[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 24

Can't you just set up a demo account with your broker? When you download quotes, everything will be downloaded from that broker. Or am I wrong?

EvgeTrofi >> :

Can't you just set up a demo account with your broker? When you download quotes, everything will be downloaded from that broker. Or I am mistaken?

Yes, by pressing Home, PageUp, PageDown or by KeyHome script.

Minutes the server gives no more than 2 months, older TFs are deeper.

goldtrader >> :

Yes, by pressing Home, PageUp, PageDown or by KeyHome script.

Minutes server gives no more than 2 months, older TF deeper.

Nothing helps. Couldn't find a script at all. And who cares what the score is...

zfs писал(а) >>

Nothing helps. I couldn't find a script at all. And what difference does it make what account...

'ZZ_All Quotings 0-0090' there is a script like this, but I think some brokers have put protection against such scripts.... The 'Key_Home' script is just a software emulation of pressing the appropriate key. I think there was one in CodeBase as well.

Quotes from different brokers are stored in different directories, HC quotes can be uploaded for any broker. The account matters because when you connect to a demo account the quotes are from the demo account, when you connect to a real account they are from the real server. Sometimes the difference is significant. TF does matter because the server keeps or gives a limited number of bars, the older the TF the deeper the history will be available for the same number of bars.

I hope I helped.)

Hi all! Do you know if there are EAs that are not based on indicators, but, for example, only on the basis of candlestick analysis? Like: A candlestick shows a "cloud veil" - a signal to sell?

Valun >> :

Hi all! Do you know if there are EAs that are not based on indicators, but, for example, only on the basis of candlestick analysis? Like: a candlestick shows a "cloud veil" - a signal to sell?

I see no reason why such EAs cannot exist.

How can a fixed chart scale be set programmatically ?

For me this is already becoming an "eternal song about the main thing"...

Today I was testing my Trailing Stop on a demo. I put the Expert Advisor to trade several currency pairs and safely went about my business. After a while I noticed that the stop loss was 3 times further than it was set when I opened the order. I thought what miracles happened. I checked the code thoroughly and did not see any error. I started to monitor it. It turned out that my trailing stop loss started to move in all directions along with the price, in and out. I looked at the code again; there is simply no possibility for the EA to move a stop loss backwards. Disabled the EA at all, thought it over, put it back on the same currency pair. The result - everything works as it should. However, even without having started the EA, when I set an order with a stop loss on another currency pair, everything starts from the beginning.

As I see the problem, the OrderStopLoss() when comparing takes a stop loss of another order on another currency pair and the condition always becomes true. How this problem can be solved?

The trawl code itself:

RefreshRates();
      if ( Tip==0 && NormalizeDouble(Bid, Digits)> NormalizeDouble(OrderStopLoss()+ TrailingStop*Point, Digits))
       {
        OrderModify( Ticket, OrderOpenPrice(), Bid- TrailingStop*Point, OrderTakeProfit(), 0);
       }
     RefreshRates();
      if ( Tip==1 && NormalizeDouble(Ask, Digits)< NormalizeDouble(OrderStopLoss()- TrailingStop*Point, Digits))
       {
        OrderModify( Ticket, OrderOpenPrice(), Ask+ TrailingStop*Point, OrderTakeProfit(), 0);
       }

Figar0 >> :

ZZ_All Quotings 0-0090' there is such a script, but I think some brokers have put protection against such scripts.... The 'Key_Home' script is just a software emulation of the corresponding key press. I think there was one in CodeBase as well.

Quotes from different brokers are stored in different directories, HC quotes can be uploaded for any broker. The account matters because when you connect to a demo account the quotes are from the demo account, when you connect to a real account they are from the real server. Sometimes the difference is significant. TF does matter because the server keeps or gives a limited number of bars, the older the TF the deeper the history will be available for the same number of bars.

I hope I've helped.)

Thanks, it's a good thing... but the error won't go away...

Hello code lovers and freeloaders.

I have such a question. I have written a small Expert Advisor and ran it on a test, but it turned out that MTS made too many false trades. I have started to simplify it to understand the essence of the problem. I have come to the point where there is only one condition to open just one order. It would seem what could be easier, just launch it and look at your only order over the entire history and rejoice. But as practice shows, the orders turned out to be more than a hundred. :( And it's not the entire history that is engaged, but only an obscure part in the middle. Question: Why?

I've heard somewhere on forums that this glitch may be caused by uncleared cache or something like that. That is MT4 does not clear its own tail and then at next tests it focuses on its own unsmudged rubbish. Is it so? And how to fight it?

Perhaps, I must clarify here that I started writing MTS a while ago and the previous releases didn't cause such problems. Perhaps, this glitch occurred because the computer was disconnected while I was working, because the program was not completed correctly. HES? :)

Reason: