The concept: "Good Counsellor" - page 3

joo >>:

А утверждения, о почти идеальном случайном процессе под названием FOREX, представляются очень странными, тем более звучащих от

Well, Andrei, I knew in advance that someone would react in a painful way. All right, let it not be accidental, but the situation for the vast majority of traders does not get better from this. We speak about randomness not because it is some inherent property of the process, but because we do not really know the laws of its development. To be honest, I don't really care what we call it, as long as others understand what properties of the process we are talking about.

Mathemat >>:

Ну Андрей, вот ведь знал заранее, что кто-нибудь обязательно как-нибудь болезненно отреагирует. Ну хорошо, пусть не случайный, но ведь ситуация для подавляющего большинства трейдеров не становится от этого лучше. Мы говорим о случайности не потому, что это какое-то врожденное свойство процесса, а потому, что мы не знаем толком законов его развития. Если честно, мне абсолютно все равно, как его при этом обзывать, - лишь бы другие понимали, о каких свойствах процесса мы говорим.

You're right of course, you and I don't care what we call this process. We just have to keep in mind that the forum is read, among others, by green, snot-nosed traders and very impressionable people. :)

joo писал(а) >>

You're right of course, you and I don't care what we call this process. We just have to keep in mind that the forum is read, among others, by green, snot-nosed traders and very impressionable people. :)

You can't wipe the snot off everyone... the rose-coloured glasses can't be taken off... you can't keep them out of harm's way... Only one's own mistakes teach you something, although Forex takes advantage of the fact that a trader who made a mistake once will make it again and again ... I can't resist - I'll put a picture in it...

Mathemat писал(а) >> You're working with an almost perfect random process

It seems to me that it is unlikely to be "completely random". If there are patterns on it, and you have to admit there are, then it is not "perfectly random".))))

Lyon, what do you say to the fact that (sorry, but I myself am disgusted by this figure invented by no one) 95% of traders, people with skills and brains significantly higher than the statistical average, do not see these patterns?

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Lyon, what do you think about the fact that (sorry, but I myself am disgusted by this unknown figure) 95% of traders, people with skills and brains significantly higher than the statistical average, do not see these regularities?

I would very much like to know the reasons why they do not see them. I, for example, see a lot of patterns, but, as I've written before, this set is worth very little so far.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Lyon, what do you think about the fact that (sorry, but I myself am disgusted by this unknown figure) 95% of traders, people with skills and brains significantly higher than the statistical average, do not see these patterns?

In my opinion, there are many reasons for this. First and most simple - they are not so easy to find. Secondly, they (these patterns) are not "standard". Third - they are provided by non-compliance with a conservative MM due to a thirst for quick enrichment or a desire to go from $100 to a lakh in a month)))). Fourthly - these regularities change in time, sometimes do not work at all, and sometimes you need to stop trading and wait out an unfavorable period. Many, very many people do not understand it. Fifth - uncleanness of brokerage companies. The choice of brokerage companies often affects the profit. Or rather its absence. Sixth - .......)))) This is the first thing that came to mind at 3 am, well there are many more reasons......)))))

LeoV писал(а) >>

Fourth, these patterns change over time, sometimes they do not work at all, and sometimes you have to stop trading and wait out an unfavourable period. Many, very many people do not understand this.

Then what are these regularities? It means that we have to look for the time when these rules work and when they do not. Again a new pattern is needed.

LeoV >>: Шестое - .......)))) Ну там ещё масса причин......)))))

Well, there you go, almost a law of large numbers. A good reason to remember randomness, i.e. to actually state that a process with regularities cleverly hidden from the vast majority can be called random by the vast majority without any loss of money to themselves.

Mathemat >>:

Вот и отличненько, почти закон больших чисел нарисовался-таки. Самый повод вспомнить о случайности, т.е. фактически заявить, что процесс с закономерностями, хитро спрятанными от подавляющего большинства, это самое большинство может без какой-либо потери денег для себя обозвать случайным.

No words!!!))

Reason: