Classical analysis 'doesn't work'? - page 9

Helen >>:

Параметры, кажется, не написали. Пара: фунтйена, ТФ-М30. По ценам открытия. По порядку: 0.1 / 26 / 26 / 0 / 0/ 10 / 20 / 1 / 1 / 9800 / 27400 / 1440. Депо - 10 000,0. ТП и СЛ указаны для пятизнака. Параметры секретных индикаторов не оптимизированы, взяты, в общем - то, "от балды".

Thank you for the EA. The code is simple. It is not correct to test by opening prices, because TP and SL are set. It should be done using all ticks. But TP and SL may not reach it, it will be closed by the signal.

6 parameters that can be optimised. If you dig around, you can find another 2 parameters that are hidden inside the code. Total: 8 parameters. That's too many. :(

kharko писал(а) >>

Thanks for the EA. the code is simple. It is not correct to test by opening prices, because TP and SL are set. It should be set by all ticks. But it may not reach TP and SL, it will close on the signal.

There are 6 optimizable parameters. If we explore around we can find 2 more parameters, which are hidden in the code. Total: 8 parameters. A lot. :(

1. Testing by all the ticks produces the same result. With such parameters it simply does not reach TP and SL, I see.

2. we can easily and harmlessly remove selectable prices (let's leave both of them - clones or any other) and mods (any of them, too). Initially, the EA was like that. TF for Ma can be excluded, too. Day.

Closing positions by the signal is possible if the Expert Advisor works around the clock. Otherwise, you need to set real TP and SL, because the signal can come when the EA is disabled. The 2 additional parameters that I mentioned are the levels for the indicator where the decision to open/close a position is made. It is possible to simplify the optimization process and leave it as it is and search for TP and SL parameters over all ticks.

That's understandable. The question is... Does this "classic" trick work in the EA, or not? :)

Sorry. :) Deleted my post as I've only now understood the point of the thread :(

Helen >>:

Это понятно. Вопрос в другом... Работает этот "классический" приём в советнике, чи ни? :)

I can tell you straight away, without optimisation - It works.

To avoid confusion about quotes - four or five digits - insert the following code:

int init()
  {
   if(Digits==3 || Digits==5)
   {
      TakeProfit*=10;
      StopLoss*=10;
   }

return(0);
  }

kharko писал(а) >>
The 2 additional parameters I was talking about are levels for the indicator. where the decision to open/close position is made.

But here... I may have optimised incorrectly, but I excluded these parameters. The parameter of the indicator itself is enough. It adjusts quite well to levels.

This EA has not been developed for trading but for adjusting parameters of different indicators. It is incomparable as a signal indicator for the head. Now it is being polished in my free time and there are results. Added the same, "classic" indicator... that doesn't work :)

kharko писал(а) >>

To avoid confusion about quotes - four or five digits - insert the following code:

OK. Thank you. Convenient, yes.

Helen писал(а) >>

This EA was not made for trading, but for picking parameters of different indicators. As an indicator for the head - peerless. It is now being polished in its free time and there are results. Added the same, "classic" indicator... that doesn't work :)

Remember what I wrote about earlier. You can't lose touch with the period being tested.

kharko писал(а) >>

Remember what I wrote about earlier. You can't lose touch with the period being tested.

It's not quite clear why it was mentioned in this context. Please, explain. I don't have any complaints about the performance of optimized indicators on all TFs. Or maybe you mean the Expert Advisor you are modifying?

Reason: