Does the Grail exist? - page 206

OlegTs:

I've read it all, so I thought I'd jump in,

I give my definition of the grail:

it is a strategy that studies and finds patterns in the market that make it possible to predict future market behaviour with a certain degree of probability.

As market behaviour changes, this process of learning never stops.

This is actually what we all do here, but sometimes haphazardly and subjectively. I assume that such systems exist and are profitable, but no one is going to release it to the people, because after that the logic of the system will have to be raised, the market will begin to change to another level...

that's the way it is...

all forex is a game of probabilities, which may be more or less... but they are only probabilities anyway... and there are no absolute patterns here (the future cannot be foreseen)... That is why a grail is impossible in principle (i.e., an Expert Advisor with an absolutely accurate entry and exit)... another matter is a statistically profitable Expert Advisor - for a long enough period of time ... or an Expert Advisor correcting input errors ... (or compensating for them one way or another)

sllawa3:
Forex is a game of probabilities that may be higher or lower... but they are only probabilities... while absolute patterns do not exist here (the future cannot be predicted)... That is why a grail is impossible in principle (i.e., an Expert Advisor with an absolutely accurate entry and exit)... another matter is a statistically profitable Expert Advisor - for a long enough period of time ... or an Expert Advisor correcting input errors ... (or compensating for them one way or another)

The longest one I have had for more than 3 years without any change in parameters. But if losses start, it gradually increases interval between trades from standard 4 hours up to 4 days.

So it can survive a very long unfavourable period.

I have a much easier solution... just stops 2-3 (20-30 ) pips i.e. commensurate with the spread.... i've got about the same amount of losses and profits... but the profits are taking a hit and the stops are short

I often have a question,

why don't the DTs store their own quotes for a sufficiently long period, why are these quotes not bumped up normally by the home button, but stop at some short period?

Why is it that the tick history is still not fundamental (with today's technology, this is not a problem) for all sorts of candlesticks and other synthetic slices that do not make sense?

Why are the quotes provided to us by I won't tell you who are holey? Where do the holes come from? it's not like they were there in the first place, were they then put through from a machine gun line?

it's all very strange, or maybe not...

OlegTs:

I often have a question,

why don't the DTs store their own quotes for a sufficiently long period, why are these quotes not bumped up normally by the home button, but stop at some short period?

Why is it that the tick history is still not fundamental (with today's technology, this is not a problem) for all sorts of candlesticks and other synthetic slices that do not make sense?

Why are the quotes provided to us by I won't tell you who are holey? Where do the holes come from? it's not like they were there in the first place, were they then put through from a machine gun line?

it's all very strange, or maybe not...

If the stars are lit, it's because someone needs them... (you can guess who).

FAGOTT:

As the players will level it out with their bets by using the found pattern

The point is that at the leveling stage we are looking for new regularities and it should be done by a machine,

Fortunately, the market does not move towards entropy in the process of levelling, with the disappearance of some regularities, due to skewness, others arise, you can not please everyone ...

that's what you have to use, the grail is a constant search for new patterns after or in the process of levelling up...

buying currency in a bank we are forming supply and demand i.e. quotations... playing bets in a brokerage house we are forming nothing but the brokerage house's pocket...

And you have to predict the time of leveling, how long can you use "freebies", this is another level of market research, while we accidentally find another pattern here and rejoice like children that we have found the grail:))))

sllawa3:
buying currency in a bank, we form supply and demand, i.e. quotes.... playing bets in a brokerage house, we do not form anything but the brokerage house's pocket...
I am not talking about DTs, I am talking about real players who are able to influence the market...

I already wrote that anyone who really buys, barters or sells is able to influence the market... it's just a question of the volume of his transactions
Reason: