Let's talk about something. - page 5

Gentlemen! There is nothing to catch here. This is relative to the second topic of the thread. Why?!

To say that I know everything about this topic, they won't believe me. To say that there is no money to be made here - they will not believe me, but they will try to check, and then, having leaked it, they will think that I was not telling the truth anyway, they just did something wrong..... That's how attractive the magic of numbers can be. F is as attractive as it is useless. Fibonacci numbers were invented by man. Are you human, HomoSapiens? Then you might as well come up with your own numbers, like "over the fence," for example. These numbers won't be any different from the well-known ones. Besides, they will work wherever your brain wants them to work. You'll find these Over the Fence and Over the Climbers everywhere! In the proportions of the human body, in the shape of flowers, clouds. You will begin to see that, the creators of the pyramid of Cheops acted in accordance with the great plan of EXTRAORDINARY, that is, of course, in direct connection with numbers of Crossroads.

I am not addressing the topicstarter. Not to the Old Ones (don't bother tapping on the keyboard). I am appealing to those who are trying to make sense of their short stay at the market. Advice number one: Don't come here! You will get brain eaten by forum keepers, and then, after you have read all sorts of near-Forex literature, all sorts of billywilliams and other Christopherrashke.

Fibonacci numbers are a very beautiful theory. Too bad the market has never read a single book on it.

If you really want to understand Fibonacci theory, write a research script based on say a 5% zigzag. Look at the bounce statistics. If you are not good at programming, then just buy the latest book by Larry Williams, a similar study is done there. The conclusions are simple - the Fibonacci levels do not differ from other levels. The price equally develops from these levels as from any other.

As for the Gan lines, Larry also writes very unambiguously. The concept of Ghana has become so widespread due to speculative pressure from the promoters and competent PR. The allegedly reduced knowledge of the Ghana theory inaccessible to ordinary people is utter nonsense. There is simply no such knowledge and they try to cover inconsistency of the idea with a veil of mystery and enigma. As a rule the acting skills of Ghanaian amateurs and fibonarians are also very high. They are masterful at making mysterious faces and speaking in reticent phrases with allusions to deep knowledge hidden from ordinary people.

C-4 >> :

As a rule, the acting skills of Ghanaian amateurs and Fibonarians are also at a very high level. They are very good at making cryptic faces and speaking in reticent phrases with allusions to profound knowledge hidden from ordinary people.

What do you suggest in return? Flip a coin?

But if price is bouncing back in equal probability from any lines, then why not just use FIBO lines of all those any lines?

Or of all any, - just the ones that are at least somewhat reasonable - fibo-gann-murray support/sopr lines, etc.

And if to sit at a monitor and mutter under a nose that here you will not earn, that all it is only " beautiful theories " and " it is not necessary to try here " etc.. Then you won't be able to make any money.

Rita >> :

What do you suggest in return? Flip a coin?

But if price is bouncing back in equal probability from any lines, then why not just use the FIBO lines of all those any lines?

joo is right about the human factor

I'll let you in on a big super secret... price is most often driven by round numbers because they are the most convenient for human idiots to use

yesterday's example is 1.42000

why - because people have five fingers on their hand, two hands add up to a dozen...

How to exploit this super technology - the Grid indicator (by Prival)

sab1uk >> :

joo is right about the human factor.

I'll let you in on a big super secret... the price is most often based on round numbers because it's convenient for human jerks to base their decisions on them

yesterday's example is 1.42000

why - because people have five fingers on their hand, two hands add up to a dozen...

How to exploit this super technology - the Grid indicator (by Prival)

You can check any round numbers. You can put a stop of 10-30 pips and a profit of 50-70 pips. Or a stop loss of 10 pips and a profit of 110. No matter what you do, the price will fluctuate near the round numbers, so that either the stop will hit or the profit will not reach it. I have checked it. Sometimes, of course, everything turns out very beautiful, but the price does it so spcially to please our eyes.

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

And rightly so.

It's not like I'm asking why I'm writing. :) And I am asking a rhetorical question in order to inform the speaker that it makes sense, in my opinion, to reconsider her point of view. Like I'm talking, too. :) And that's fine.

And I also asked - but in the name of what, for what, why interpolate? Apparently I'll get an answer eventually.

The answer is very simple. On the basis of interpolation I created my own trading system, on which I trade (without failures) from October 2007 on a real account (I hope - this way I "crawl" to the second "anniversary" in October 2009). I wrote only about what really works for me personally, rather than the "neighbour", which everyone is talking about - but no one has seen him ...

Proving and convincing - WHY and WHY - is as much a waste of time as "digging" into Fibonacci levels. He, like many other mathematicians, has been "sucked in" to this exchange, and like many others, has NOTHING to do with currency trading. It's just that this pure-water SPECULATION called FOREX - founders of the exchange - needed to put into a BEAUTIFUL picture of a CIVILIZED SCIENTIFIC PROCESS ... That's why ALL the GREAT ones have been dragged in.

About the advice to REVIEW my point of view. If my system really works, I'm not going to revise it just because it's not trendy and up-to-date. I personally need from Forex - only money in the form of profit. In this regard, I think that the fx market is not only a place to start, but also a place to start thinking about one's own business. It is clear. that WORK for theorists - it is not necessary, but only "to shine".

ballistika писал(а) >>

The answer is very simple.

From your extended response, I gather that you have some kind of system. And it is somehow cleverly built on interpolation.

But if you look again at my last question - about "why". I didn't get an answer to it. You just said that you have a system. Well, there is a system. This system works in real life. It even proves that your approach is correct. But unfortunately I could not understand from your answer why I should interpolate? I even tried to guess what you can do with interpolation, but failed to understand. You didn't even say what you were interpolating. If it's say minutes, it's possible to get a typo. And the need for interpolation doesn't seem to be necessary. If between ticks. I can't think of why at all.

It seemed to me, or you were a little excited when you wrote your post. You shouldn't be, I wasn't questioning anything. What's the point?

I should have just outlined what you can get through interpolation. I mean, the question still remains open to me. Why.

SProgrammer >> :

From your extended response, I gather that you have some kind of system. And it is somehow cleverly built on interpolation.

But if you look again at my last question - about "why". I didn't get an answer to it. You just said that you have a system. Well, there is a system. This system works for real. It even proves that your approach is correct. But unfortunately I could not understand from your answer why I should interpolate? I even tried to guess what you can do with interpolation, but failed to understand. You didn't even say what you were interpolating. If it's say minutes, it's possible to get a typo. And the need for interpolation doesn't seem to be necessary. If between ticks. I can't think of why at all.

It seemed to me, or you were a little excited when you wrote your post. You shouldn't be, I wasn't questioning anything. What's the point?

I should have just outlined what you can get through interpolation. I mean, the question still remains open to me. Why.

Ballistika probably meant extrapolation, not interpolation. Although, the two together have another "mysterious" effect.

OK, gentlemen. I will once again detail the answer, which I wrote earlier, but then deleted (I was told "Why are you showing off here, give a link and all").

By definition, Interpolation is a method of finding intermediate values of a quantity over an available discrete set of known values.

In forex, a VOLUME is a PRICE, and a FUNCTION is a graph of PRICE MOTION.

Those who deal with scientific and engineering calculations often have to operate with sets of values obtained experimentally or by random sampling. As a rule, they want to construct a function based on these sets into which the other obtained values of the value can fall with high accuracy. Such a task is called a curve approximation (graph of price movement). Interpolation is a type of approximation, when the curve of the constructed function passes exactly through the available data points.

There is also a close approximation to interpolation, which is to approximate a complex function by another, simpler function. If a function is too complex to be calculated efficiently(in exchange it is current quotes with their noises), we can try to calculate its value in several points, and then use them to plot a simpler function.

I did it by decomposing price movement into WAVE (end function with BEGINNING and END) and break it (WAVE) into PULSE (each PULSE start and finish are TIME values of price, through which the function (price chart) ALWAYS passes.

. In details (with pictures and calculations) about it is written on my site, which address is in my "signature", if you look through my "PROFILE" by clicking on my "NICK".

What else can I add?

ballistika >> :

It's just that this PURPLE WATER SPECULATION called FOREX - the founders of the Stock Exchange - needed to shove it into the BEAUTIFUL OVERVIEW of a CIVILIZED SCIENTIFIC PROCESS.... So that's what ALL THE GREAT ones have been dragged in.

Material from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A stock exchange is a legal entity providing regular operation of an organized market for goods, currencies, securities and derivative financial instruments. According to the Brockhaus and Efron encyclopedia, a stock exchange is a place or building where at certain hours trade people and intermediaries, stockbrokers gather to conclude deals for securities or commodities.

could you tell me the address or at least the city where the building is located?

it would also be interesting to know the names of the founders of the company.

There he is, the bearded villain who founded Forex.

Reason: