Let's talk about something.

Since this is a FORUM. So let's agree on a topic that would be of mutual interest to most people and discuss it.

Let's agree on a topic first.

I haven't been following the news lately - I've been only trading and programming, so I don't know the news. Therefore I propose, who met on the net something new, and maybe even quite controversial - let's discuss it.

Well, if there are no suggestions for new topics, I suggest - let's discuss the topic.

1) What is the probability theory? Reasons for its emergence. And the classification and generalisation of its fields of application.

2) Fibonacci numbers - no mystique.

These are the two topics - In the first one I think there is no discussion. But for the consideration of the second, it would be useful. Why? Just imagine that you launch a spaceship in the form of a coin, on the moon, but the exit hatch is only on one side of it. You launch it from a special catapult like this. And that, too, is 50-50. And many people think that the theory of probability is needed to predict the results of incalculable problems. But it is not! It is possible to calculate EVERYTHING - and probability theory simply makes calculations with a given accuracy.

And the second topic is that our world is three dimensional, and the ratio of the length of a circle to its radii is PI. the sum of the angles in a triangle is a constant. In a right triangle, the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of... And if to imagine all set of numbers which can be received from some constants acting in some area, a part from them appears as numbers Ф. Again there is no mysticism - again all can be calculated, but there are numbers Ф, it is possible and to not count, if the special accuracy is not necessary.

But from here the conclusion - where is the accuracy, which is enough for forex, and where is the way to increase it?

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

And the second theme is that our world is three-dimensional, and the ratio of the length of a circle to its radius is PI.

It's like 2*PI.

Vinin >> :

It seems to be 2*PI.

Yeah, I guess so...

SProgrammer >> :

Since this is a forum. So let's agree on a topic that would be of mutual interest to the majority and discuss it.

Let's agree on the subject first.

"You ought to get married, sir."

timbo писал(а) >>

"You should get married, sir."

Exactly! :-)))

I wanted to talk about Fibonacci numbers. The subject is very much on my mind. According to the theory, these numbers should be found everywhere in nature, as far as I understand. Is Forex a nature? Forex is the territory where the laws of Fibo numbers work? In general, I have not studied anything in this field. I did not have time and did not have a chance to study it, but I have it in my head and it does not come out.

There is a science as old as mammoth - sacred geometry.

Drunvalo MelchizedekThe Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life.

It can be found on this website. Clears up the questions in a heartbeat. Especially the Fibo part. :)

About the numbers and theorist - how much is 12/7 = ? assuming a destatic system ?

According to theorver - it will be 2, according to phoebe it will be 1.7 or also 2, not the point.

This is what it is. Under theorver it is still possible to calculate with a given accuracy. Well if you choose "degree/level of unimportance" at the level of say 3 digits. That would be 1.714.

And in fact - it is necessary not to calculate - and just take it as it is - 12 / 7 is the number is. :)

British investors blame Greenspan for financial crisis

Alan Greenspan, Bill Clinton and Gordon Brown, heads of British investment funds surveyed by Evolution Securities placed the blame for the global financial crisis in that order.

The former head of the Federal Reserve System /Federal Reserve/ in office from 1987 to 2006 received the most "black" balls. 35% of respondents are convinced that it was Greenspan's long-standing policy of low discount rates that contributed to the credit boom and then the collapse of global financial markets.

The former U.S. president was defined as a "scapegoat" by 10% of British investors. The current prime minister, G. Browne, also received many votes.

Former manager of the British Royal Bank of Scotland Fred Goodwin and Richard Fuld, head of the American investment bank Lehman Brothers, whose bankruptcy last September set off a chain reaction in the world financial markets, were also included in the first "ten".

Even Adam Smith, one of the "fathers" of political economy and the creator of liberal economic theory, as well as the legendary Greek king Midas, who turned everything he touched into gold, got in trouble from angry investors.

Conducting the survey, Gary Jenkins, who heads the research service Evolution Securities,is convinced that Microsoft founder Bill Gates must also bear some of the blame for the crisis. It was his company, according to Jenkins, that developed technology, including spreadsheets and software, which made it easy to create and sell financial derivatives, not the least of which played a role in igniting the crisis.

Source: PRIME-TASS

timbo >> :

"You should get married, sir."

I wonder what you imagine her to be like.

I'd rather have her here torturing everybody.

I was wondering. There is an opinion that traders do not apply Fibonacci theory correctly. They take levels or peaks, divide and multiply them, etc. I do not know what traders do with 0.68 and 0.38 numbers, but it is considered that they should take into account the time when price reaches a certain number. That combined with the time you can determine the exact point of the price movement. After all, Fibo numbers are also taken from the rectangle with the width and length. Traders use only the length and not the width. That is, they use price changes and leave time out. Something like that. I don't even know the essence of these Fibo numbers myself, so I don't understand much.
Reason: