[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 471

Cod:

1. Actually, in point 3, you only confirmed my thoughts.

2. Only if for me this "usefulness" of science is its weakness, for you it is the opposite.

3. That's basically it.

1. I wasn't going to deny your thoughts. As much as you'd like to.

2. You are looking for confrontation. And you're sucking up the odds for argument and flubbing. Even if you're not given any.

3. Exactly.

alsu:
Is there matter in nature? If there is, let's describe it. Well, if there isn't, then what are we talking about?
By the way, in modern science there is an opinion that matter is a type of organization of information, so its "speculativeness" appears quite natural, however, not preventing its real existence at all.

alsu:
Is there matter in nature? If there is, let's describe it. Well, if there isn't, then what are we talking about?

I don't know if there is or not. We can push it, break it, measure the fragments. No more than that. But the claim "the electron has a charge" strikes me as a strong fantasy.

Cod: :) You guys are funny.
I see. It's hard to be a pure humanist who can talk glibly about anthropocentrisms and voluntarisms, but doesn't know what they apply to and how they apply. I'm going to fall off, I don't want to look like a fool.

Cod:

I don't know if there is or not. Pushing, smashing, measuring out the shards we can. No more than that. But the claim "the electron has a charge" strikes me as a strong fantasy.
Charge is just a word. It in this case expresses a long phrase "some property, which is not mass or some other hitherto known to us, but allows in contrast to known properties to describe some peculiarities of electron's behavior". Exactly, and in no other way. Charge, like any other physical quantity, is a way of describing the behaviour of the electron.

Mathemat:
I see. It's hard to be a pure humanist who can talk glibly about anthropocentrisms and voluntarisms, but doesn't know what they apply to and how they apply. I'm going to fall off, I don't want to look like a fool.

As you wish. If you can lay it all out for yourself, then really, what's there to worry about. You can count, I have no doubt. And here to understand - such question in a science and does not stand.

alsu:
Charge is just a word. It in this case expresses a long phrase "some property which is not mass or any other hitherto known to us, but which, unlike the known properties, allows us to describe some peculiarities of the behaviour of the electron". Exactly, and in no other way. Charge, like any other physical quantity, is a way of describing the behaviour of the electron.

Behaviour of what, sorry?

Cod: But understanding - there is no such question in science.

Science modestly leaves this question to religion, philosophy and other humanities disciplines.

The purpose of science is merely to describe the behaviour of the world as accurately as possible on the basis of certain "axioms" and concepts that are considered atomic. No other way of "understanding" the world that allows its properties to be used practically has yet been devised.

Mathemat:
I see. It is difficult to be a pure humanitarian, who can speak glibly about anthropocentrisms and voluntarisms, but does not know where and how they apply. I'm going to fall off, I don't want to look like a fool.

and people with humanities or engineering education become philosophers at an older age. They start reading books and sometimes write articles for magazines.

For they have "it" accumulated. So they pour out their philosophy of life on a grand scale, taken from esoteric thoughts.

They foam at the mouth to prove their position, and torture those around them to nod in approval. Or force them to say 'OK, you win, you win'.

But as it is written in one clever book - all this is from the evil one.

Mathemat:

Science modestly gives this question to religion, philosophy and other humanities.

The purpose of science is merely to describe as accurately as possible the behaviour of the world on the basis of certain "axioms" and concepts that are considered atomic. No other way of "understanding" the world that allows its properties to be used practically has yet been devised.

Yes, Mathemat. I understand.

It's a pity you don't join the discussion... I guess you know better than I do that there's no way to find an answer here... Much less by fitting and testing on history :)

Reason: