Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 237

leonid553:

===========================

I hope everyone will find it useful! Below are excerpts from a seasonal review (for December) that I wrote for Pantheon Finance:

----------------------------------------

For currency trading enthusiasts, I suggest today to evaluate the prospects of selling the Canadian-Swiss franc spread. For the forex version: SELL CADCHF
First, let's look at graphs of multiyear (5 and 15 year) average seasonal trends of spread 6CH3 - 6SH3 = 1^1, -

Closer to the end of the first decade of this month, it is noticeable that the demand for the Canadian dollar starts to noticeably yield the demand for the Swiss franc! And the spread line goes down until the last days of the year! (In other words, the CADCHF exchange rate goes down until December 31).
Let's try to find a detailed fundamental rationale for this seasonal pattern!
---------------------------------------
Canada is an oil producing country. Significant investment in the oil industry has turned the oil-bearing areas along the Athabasca River into a symbol of Canada's energy and commodity wealth. Oil potential represents one of the main driving forces behind Canada's economy! No wonder the Canadian dollar "follows" current commodity prices. In other words, based on historical correlations, when oil prices go up, the 6C futures rate for the Canadian dollar goes up as well.
In the next few weeks, a seasonal and fundamental decline in oil demand is expected. Weak U.S. economic growth, the threat of the fiscal cliff, as well as Saudi Arabia's announcements of higher oil production, are currently pushing commodity prices lower. The high level of oil inventories in the US and Northern Europe does not add to the optimism either. Accordingly, we also assume a lower demand for the Canadian national currency!
At the same time, European currencies received support as a result of the EU agreement on Greece, which has finally been reached. In addition, a recovery in the stock market has led to a lower demand for the Dollar, which in turn has "put pressure" on commodity prices!
Therefore, we assume that the demand for European currencies in the coming weeks will rise faster or fall slower than the demand for commodities (incl. the Canadian dollar)!
The current CADCHF situation is shown in the chart below:

Wait for the first signs of a downward reversal of the pair and assess the situation to sell the CADCHF (futures version SELL 6CH3 - BUY 6SH3 = 1:1). Hold short positions until the end of the twentieth of this month!

CADCHF is one currency pair, but what is the name of the second one? Or is there no second one?

========

CADCHF (Canadian-Franc) is one currency pair. There is no second one.

We either work as "single entry" to sell this pair or use pair futures entries SELL 6CH3 - BUY 6SH3 = 1:1.

faa1947, - For short-term Sell entries of CADCHF, you can use the indicator of price lines - on tf=m15,

we enter at the maximum of divergence of price lines at the moment of the beginning of the convergence (the triangle will turn to the right). Approximate entries and exits are shown with arrows.

Closing a position - strictly at the point of convergence of price lines, with any current result! Strictly!!!!!!!!

Interested in the topic of this thread, started digging from the beginning. I am interested in CFD for futures and CFDs in particular. In particular I am interested in CFD on futures. I'm interested in CFD and futures in particular.

mezolit:

Interested in the topic of this thread, started digging from the beginning. I am interested in CFD for futures and CFDs in particular. In particular I am interested in CFD on futures. My broker has only CL and NG.

Look at:

GrandCapital - they are trying to provide a lot of things for trading.

Exness, InstaForex - energy in the form of fuel oil, petrol, oil...

In general, the subject is discussed here. In MT4 - GrandCapital is the maximal number of instruments for now.

I have not worked with these brokerages yet.

====================

Seasonal outlook for commodities and the gasoline-oil spread in the third decade of this month:

http://www.profi-forex.org/birzhi/futures/petroleum/entry1008147817.html

Hello Leonid!

I came across this script by chance and found you. I keep trying to create a synthetic spread chart script. I looked all over the place, but I haven't found anything like that. I was beginning to wonder if it's even possible to create such a chart on MT4. Can you suggest something?

Hi!

A spread script? What's wrong with a regular spread indicator?

http://www.procapital.ru/showpost.php?p=813139&postcount=264 posts 248-249

http://www.procapital.ru/showpost.php?p=1040139&postcount=1914

http://www.procapital.ru/showpost.php?p=818555&postcount=275

leonid553:

Hi!

A spread script? What's wrong with a regular spread indicator?

Well, first of all, you cannot put another indicator on the spread indicator.

Secondly, unlike the indicator, we can observe reversal candlestick patterns on a regular chart. The meaning of the candlestick patterns on the spreads is in no way worse than on the regular charts.

Well, there are currency pairs in the foreign exchange market. Basically, they are the same spreads between currencies. I think if you build a complete candlestick chart of the spread between two commodities, new possibilities for tehanalysis will appear.

I've seen a spread indicator somewhere that displays a spread candlestick chart in the indicator window! I'll ask the guys on Skype tomorrow and post it here if I find it.

Fanat2012:

First of all, you can't put another indicator on the spread indicator.

Secondly, you can observe reversal candlestick patterns on a full-fledged chart, unlike an indicator. The meaning of candlestick patterns on spreads is no worse than on regular charts.

Well, there are currency pairs in the foreign exchange market. Basically, they are the same spreads between currencies. I think if you build a complete candlestick chart of the spread between two commodities, it opens new possibilities for tehanalysis.

Bullshit.

Here's the indicator:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9632

Reason: