I'll buy a councilor - page 7

Reshetov:
You just need to know where the lantern is and then you won't have a problem.

As usual, it's outside the pharmacy.

Svinotavr:
Does the "prescription" always work? Or do the stops work sometimes?
And why is a stop worse than a limit to you?

sand:

As usual, on the street, outside the pharmacy.
It's different for everyone. Some have it under their eyes and I have it outside my window, although there is no pharmacy there.

abolk:

An incomprehensible set of requirements:

I know that most people are incapable of understanding and accepting the Truth. And many are so dependent on the System that they will continue to prove it right despite all arguments. But that's more their problem than mine.

Abolk:

1. At a minimum, each instrument has a different spread and different volatility. Therefore trading systems that impose requirements on instruments and limit the set of instruments is normal

Not normal. The concept of volatility seems to exist only in financial markets, I have not heard it anywhere else, although similar charts exist in many different areas. This fact alone should be thought-provoking. In any case, volatility has nothing to do with developing a good trading system. And profits comparable to the spread in the "highest-yielding market in the world" please don't make me laugh.

Abolk:

2. At a minimum, the smaller the timeframe - the more noise - there is short term trading, there is long term. So a timeframe restriction is natural.

I don't want to repeat the worn-out phrase that there is no noise in the market (unless you count the utterances of some "professionals" as noise), but I don't know how else to explain it. Look at the chart of Н4. You can clearly see the so-called "noise" there. Select the timeframe and look at this "noise" on M5. You will see that this "noise" has some meaningful structure, so it is obviously not noise. There is no noise, there is a lack of sampling rate.

abolk:

3) There are trend-following strategies and there are flat-following strategies. And it's ok to cut both on the trend and the flat. The main thing that the trading system distinguishes between trend and flat to the necessary extent.

Can you give me an example of such a strategy? I haven't seen one yet.

abolk:

4. At least every trading session is active and volatile. Therefore the choice of time interval is normal.

Reducing activity should proportionally reduce the profitability of the strategy, but not make it unworkable.

abolk:

5. Even if the ratio of profitable to unprofitable is 1 to 1, it does not indicate that the strategy is unprofitable.

He doesn't. But my life is not endless and I don't have time to do nonsense.

abolk:

6. There are strategies that focus on earnings from spread returns.

Boo-ha-ha!!! Sorry, can't comment on that as I'm padztalom rjinimagu.

abolk:

7. On the prohibition on using a tester to assess the suitability of a strategy for use and identify its bottlenecks - not clear to me.

A good strategy is based on patterns. The word "pattern" comes from the word "law". The law is clear to the hedgehog and does not require such silly corroboration.

AlexeyFX:

A good strategy is based on patterns. The word "pattern" comes from the word "law". The law is clear to the hedgehog and does not require such silly corroboration.

Laws are invented to be broken. The most important thing is that the prosecutor does not find out about it.

Reshetov:
Laws are made to be broken

At these words I imagine you, Yuri, cutting a pig in the main mosque in Tashkent.

sand:

At these words I imagine you, Yuri, cutting up a pig in the main mosque in Tashkent.
The pig has done me no harm, I pity it. But to slaughter an armed man in a trench is quite another matter, if you know how to do it, otherwise you yourself will be slaughtered.

paukas:
How is a stop worse than a limit?

I don't understand you, Vladimir. The price rolled back, the limit triggered, in most cases the price reaches the trend peak, but in a small number of cases it does not. I used to do it myself. I know very well how it works with fixed TP and SL. But, what else do we need in limiters? Can you elaborate on that?

Svinotavr:

I don't understand you, Vladimir. The price rolled back, the limit triggered, in most cases the price reaches the trend peak, but in a small number of cases it does not. That's how I myself have been working. I know very well how it works with fixed TP and SL. But, what else do we need in limiters? Can you elaborate.

I don't understand a thing, so I can't explain.

Svinotavr:

Most of the time the price reaches the peak of the trend, but in a small number of cases it does not

How can the price not reach the peak of the trend? Please try to substantiate your own nonsense in more detail. Start by defining what you call a peak trend.
Reason: