Psychological pressure of the deposit amount - page 7

Vadim Zeland is unlikely to help in this case, he is afraid of bums. Just as a samurai is always ready for death and therefore he cannot be defeated, so a trader must be ready for bankruptcy. The main reason for all fears is fear of death. So far the best work on fear of death is in Baskakov's thanatotherapy. And there is a mythological correlation - Pluto is the god of money and the lord of the realm of the dead.

lexandros >>:
106 пп в день - никакой фантастики... у меня примерно столько же... бывает больше бывает меньше... правда я не столь агрессивно напрягаю депозит. и поэтому доходность порядка 2-5% в день. но вобще 100 пунктов в день, тем более если на нескольких инструментах - абсолютно реально... и никаких сказок и фантастики тут нет.

106 pps a day... What's there to be modest about? Let's be honest!
100 pips is just the profit you take, and there are drawdowns too, that's why the volume of deals is reasonably limited ( 2-5% per day).
The system is obviously a scalper one and implies almost equal profit and stop.
Great! That is 100пп more!
The total is 200.
Now we have to consider unsuccessful deals with continuation of price movement... let's say another 100, average it out, simplify the probabilities.

So 300 pips of price movement!

Where do you get so much money per day, huh?
Even taking into account several pairs - there is a group movement, and most pairs have serious spreads, so there is no sense to trade the same movements.
Also, there are crosses - they often have sideways, but not wide, and the spread is atomic.

And to get 300 points of movement, of which you can get your 100, even if you look at the charts all day long...
Either the skis aren't running... Or am I the only one who doesn't believe it? ))

denis_orlov >>:

106 пп в день... да чего там скромничать? Давайте уж на чистоту!
100 пп это только то, что вы в профит берете, а есть ведь еще просадочки, недаром объемы сделок разумно ограничены ( 2-5% в день).
Система очевидно скальперская и предполагает примерно равные профит и стоп.
Отлично! это еще 100пп!
Итого уже 200.
Осталось учесть неудачные сделки с продолжением хода цены... ну пусть будет еще 100, усредняем, упрощаем вероятности.

Итак 300 пп ценового движения!

Скажите где Вы столько берете в день, а?
Даже учитывая несколько пар, - присутствует групповое движение, знаете ли, а на большинстве пар спреды нешуточные, смысла торговать те же самые движения - никакого.
Есть еще кросы - там боковики часто бывают, но не широкие, и спред атомный.

И набрать 300 пп движения, из которых урвать свои родимые 100, даже если целый день не отрываясь листать графики...
Толи, лыжи не едут... толи - один я в это не верю?.. ))

There are definitely drawdowns... Show me a TC with no drawdowns - and we'll look for an island to own together with a bunch of beautiful aunties and Bill Gates as a doorman...
I'm talking about trading out at the end of the day... I always close at 23.59 on GC server time. At this time i.e. on trade out - on average 50 to 150 points profit ... There are certainly bad days... For example, just now I closed on Friday with 43 points loss... How many times have I told myself not to get up on Friday during the Pandora's session... it's too unpredictable...
But that's lyric...
We're talking about average profitability... Well... Average profitability - 100 pips a day - is absolutely real, and I even think a little bit... It's possible to earn more... But it's already unstable and risky...
And in terms of money everyone decides for himself... Someone makes 100 points a day - doubles the deposit, or halves it... Somebody humbly raises 2 percent and smokes in peace, instead of getting nervous at every tick...

ZS: so as not to be unsubstantiated... the stats from yesterday... from the real.

Lot 1.

Yesterday was not a good day... 40 pips... but also money... I can look through the history to find days of 200... that happens too... not often, but it happens.

denis_orlov >>:

106 пп в день... да чего там скромничать? Давайте уж на чистоту!
100 пп это только то, что вы в профит берете, а есть ведь еще просадочки, недаром объемы сделок разумно ограничены ( 2-5% в день).
Система очевидно скальперская и предполагает примерно равные профит и стоп.
Отлично! это еще 100пп!
Итого уже 200.
Осталось учесть неудачные сделки с продолжением хода цены... ну пусть будет еще 100, усредняем, упрощаем вероятности.

Итак 300 пп ценового движения!

Скажите где Вы столько берете в день, а?
Даже учитывая несколько пар, - присутствует групповое движение, знаете ли, а на большинстве пар спреды нешуточные, смысла торговать те же самые движения - никакого.
Есть еще кросы - там боковики часто бывают, но не широкие, и спред атомный.

И набрать 300 пп движения, из которых урвать свои родимые 100, даже если целый день не отрываясь листать графики...
Толи, лыжи не едут... толи - один я в это не верю?.. ))

ZS: Misunderstanding of group movements... Learn the math... Don't take trends and correlation literally... Have you ever tried to think backwards and enter the market against the crowd? Every movement always (or almost always) has corrections... and these corrections happen very often during the session... some are mild, some are strong... even some that look like a reversal... but we don't care... we've taken a slice of the pie from the feast... and in the evening we drink our cognac in peace:)
Isn't that right? Colleague...

Thank you for your reply.
The doubt was not about the drawdown. I have no doubts about that at all.

I would suggest that your system does not take into account any special signals, maybe the most primitive ones, or by eye.
The rest is diversification and probability play. Suppose the profit 50 and stop 50, or maybe even 100 - whatever happens, the lots are small.

Am I right at least partially? )

lexandros >>:

ЗЫ: Не верно понимаете групповые движения... Учите мат.часть... не надо воспринимать тренды и корреляцию буквально... Не пробовали думать от противного? и вставать в рынок против толпы? на каждом движении всегда (ну почти всегда) есть коррекции... и эти коррекции бывают в течении сессии очень часто... бывают несильные, бывают и сильные.. даже такие, что похожи на разворот... но нам это неважно... мы отломили свой кусочек пирога, от общего праздника... и вечером спокойно пьем свой коньяк:)
Не так ли? коллега...

How can group movements be "misunderstood" other than as the movement of groups in a certain direction?
What sense do you put into this?

The point is that group movements are not always group movements, in the full sense of the word... i.e. almost 100% correlated instruments are not always in step... I think you know this very well...
And a sharp movement in the yen/buck does not mean the same sharp movement in the pound/buck... although these bets are incredibly correlated ... yet very often they go the exact opposite :) but that's not the point ... Many strategies (mine included) - will wobble around zero - if you work on one instrument ... If you pick a good portfolio - then together - profit / loss - will almost always give a total profit ...
The main thing is to pick a good portfolio... And you can work entirely by the bags (I'm simplifying of course)...
But I hope - you know what I mean...
The point is to diversify the losses... and covering the losses with profits... I mean, portfolio trading... To be honest - I don't know any other way to really make money in forex except with a portfolio...

This is purely my IMHO opinion... I am quite open to other opinions

lexandros >>:

не надо воспринимать тренды и корреляцию буквально... Не пробовали думать от противного? и вставать в рынок против толпы? на каждом движении всегда (ну почти всегда) есть коррекции... и эти коррекции бывают в течении сессии очень часто... бывают несильные, бывают и сильные.. даже такие, что похожи на разворот.

And what is the trend and correction in this case, i.e. what timeframes are we talking about?

Anything... Personally, I work by the hour. And I close every day. I.e. there is a trading session of the DC - it is from 0.0 hours to 0.0 hours. On the hourlies we look at how it is and what it is. I am not going to tell you the TS... We always work on corrections... Almost always after the Asian session there is a correction before the start of the European one.
And at the end of the European session, Europe always rolls back before the Penders... Then the Penders do whatever they want, but at the end of the day - almost always - there is a strong pullback... Look at history - see for yourself... This pattern almost always works... How you use it - it's up to everyone...
By the way - the same applies to futures
Reason: