit of toolkit can repeat all these studies and make sure they are correct. Or prove them wrong and get a Nobel Prize.

Making money on SB is not only possible, but it could well be guaranteed.

There are, however, minor details, like the need for an endless deposit. But in this case a perfect harmony of model, method and result, all of them are marginal, i.e. evaluated when the number of realizations tends to infinity.

In real fields of knowledge requiring making correct decisions in specific situations (like TAU), the limiting models, methods and solutions are not applicable. You just need to land a particular plane with two hundred passengers on a particular runway and not kill them all.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Not only is earning money on SB possible, but it can well be guaranteed.

There are, however, minor details, such as the need for an infinite deposit. But in this case there is full harmony of model, method and result, all of them are marginal, i.e. they are evaluated when the number of realizations tends to infinity.

In real fields of knowledge requiring making correct decisions in specific situations (like TAU), the limiting models, methods and solutions are not applicable. You just need to land a particular plane with two hundred passengers on a particular runway and not kill them all.

This is possible when trading without leverage with an impressive deposit.
Reason: