News: 5th digit in quotes - page 3

There's nothing wrong with the 5th digit, when you actively trade, it's only an inconvenience for 2-3 weeks at the most, then you get used to it. My broker has had 5 digits for half a year already, at first it was uncomfortable, but I got used to it after a couple of weeks.

To zxc: I always open without any slippage i.e. 0 pips, requotes I get 1 for 8-10 trades, usually 1-2 requotes, max 3. The requotes will not depend on the signs but on the broker you work with.

StSpirit >> :

There's nothing wrong with the 5th digit, when you actively trade, it's an inconvenience for 2-3 weeks at the most, then you get used to it. My broker has had 5 digits for half a year already, at first it was uncomfortable, but I got used to it after a couple of weeks.

To zxc: I always open without any slippage i.e. 0 pips, requotes I get 1 for 8-10 trades, usually 1-2 requotes, max 3. Re-Quotes will not depend on the signs but on the broker that you work with.

>> about the requotes, that's right.

It must be assumed that the volume of tick data will increase several times and, consequently, the traffic. And the number of characters on the charts remains the same, so will the indicators still work?

Indicators still work, but there may be inaccuracies in some, it depends on how the indicator is written.

As for the number of digits on the charts, that's a matter of opinion...

The volume of tick data is indeed increasing, I don't know about the traffic, I have not checked it, but the testing of Expert Advisors by all ticks will definitely slow down. :))

What is the limit when a dealer is obliged to at least listen to customer opinion?

10, 20, 50 or 51%?

What is the reason for dividing customers into two camps, FOR and AGAINST?

%)

There is absolutely no vital reason for forcing a change in historical methods.

Tribute to fashion? Well, this is a direct way to divide the clients, because as we know from the same life practice, fashion

is both exalted to the sky and brought below the plinth, and at the same time...

Get used to it, you say...

I've tried it, I'm trying it, I'll try it once or twice or three more times.

But I can see I'm not going to accept this five-figure, and here's why:

- if the more difficult to get used to rollover and it's already almost consciously accepted,

and all that's left to do is teach myself to remember the "peculiarities" of the rollover.

the five-character, by the way, in terms of "getting used to it" in more than three times (as compared to the rollover) as I'm trying to...

I can't do it, despite the fact that there's only a moment and a half there, the fifth digit and the stops\spreads x10

Alas, but apparently it's going to be a five digit hollywar. )))

I think the boundary is where the loss of a certain volume of clients, depending on their depo, frequency of transactions (spread feeding) and perhaps some other ranking, becomes largely disadvantageous to the dealing. This degree of disadvantage varies from dealer to dealer.

I belong neither to the 'FOR' camp, nor to the 'AGAINST' camp, I would probably refer to the 'FATHER' camp, even if they make ten digits (as long as the TC's MO is not decreased), but the point value will become 'nano' in this case :))). At the beginning I did not like autoscaled grid MT, well I did not managed somehow to calculate targets or stops by it manually, I have come to the idea that every significant fluctuation is calculated by indicators, and they can set any number of characters, but now I got used to 5, now I can do it by eye too, so I left only one (swing range in the visible window, it is enough for me).

(Although, at first I swore at the five digits, but have decided to take it easy. ))

kombat писал(а) >>

What reason is there to force a change in history so casually... There is absolutely no vital reason for forcing a change in historically

of historical methods is absolutely nonexistent. Tribute to fashion? ...

Why doesn't anyone want to listen? We must look for those who benefit or need it. In what consists this (pozm. tech.) extreme - there is an answer.

PS1: Although psychologically it is of course difficult to get used to, for example, that you're 1300 pips out of the market ))

PS2: I can imagine a disclaimer in the discussion: " - Earned 350 non-denominated points ! ..." hilarious ))))

In fact... it's always right to look for an answer from the perspective of -- WHO WILL benefit from it.

You did the right thing. A very smart and beautiful move. They should have had a floating spread and a 5 mark a long time ago. If those who criticize it think about why and why it is done, they will understand. Only we should not look from our side, but from the side of brokerage companies. They have to survive.

And the fact that the tick traffic will increase, it is good. There will be fewer holes. Traders will also benefit from it.

All well and good, but the spread can be made with any precision without changing the quote's digit capacity (remember swaps).
The reason is different, most likely smoother "DC filters" were needed.
Reason: