Psychological pressure of the deposit amount - page 6

AlexSTAL писал(а) >> Does anyone have these "symptoms"? Who is dealing with them?

There was such a case. I have solved it this way - I switched the profit to be shown in points, not in deposit currency. It worked ))))

AlexSTAL писал(а) >> I don't dare trust a DC with 20 grand in greenbacks.

Come on, it's not money for a big brokerage house )))). I have both deposited more and withdrawn more and never had any problems.

AlexSTAL >>:

В общем последнее время торгую на реале по следующей схеме: депозит 200-300$, зарабатываю ручками за день 50-100$ лотами 0,1 - 0,2 и в конце дня вывожу 50-100$

With such an ultra-aggressive trading style, it is simply contraindicated for you to switch to serious money. Trade in the same way, for small amounts, if that is enough, and at the same time look for something more conservative. Now it's easy to lose 200 bucks, but you won't be able to play with 2000.

AlexSTAL >>:

Вы считать умеете? 0,1 лот - это 1 настоящий пункт = 1$, при депозите 300$ это просадка в 300 (!!!!!!!) пунктов (ну или 3000 при 5-ти знаке)
Вы так торгуете, что допускаете такие просадки? Пересиживаете убытки? Ждёте, когда же вот-вот цена развернётся в Вашу сторону?
Тогда я Вам сочуствую....

One real pip for one real lot is approximately 10 real quid. Hence, one pip for 0.1 is $1. Yes, it has recently become fashionable to trade on five-figure forex quotes, but such moments are clarified when they say "1 real pip".

It's not the amount of the deposit that puts psychological pressure on you, but the risks you take on yourself. You are not ready for this level of risk. Although, it is not very clear why you are taking it. Reduce the risks and you will be more balanced and peaceful:)

106 pps a day is nothing fancy... I have about the same... sometimes more, sometimes less... I don't really strain my deposit that aggressively... that's why my profitability is about 2-5% a day. But 100 pips a day, moreover if you use several symbols, is absolutely real... and there's no fairy tale or fantasy here.

ZS: to the topicstarter... Reconsider the MM... don't strain your deposit so much... to raise 50% a day is really like a fairy tale... I'm not saying it's a lie or a fairy tale... It's quite possible if you open almost at full depo. BUT - it could end sadly...
Create for yourself a capital management scheme that best suits your needs and at the same time will not expose your deposit to such a critical risk. And with psychology, everything will immediately fall into place.
Believe me - a steady 20% per month is VERY GOOD! Do not strain the deposit by more than 10%. And then you'll grow smoothly... And no stress or nervous breakdowns.

There is also such a thing as greed. I myself traded with linear risk (AccountMargin()/5000 with a leverage of 500. Reduce risks unequivocally. So far I use arithmetic average between Free funds and their root plus underrating coefficient.

grell >>: Пока использую среднее арифметическое между Свободными средствами и их корнем плюс занижающий коэффицент.

Eh, what can't people think of? Do you...

k * ( AccountFreeMargin( ) + MathSqrt( AccountFreeMargin( ) ) / 2. )

?

AlexSTAL писал(а) >>

Good afternoon to all!

I am trading lately with following scheme: deposit 200-300$, earn 50-100$ a day with lots 0.1-0.2 and withdraw 50-100$ at the end of the day.
I tried it earlier with deposit of $1000-2000. There is very strong pressure on this amount. I cannot psychologically watch how the price approaches the stop of, say, 300 points at 1 - 3 lots.
And in the near future I plan to trade with a deposit much larger than the last one.

Do any of you have such symptoms? How do you cope with them?

I think I may abort the standard terminal window and write a counterpart that will underestimate all figures by 10-30 times. Or may I show losses not in sums, but in %, say, or in pips...

Or maybe read some psychological books? Or enroll in yoga? :-))))

Well, I like what Elder said, you need to get used to big money. You need to make a lot of money, for your amount, let's say 300$. Then withdraw your sum of $300 and let the gain go to the depo. Trade the same lots that earned their winnings on the invested 300 for a while. You can withdraw 70% of what you earned once a week, and build up the rest. Once your depo has doubled, i.e. instead of 300 became 900 beads, you can increase your lot by 1/3. It's meticulous, but it helps to cope)))

Richie писал(а) >>

Advertising is not allowed here. Type in Yandex.

Ads are not allowed here, but not to the point of being moronic. As I've noticed, the administration doesn't mind if links to foreign sites appear in the discussion of a topic.
Reason: