[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 472

sergeev:

And people with humanities or engineering education become philosophers at an older age. They start reading books and sometimes write articles for magazines.

For they have "it" accumulated. So they pour out their philosophy of life on a grand scale, taken from esoteric thoughts.

They foam at the mouth to prove their position, and torture those around them to nod in approval. Or they're forced to say "OK, you win, you win".

But as it is written in one clever book - all this is from the evil one.

Come on. Personally, I don't expect approval, because I don't have a theory, I don't like "systems" in general, :) systems of representation as well. I just want to understand. Only by some time do you realize that if there is Truth, it is likely that it is not spoken in human words, but in the language of men with wolf-faces and shining eyes... and we are just making a run for it here.

sanyooooook:
), no, it's not, it's three letters, not three sounds.

So, will you do the female Tertium Orgauum? :))) I'm very curious :)

drknn:

So, what, you're going to give us a female Tertium Orgauum? :))) I'm very curious :)

it's like that, the second eye )), I gave an answer above, check it out

ZS: here.

A new task from the field of physics and not only ... Let's call it this: "The Crazy Piston Problem."

So, all (or almost) we know the structure of a piston internal combustion engine (diesel, carburetor, injector). The peculiarity of piston movement in cylinders is that in one engine, they always move with the same amplitude, i.e. the pistons pass a strictly defined distance in the cylinders. In addition, their speeds and directions of movement change according to quite specific patterns.

Let us imagine that the piston does not move in the cylinder with a constant, but with a random amplitude. The frequency of movement is also random. The direction of motion also varies chaotically.

The task is to draw a mechanism that is capable of converting the motion of such a 'crazy piston' into a motion with constant amplitude.

The first condition is that the conversion mechanism must be purely mechanical, i.e. the use of any energy conversion: electrical, magnetic, electromagnetic, hydraulic, electrostatic, pneumatic, etc. is not allowed. Pure mechanics and nothing more.

The second condition is that the mechanism must convert chaotic reciprocating motion into reciprocating motion with constant amplitude - with very high efficiency. The efficiency must exceed 50%.

So, the task is to 'invent' such a mechanical transducer, draw a diagram and explain its principle of operation.

Richie:

A new problem from the field of physics and not only ... Let's call it this: "The Crazy Piston Problem".

So, all (or almost) we know the structure of a piston internal combustion engine (diesel, carburetor, injector). The peculiarity of piston movement in cylinders is that in one engine, they always move with the same amplitude, i.e. the pistons pass a strictly defined distance in the cylinders. In addition, their speeds and directions of movement change according to quite specific patterns.

Let us imagine that the piston does not move in the cylinder with a constant, but with a random amplitude. The frequency of movement is also random. The direction of motion also varies chaotically.

The task is to draw a mechanism that is capable of converting the motion of such a 'crazy piston' into a motion with constant amplitude.

The first condition is that the conversion mechanism must be purely mechanical, i.e. the use of any energy conversion: electrical, magnetic, electromagnetic, hydraulic, electrostatic, pneumatic, etc. is not allowed. Pure mechanics and nothing more.

The second condition is that the mechanism must convert chaotic reciprocating motion into reciprocating motion with constant amplitude - with very high efficiency. The efficiency must exceed 50%.

So, the task is to "invent" such a mechanical transducer, draw a diagram and explain how it works.

You can come up with such bullshit sometimes.)

ZS: it would be easier to invent if you know what sets the piston in motion and where its energy goes afterwards.

ZZZY: although already, ratchet, flywheel (like a stabiliser)

sanyooooook: .... although already, ratchet, flywheel (like a stabiliser)
well, a ratchet - try it, it's not that easy.

Richie:
well, ratchet - try it, it's not that easy.

I get the impression that you work in some design bureau, and then you ask questions like guess what, and you have a project worth khe-khe-lion dollars on the subject, and here we are solving these projects for you.

Have you ever seen a ratchet?

Richie:

A new problem from physics and beyond... Let's call it this: "The Crazy Piston Problem."
. So, the task is to "invent" such a mechanical transducer, draw its diagram and explain its principle of operation.

What is there to invent?

Gear rack + Gear wheel with connecting rod.

"Everything has already been stolen before us" (c)
Reason: