pricing - page 10

BARS >> :

Ahem, where did you see turnover there?

WHERE ?

P.s. maybe I'll make a discovery for you:

1. There is no forex. ( estimating the volume is not realistic ).

2. Swaps are never taken on real assets without margin ) they are taken on swap contracts ... which were conceived in the US. The bank cannot have them below reserve (like 2%). At the time of reporting. The swaps show up, the bank lends another bank XXXX$ at Y% per day. And everyone is happy, banks take credit deficiencies for 1n 2 days, reporting - dough returned))

Well, there you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forex

As such, it has been referred to as the market closest to the ideal perfect competition, without regard to market manipulation by central banks. According to the Bank for International Settlements,[2] average daily turnover in global foreign exchange markets is estimated at $3.98 trillion. Trading in the world's main financial markets accounted for $3.21 trillion of this. This approximately $3.21 trillion in main foreign exchange market turnover was broken down as follows:

Of the $3.98 trillion daily global turnover, trading in London accounted for around $1.36 trillion, or 34.1% of the total, making London by far the global centre for foreign exchange. In second and third places respectively, trading in New York accounted for 16.6 %, and Tokyo accounted for 6.0 %.[4] In addition to "traditional" turnover, $2.1 trillion was traded in derivatives.

Everything else in your post I just didn't understand.

I read for a long time, trying to absorb it. I only understood one thing:

"Citizens! Surrender your currency!" :)

RomanIgorevi4 >> :

Right you are, you just asked about the pairs to catch it on, so I thought you wanted to try to arbitrage, I wanted to warn you.

>> I do and I will! =)

wise >> :

Hint at least which pairs (preferably from the majors) to watch in the first place. =)

This broker has changed the feed considerably, so arbitrage happens much less often.

Universal arbitrage monitoring - 300 lines of code in MQL4. The task is not difficult.

mql4com >> :

On this brokerage house the feed has been changed considerably, so arbitrage happens much less often.

Universal arbitrage monitoring - 300 lines of code in MQL4. The task is simple.

>> Oh, I see. Since I did write the monitoring and saw that there was nothing to catch. So I wondered where the promised hundreds of times a day. =)

I am adding another book:

Suren Liselotte "Currency operations. Fundamentals of Theory and Practice" 1998. 176 p. translation from German.

Although EVERYTHING in this book is true (the author is a real trader and now an expert on the organisation of this market), it is somewhat one-sided: it shows the trader side of things (short-term prices) and only hints at how price is determined in general, over a longer period.

Here's another article on the past successes of the big banks:

http://www.euromoney.com/Article/1009386/Category/0/ChannelPage/3301/Euromoney-FX-poll-2003-UBS-finds-the-secret-of-success.html

Of course, all big banks always have a time advantage over their customers. So what? These banks trade with each other. And each has the same cunning pool of traders with a whole room of computer-servers FOR each big trader.

Here's the world's largest UBS trading centre in Connecticut - where all the world's hedge funds are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:StamfordCTUBSNorthAmericanHQ11112007.jpg

Do you really think that some bank saves on servers? Servers or special processors are no problem.

I thought that someone wants or not, but everyone on Earth plays Forex, everyone uses one currency or another)) The euro dropped and your long position of 1000 euros on a submarine deposit becomes unprofitable))

The question of questions in trading is "why does price move"?

A related question is "why does price move LIMITEDLY, in a certain channel"? Why doesn't it skyrocket and fall to zero? What constrains it from above and what (OTHER) constrains it from below? Without answers to these questions, I believe it is impossible to build a true model of the observed process.

Although the price charts seem to be similar for different securities or currencies, the scale of quotes is different and the history of the same quotes is different. Therefore, despite appearances of similarity, it is hardly possible to build a "universal model" of pricing - without taking into account exactly how each particular security is trading.

So what is the answer to these questions ?

And the other is whether this answer can be used in the construction of the model ?

We'll put the universality aside for now. We need to figure out the answer for at least one currency.

Reason: