[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 758

artmedia70:
You are comparing the numbers of the sub-windows in which the objects are drawn. If in one, the function ObjectFind(); returns this window number and it will be the same for the two compared values. Thus you are comparing window numbers. And most likely the same window with itself...
Got it(

Colleagues, a question.

When testing an EA, checking if the indicator works correctly, we can often use the Alert() function

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but, as time goes by, the Alert() output field starts to contain a lot of "mess" (old data, I mean)

and it's visually cluttered...

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it possible to clear the Alert(() output field from the old records on a new indicator start?

Many thanks in advance.

artmedia70:
Numbers for what? Can you be more specific?

The numbers are taken from other indicators :)

How do you read them from the conversion - comparison window?

Abzasc:

How do I read them from the conversion - comparison window?

From the window is unlikely... Read out from the indication unit.

artmedia70:
Unlikely from the window... Read from the indicator.
You can't read arrays of another indicator from the indicator, you can't declare them as global... through global variables - it's too much... You may have to write it in a file.

Morzh09:

Colleagues, a question.

You can't clear the Alert window by software, only overloading the terminal itself will help.

Usually the problem is solved by adding a separator to the init and deinit something like this:

Alert("------------------|START|------------------");    //в инит

Alert("------------------|END|------------------");      //в деинит
To avoid confusing the data.

Abzasc:

How do I read them from the conversion - comparison window?

It's quite simple.
The general principle: you loop through the necessary objects(OBJ_TEXT and/orOBJ_LABEL) and read their text values using the ObjectDescription() function.
And then reformat using StrToDouble().

Abzasc:
You can't read arrays of another indicator from an indicator, and you can't declare them as global... through global variables - that's a lot... You may have to write it in a file.
How do you want to test it? I don't think that exchange of data through a file will help in testing and optimization.

ToLik_SRGV:

Everything is simple enough.
The general principle is to run through the required objects(OBJ_TEXT or/andOBJ_LABEL) in the loop and read their text values using ObjectDescription().
And then reformat using StrToDouble().

Well, where were my eyes :( Thanks :)

artmedia70:
And how will you test it? I do not think that data exchange via a file will help in testing and optimization.

It's a multi-currency thing, I'll have to screw it up with the testing anyway, straight to the demo :) if I break it, of course.

Actually, that's why everything is done through the chart - to see where we are going :)

Reason: