Question for the pros: is a stable profitable EA a myth? - page 5

Svinozavr:

Abzasc:

Thanks for the link.

Read the thread, went to find out who Elder A. is.

"...Moving forward or looping, I had more than once hit a bump and ruined my stock account. After each failure, I would go back to work in the clinic, save my money, read, reflect, refine my methodology, and then start playing again."

Gentlemen. Are you serious? ... But what does this have to do with our case?

Like what? The most direct. The psychoanalyst who exhorts Alcoholics Anonymous not to drink has become an avid gambler, scamming and draining the under-drunk money of these very ex-alcoholics. And so all his emigrant life.

That's something for beginners to think about.

so kamikaze))

Reshetov:

Like what? The most direct. A psychoanalyst, who exhorts AA to not drink, has become an inveterate addict, swindling and draining the under-drunk money of these very ex-alcoholics. And so all his emigrant life.

This is something for novice addicts to think about.

What does gambling addiction have to do with it?

Abzasc:

Can you give us more details?
Pairs trading

Anton Palych comes to mind:
"Smart people love to learn, but fools love to teach".

Svinozavr:
Anton Palych comes to mind:
"Smart people love to learn, and fools love to teach".

"Proverbs don't lie, but liars speak in proverbs."

Why isn't Elder an authority for you, but Chekhov is? How is one psychiatrist-fictionalist better than the other, what do they both have to do with real life?

Multiple Consciousness Syndrome. Or deliberate misrepresentation.
Where did I say Chekhov was an authority?
===
Real life, if you will, and yours truly has nothing to do with it. I'm a forum glitch...

Svinozavr:
Multiple Consciousness Syndrome. Or deliberate misrepresentation.
Where did I say Chekhov was an authority?
How is that a deliberate twist? You quoted him, verbatim. So you think his opinion is important. Which means he's your authority. It would be strange to expect you to quote someone who means nothing to you.

Eh, guys...

What's wrong with your logic? To hell with the formal one, but at least on a mundane level, eh?
I could have quoted Elder, too. It just came up.

===
Timbo. I really respect you as an expert and a general knowledgeable person (ha! in many ways our thoughts coincide!)), but, sorry - I have no desire to communicate.

Svinozavr:
Oh, guys...

What is wrong with your logic? To hell with it, with the formal, but at least on a mundane level, eh?
I could have quoted Elder, too. It just came up.

"We" are fine with logic. Both on a formal and everyday level. You, on the other hand, seem to have the logic of a blonde or a politician - think one thing, say another, do a third.

By quoting someone, you are trying to give extra weight to your words/ideas, to rely on the authority of the quoted person, i.e. authority is implied a priori.

Reason: