Strategies that give big profits - page 18

Useddd:

It's a shitty marketplace, really... I'll wash my hands of it.

I have nothing to say to you either...

urgently in need of a grail

avtomat:

a lot of words... a lot of unnecessary, completely unnecessary words...

Do a simple experiment. You won't need so many unnecessary words.

To make it even clearer, here's a hint picture:

Try to open positions in such a way that the value of Margin is twice the value of Balance, for example.

For the sake of purity of the experiment you can open three Demo accounts with different leverage levels, say 1:100 1:200 1:500

and use them all the same way.

The understanding will not come straight away, but it will come... and you won't need words.

Margin cannot be greater than the balance, that's nonsense!

Alexey:
Margin cannot be greater than balance, that is nonsense!
It's hard to believe at first glance, but -- it can;)

avtomat:
At first glance it's hard to believe, but -- it can;)
Without uncle koli it can't be, in a single moment. I won't argue about the mega lot, I have 86 lots myself, but the margin is bigger than the balance, it can't be.

Alexey:
Without uncle koli can't be, in a single moment. I'm not going to argue about the mega lot, I have 86 lots myself, but the margin is higher than the balance, it can't be.

I'll show you again (there's a minus balance, if you know what I mean):

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/38821/page82#comment_1276493

The strategy is elementary, but this is the beginning.

FOREX - Тенденции, прогнозы и следствия 2015
FOREX - Тенденции, прогнозы и следствия 2015
  • www.mql5.com
FOREX - Тенденции, прогнозы и следствия 2015. - Страница 82 - Категория: общее обсуждение

_new-rena:

I'll show you again (there's a minus balance, if you know what I mean):

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/38821/page82#comment_1276493

The strategy is elementary, but it's a start.

What you show is some kind of bug in the software, the margin opens when you open a trade and closes when you close or lock the trade. If the margin is higher than the balance a normal broker would not allow such a trade to be opened.

Or, it's just a tester error

Alexey:

What you are showing is some kind of bug in the software, the margin opens when you open a trade and closes when you close or lock the trade. If the margin is more than the balance a normal broker would not allow such a trade to be opened.

Or, it's just a tester error

Equity is funds. There are plenty of them there.

I.e. if you close all orders, then the balance will be in the plus.

Let's calculate: Equity = profit + balance - we can withdraw it. Everything is normal there and there is no error.

_new-rena:

Equity is a means to an end. There is plenty of it there.

I.e. if you close all orders, the balance will also be in the plus.

Let's calculate: Equity = profit + balance - we can withdraw it. Everything is normal there and there is no error.

Equity means the amount of balance, and the balance is the starting capital, just things are not called by their names.

Alexey:
The Equity is the amount of balance, and the balance is the starting capital, we just do not call things by their proper names.

Everything there is correctly named.

The initial deposit, i.e. balance without open orders was 1000. Gradually the balance went into deficit, but the Equity grew faster than the balance went down. The balance seems to be in minus, but Equity is more than in plus due to open orders' profit. We just need to study a little and everything will become clear. Balance, Equity and Profit curves are all different.

Imagine that these curves all become straight lines for example, but the angles are different. A rising Equity has a larger angle than a falling balance. That is, the rising Equity is outpacing the plum. So that's how it turns out...

Reason: