Do you have any tactics for dealing with the loca? - page 21

Tantrik, in netting there are no individual orders which can be closed individually as in MT4. There is only an aggregate position of 3 lots (here) with a notional opening price of 1.2200. Or am I missing something?

Tantrik:
Can be from the chart, can be from the account section - there can be many lots in a common position (both losing and profitable) one of them (any) can be closed (there will be a counter position for the amount of the lot).
Are we talking about the same thing?

Mathemat:

Netting is different.

We open three positions: one at 16:00 at 1.2100 1 lot, the second at 17:00 at 1.2200 1 lot, the third at 18:00 at 1.2300 1 lot. The current price is 1.2400.

I only want to close the first open position. Netting sees everything as a single 3 lot position open at 1.2200. Covering part of the position (1 lot) will bring a profit of 1.2400 - 1.2200 = 200 pips.

And I want to cover exactly the first open and only it (profit should be 300 = 1.2400 - 1.2100, as in good old MT4 without netting). This is not my whim but part of my system.

Who will teach me how to do the same in netting? And who after that will say that everything we did in MT4 can be done in a netting accounting system?

I wasn't expecting that. :о)

You forgot about the equity formula.

By closing at 300 you would move the aggregate position in MT4 in the vicinity of 1.225.

I.e. 300 for volume reduction. and 2 x -50 = 100 for shifting the aggregate position.

That's 200.

Why fool yourself? The balance isn't important.

And in MT5 it's fair and clear.

----

the same 200 in profit. and the total position in place is 1.22 ;)

;)

Mathemat:
Tantrik, in netting there are no individual orders which can be closed individually as in MT4. There is only an aggregate position of 3 lots (here) with a notional opening price of 1.2200. Or am I missing something?
(If I do not have an MT4 account, the combined position with the total balance is shown in the account section and at the same time you can open it (by pressing) in lots and close any of them.

Tantrik:
(I do not have an MT) the account section shows the total position with the total balance and at the same time you can open it (by clicking) into lots and close any of them!
To lots or to individual orders with their own open prices and volumes?

Tantrik:
Do you want me to show you a picture?
If you wouldn't mind, if you don't mind.

Mathemat:
On lots or on individual orders with their own opening prices and volumes?
On the order.(are they lots?)

Tantrik:
on a warrant. (are they lots?)

An order is a warrant (literally, an order).

A lot is one of the characteristics of a warrant.

A WHOLE TOPIC OF OVERBLOWN BULLSHIT... LOCK IS ONE OF THE TRICKS OF THE TRADE... IF SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE IT OR DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO USE LOCKS, YOU SHOULD SYMPATHIZE WITH THIS PERSON AND ADVISE HIM TO GET THE HANG OF IT ... IF SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE THIS METHOD OR DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH LOTS, THEN ONE CAN ONLY SYMPATHIZE WITH HIM OR HER AND ADVISE HIM OR HER TO LEARN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Mathemat:

Netting is different.

We open three positions:

- at 16:00 at 1.2100 1 lot,

- at 17:00 at 1.2200 1 lot,

- at 18:00 1.2300 1 lot.

The current price is 1.2400.

Netting sees everything as a single position of 3 lots with Breakeven price of 1.2200. Covering part of the position (1 lot) will bring a profit of 1.2400 - 1.2200 = 200 pips.

And I want to cover exactly the first open and only it (the profit should be 300 = 1.2400 - 1.2100, as in the good old MT4 without netting). It's not just my whim but part of my system.

Who will teach me how to do the same in netting? And who will tell me afterwards that everything we did in MT4 can be done with a netting accounting system?

Netting only aligns with locking systems when the position is zeroed out. Sooner or later this will happen. That's when you see the difference. Until then...

In your MT4 you will have +300 pips balance and +300 pips (in terms of 1 lot) current profit on open orders. In total, if you close all of them immediately - 600 pips/lot. (Judging by the price - it is EURUSD) Funds +$ 6000

Your balance in MT5 will be +200 pips and +400 pips (in terms of 1 lot) current profit on open orders. In total, if you close all of them immediately, it will be 600 pips/lot. Funds + $6000.

Where is the difference? Equity is the same everywhere. Purchasing power is the same too.

Reason: