[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 809

gogibob:
Can I use the "three screens of Elder" method in my Expert Advisor? If it is possible, how?)

Can I? - can.

How? - for the money

webgreck:

Is there any way to determine if the EA is currently running in test mode and the "open price" model is selected?

I only know how to find out that I am in testing mode using the function : IsTesting()

I do not know how to identify whether the "open prices" model is selected or not.

it is not the implementation of this task that is much more interesting, but why it is needed in principle.

Please advise, I am using iHi and iLow from D1. I am running the Expert Advisor on D1 - one result, on H4 - another one. How it may be, because the iHi and iLow values do not change.

And if on H1 it is more profitable than on D1, on what TF should I place it?

T-G:

Please advise, I am using iHi and iLow from D1. I am running the Expert Advisor on D1 - one result, on H4 - another one. How it may be, because the iHi and iLow values do not change.

I can tell you, but you will lose your money if you find out, start trading on the real account and lose it, so it's better not to know about it at all.

vasya_vasya:
I think it is possible to tell you, but you will lose money if you find out, start trading on the real market and lose it, so it is better not to know this at all for now.

You may tell them, but if you find out, you may start to trade for real, so it is better not to tell them yet.)

I think it is possible to explain, but only to warn that it will leak.

vasya_vasya:
Much more interesting is not the implementation of this task, but why it is needed in principle.

I need it, believe me ) for what ... It takes a long time to explain.

In principle it is possible to put a checkbox in the parameters in which to mark that the test by opening prices. But I asked if there are any functions for this ... not to get fancy.

webgreck:

I need it, believe me ) for what ... It takes a long time to explain.

In principle it is possible to put a checkbox in the parameters in which to mark that the test by opening prices. But I asked if there are any functions for this ... so as not to engage in shamanism.

There are no such functions.

But it can be calculated. If one tick is received per candle, the Expert Advisor is in " Open prices" mode.

Gentlemen, what's the bottom line?

vasya_vasya:
You can tell them, but you will lose money if you do, you will start to trade and you will lose it, so it's better not to know about it at all.
Vasya, Vasya... Are you in the wrong branch? The beginners are asking for an answer and expecting a good answer, not a nudge into what they need to know or do not need to know now ... Now or later... Doesn't matter - a person can know a lot more about something else than you do and still not be poking "bugs" with their nose, telling them what they should know now and what is too early... That's one.
Two, what any money can order (about the question on the three Elder screens), a person without your silly answers can guess. He is asking for help, not your statements. The question was asked correctly enough - you can answer in the same way, or clarify. Or address it to him in private, instead of showing your own mercantilism to the public.
IMHO - no offence, connoisseur Vasya... :)

T-G:

show me how you use the ilow function
Reason: