Psychological pressure of the deposit amount

Good afternoon to all!

I am trading lately with following scheme: deposit 200-300$, earn 50-100$ a day with lots 0.1-0.2 and withdraw 50-100$ at the end of the day.
I tried it earlier with deposit of $1000-2000. There is very strong pressure on this amount. I cannot psychologically watch how the price approaches the stop of, say, 300 points at 1 - 3 lots.
And in the near future I plan to trade with a deposit much larger than the last one.

Do any of you have such symptoms? How do you cope with them?

I think I may abolish standard terminal window and write a counterpart that will underestimate all figures by 10-30 times. Or may I want to show losses not in sums but in %, say, or in points?

Or maybe read some psychological books? Or enroll in yoga? :-))))

AlexSTAL >>:

депозит 200-300$, зарабатываю ручками за день 50-100$ лотами 0,1 - 0,2

I envy you.

AlexSTAL писал(а) >>

Good afternoon to all!

I am trading lately with following scheme: deposit 200-300$, earn 50-100$ a day with lots 0.1-0.2 and withdraw 50-100$ at the end of the day.
I tried it earlier with deposit of $1000-2000. There is very strong pressure on this amount. I cannot psychologically watch how the price approaches the stop of, say, 300 points at 1 - 3 lots.
And in the near future I plan to trade with a deposit much larger than the last one.

Do any of you have such symptoms? How do you cope with them?

I think I may abort the standard terminal window and write a counterpart that will underestimate all figures by 10-30 times. Or may I want to show losses not in sums but in %, say, or in points?

Or maybe read some psychological books? Or enroll in yoga? :-))))

and with a depo of 200 is it ok?

tempico писал(а) >>

And with a depot of 200 you feel OK?

Absolutely confident. It all has to do with psychology - I can earn $200 in real life (not Forex) in one day... That is why I am not afraid to lose it.

AlexSTAL >>:

Или может книжки по психологии какие почитать? На йогу записаться? :-))))

here is a good book on psychology https://docs.mql4.com/ru/

bank писал(а) >>

Here's a good book on psychology https://docs.mql4.com/ru/

To make a trading robot, you need a couple of years of successful real trading yourself....

AlexSTAL писал(а) >>

Absolutely sure. It's all to do with psychology - I can make $200 in real life (not forex) in one day... So it's not scary to lose

the solution is this... books/people/seminars will not help... gradually build up the deposit... not abruptly... i went through this... i had it even worse... build it up to the size you are not afraid to lose and work, then build it up again etc... half a year will pass

You should definitely read some books. As for the symptoms, they are classic for any more or less successful real-time trader. For your current stage of development as a trader, there is no one-size-fits-all solution and you should continue to do so until your intuition tells you the next stage. The only thing I can say unequivocally - there is no need to "fight". You have to fight with yourself and that will only confuse you and aggravate your current fears, losses, etc. You will go in a vicious circle. When you stop fighting and understand that you can't win without losses and vice versa, everything will be fine. And one more thing. Put points instead of profits in the terminal and do not switch to a higher deposit. You have not done it yet. And about the stops. Is 300 pips a five-digit stop or the normal 300 pips? If it is the former then it is not enough for practically any pair, if it is the latter then it is death for the stated depo.

AlexSTAL писал(а) >>

To make a trading robot, you need a couple of years of successful real-time trading yourself....

It's a good idea, I totally agree. I'll put it in my collection of clever thoughts.

AlexSTAL >>:

Что бы сделать торгующего робота, нужно самому пару лет успешно торговать на реале....

no robot means no technical analysis
you only need to schedule the trades yourself

Gans-deGlucker писал(а) >>
You should have read the books. As for the symptoms, they are classic for any more or less successful real-time trader. For your current stage of development as a trader, there is no one-size-fits-all solution and you should continue to do so until your intuition tells you the next stage. The only thing I can say unequivocally - there is no need to "fight". You have to fight with yourself and that will only confuse you and aggravate your current fears, losses, etc. You will go in a vicious circle. When you stop fighting and understand that you can't win without losses and vice versa, everything will be fine. And one more thing. Put points instead of profits in the terminal and do not switch to a higher deposit. You have not done it yet. And about the stops. Is 300 pips a five-digit stop or the normal 300 pips? If it is the former then it is not enough for practically any pair, if it is the latter then it is death for the stated depo.

No... I'm talking about 30 pips stops...
I put points in the terminal, but the total amount is still in $$$$ :-)))))
Reason: