Question for the pros: is a stable profitable EA a myth? - page 4

Abzasc:

Illogical.

Then justify it. bring the answer to its logical conclusion.

Richie:

timbo, you can find all books on the internet these days, I, for example, haven't bought them for myself for a long time now. No one has ever tried to "read" in their sleep? I've never tried to "read in my sleep"?

So that's your reason for pride - you've been stealing for a long time. Why don't you go on with your "revelations" and tell me how you went from common theft to paedophilia or something...

DDFedor:

Then justify it. Bring the answer to its logical conclusion.

I'll try ))

Let's take the MACD. First compiled by Gerald Appel. Appel has a book. Technical Analysis. Effective tools for the active investor. Following the logic above, Appel did not know how to trade, it means that MACD must be burned.

Further follow the list of indicators, including the Japanese candlesticks, which work, if they work, only for the Japanese. (Let's take it to the absurdity) Moreover, the bar charts are in the same place, we do not know who described them first.

We stay with the clean price line and start re-inventing the wheel.

That's how it looks like.

(FA, news, psychology and so on, sorry, I will not take it apart)))

Richie:
Banned.

Megalomania in addition to kleptomania?

Abzasc:

I'll try ))

Let's take the MACD. First compiled by Gerald Appel. Appel has a book. Technical Analysis. Effective tools for the active investor. Following the logic above, Appel was not able to trade, it means that MACD should be burned.

Well, don't they go to hell? The terminal comes with a ready-made Expert Advisor on the MACD. Has anyone got rich on it? And if not, doesn't it prove that McDacke is useless?

Traders trade. That's it, full stop. Books are written by people of a different sort - either scientists or science fiction writers. But not traders, because traders trade.

timbo:

Isn't it a cakewalk? The terminal comes with a ready-made McDack-based advisor. Did someone get rich off of it? And if not, isn't that proof that McDuck is worthless?

Traders trade. That's it, full stop. Books are written by people of a different sort - either scientists or science fiction writers. But not traders, because traders trade.

Working on a clean line? Delighted.

Abzasc:

Working on a clean line? Delighted.
It's much worse than that. I don't even look at the price, as it and its direction don't interest me at all. But I can't take the credit for it, I should admire mathematicians who have written good books, without claiming to be "famous traders".

timbo:
It's much worse than that. I don't even look at the price, as it and its direction don't interest me at all. But I can't take any credit for that, I have to admire mathematicians who have written good books, without claiming to be "famous traders".

Can you explain the direction in more detail?

Abzasc:

Can you be more specific about the direction?
Yes, it's a martin of some kind, anyway.

No, timbo doesn't look like a Martin fan :)
Reason: