Questions from Dummies. - page 7

Noterday >> :

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, 1); // this line means you will draw the Arrow symbol

SetIndexArrow(0, 170); // and this line means that you're assigning this arrow a specific icon from the wingdings table

I understand all icons in it, but how to make arrows be drawn in indicator window (not on a chart). Maybe there is a template from existing indicator ?

Inka_Gni_Tu >> :

..how to make the arrows appear in the indicator window (not on the chart)...

Arrows as well as other indicator buffers will be drawn in that window where indicator is installed and in no other way.

If you want to draw arrows in another window, use graphical objects(ObjectCreate) with a direct indication of the necessary window instead of indicator buffers.

Inka_Gni_Tu >> :

...how to make the arrows be drawn in the indicator window (and not on the chart). Maybe there is a template from existing indicator ?

Aah) If I understand correctly, you can do this:

#property indicator_separate_window

// indicator is drawn in a separate window

by adding this term in the code ( not in the init, start, deinit functions). If you change it to chart, it will be drawn on the chart. Chart seems to be always defaulted to....

Hello!

I've been searching for a way to "automate" the indication of a window for an indicator in a separate...

If for the main window not a problem, 0, then for a separate window simply specifying for example 1 does not really work.

For this window may be the tenth...

ObjectCreate("OC",OBJ_TREND,НОМЕР_ОКНА,vrem,O,vrem,C);

Who can tell me how to pull the value of a custom indicator (I have slightly converted the MACD) from a specific timeframe? Let's say I wrote the value of the i-th column of a 5 minute chart into a variable. Can you give me a hint please!!!!

kombat >> :

Hello!

I've been searching for a way to "automate" the indication of a window for an indicator in a separate...

If for the main window not a problem, 0, then for a separate window simply specifying for example 1 does not really work.

The window may be the tenth...

WindowFind() at start does not work?

In the strategy tester, you can test the Expert Advisor on one instrument (as if on one account with a specified amount), but how can you test it on 2 or 3 instruments simultaneously, as if tied to one account?

PNG >> :
... how can his EA be tested on 2 or 3 instruments at the same time as if tied to one account?

You can't do it with internal tools, there are some home-made methods, but they are not easy to use.

They promise to make a multicurrency tester in MT4.

Can I open two Metatrader accounts on two different computers and work on one account (one is used to run EAs, the other is used to work with my hands, I access the Internet via a router)?

What does the Strategy Tester log mean, after I ran a strategy test?

2009.04.24 23:16:17 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 291 at 2009.03.27 01:45 exceeded)

PNG >> :

Can I open two Metatrader accounts on two different PCs and work on one account (on one I work with Expert Advisors, on another I work with my hands, I access to the Internet through my router)?

You could, but why go to all that trouble: multiple computers, routers... ???

And up to 15 terminals can get along on one PC without any problems.

And the question is pertinent: what are the difficulties of working on one account from 1 terminal,

What makes you do this if it is not a military secret?

Reason: