[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 677

I have a question for anyone who knows - I happen to have two MT4 terminals. When I test my code on one terminal, the results are the same, but when I test it on the other, the results are completely different (that is, at all!)! Both testing dates and parameters in the code are the same...

Maybe my tester is glitchy? What readings can be trusted at all??? Please explain briefly the essence of all these optimizations (on the balance, profit, etc.) which can be set before the test.

Thank you!

Lim1:

I have a question for anyone who knows - I happen to have two MT4 terminals. When I test my code on one terminal, the results are the same, but when I test it on the other, the results are completely different (that is, at all!)! Both testing dates and parameters in the code are the same...

Maybe my tester is glitchy? What readings can be trusted at all??? Please explain briefly the essence of all these optimizations (on the balance, profit, etc.) that can be set before the test.

Thank you!

The first question arises: what is the situation with the quotes? Is the history of quotes all downloaded on the instruments being tested, and on both terminals?

I would like to hear from anyone who can. I have an idea to write an indicator, but I don't have much experience so far. I have an indicator (I posted it), its essence is based on Stochastic, it draws stochastic lines of different periods in one window, and based on these lines draws one main signal line. I like this idea, but I don't use the indicator, I think it has many false signals. So my question is, is it possible to write an indicator using this idea, but based on RSI, i.e., instead of stochastic it should be the same indicator, but with RSI. If it is possible, please help. I have a lot of experience in this field and I am very happy to help.
Files:
stochas.mq4  5 kb

artmedia70:
The first question arises - what is the situation with quotes? Has the entire history of quotes been downloaded for the instruments being tested on both terminals?

Indeed - on the second terminal, the quotes are uploaded a month later than on the first.

-----------------------

Why is it that several tests on the same terminal without changing parameters produce different results (I have up to 4). I am fine with quotes loading.

Thank you!

gordeef

Something similar, I saw in a local code base (Code Base). It builds a chart with 8 stochastics in one window. Sorry, I cannot say the name, I do not remember the name.

Lim1:

gordeef

Something similar, I have seen in a local code base (Code Base). Builds a chart with 8 stochastics in one window. Sorry, I can't tell you the name - can't remember.

Thanks of course, but I have seen it in the local database, but the point is that I need an indicator based on RSI, not on stochastics.

gordeef:
I would like to hear from anyone who can. I have an idea to write an indicator, but I don't have much experience yet. I have an indicator (I posted it), its essence is based on Stochastic, it draws stochastic lines of different periods in one window, and based on these lines draws one main signal line. I like this idea, but I don't use the indicator, I think it has many false signals. So my question is, is it possible to write an indicator using this idea, but based on RSI, i.e., instead of stochastic it should be the same indicator, but with RSI. If it is possible, please help. I have a lot of experience in this field and I am very happy to help.
I guess it is possible. You just need to find a person who will agree to unlock the code of the attached indicator, to identify the algorithm for selecting the main line of the other, agree with you on what algorithm will be the selection of RSI lines, on which algorithm to identify the main line of the others in the new RSI. And a lot of other related things.

drknn:
I guess it is possible. You just need to find a person who will agree to unlock the code of the attached indicator, to identify the algorithm for selecting the main line from the others, to agree with you on which algorithm will be the selection of RSI lines, by which algorithm we will identify the main line from the others in the new RSI. And a lot of other related things.

Got it, thanks. Anyway, it's not as easy as I thought (put rsi instead of stochastic), I'm a beginner, I don't understand everything yet.

Lim1:

Indeed - on the second terminal, the quotes are uploaded a month later than on the first.

-----------------------

Why is it that several tests on the same terminal without changing parameters produce different results (I have up to 4). I am fine with quotes loading.

Thank you!

Because most likely you are connected to the internet and the spread is taken from the current spread state - what your broker has at the moment, that's what's fed into the tester... In the next test with the same parameters and at the same time interval the current spread may be different for your broker - hence the different test result... I have had this happen before... This is the variant that was explained to me and here...

What is the log entry "negative argument for MathSqrt function"? The Expert Advisor is on demo, it opens deals, but the whole log is filled with this error. It has something to do with the custom indicator... Can you please tell us who knows ... Thank you ...

gordeef:

Got it, thanks. Anyway it's not as easy as I thought (insert RSI instead of stochastic), newbie, don't understand everything yet.

Added ability to change RSI period, prices on which to build, and levels.
Try it :)

Files:
rsi_pack.mq4  6 kb
Reason: