[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 638

gordeef:

Trying, no mathematical background. I opened MetaEditor, opened "Create Expert Advisor" and wrote the name of my Expert Advisor and I do not know what to do next.

Uh-uh, you should go to a textbook, mate. It's all there for starters with ready-made examples.

ZS. And as for the math education... Not claiming anything... I don't know about others, I personally graduated in Electrical equipment of industrial enterprises, worked first as a mechanic, and now - even as a taxi driver.

... Henry Ford was once sued, I do not remember who, but he was accused of ignorance, so he said something like this in court:

... Ask me ANY question and in an hour my experts will lay a comprehensive answer to the essence of your question on my desk and I will answer it for you...

He won the trial.

The conclusion?

artmedia70:

Uh-uh, you'd better go to a textbook, mate. It's all there for starters with ready-made examples.

ZS. And as for the math education... Not claiming anything... I don't know about others, I personally graduated in Electrical equipment of industrial enterprises, worked first as a mechanic, and now - even as a taxi driver.

... Henry Ford was once sued, I don't remember who, but he was accused of ignorance, so he said something like this in court:

... Ask me ANY question and in an hour my experts will lay a comprehensive answer to the essence of your question on my desk and I will answer it for you...

He won the trial.

Conclusion?

Thanks for the advice, I got the hint. I will try to read and learn the basics, but I don't always have the time. But I will have to start, because I wonder whether I will or will not be able to.

chief2000:

- What size drawdowns are we talking about?

- Basically, why would you close all positions with a 10% equity increase? I would understand if the goal was to reduce drawdowns.

- How is the trend determined?

- Does locking justify itself?

- Could you elaborate on the entries?

1. Up to half balance...

2. I close on 10%, because I set myself precisely this aim for the test. Sometimes this increase may occur in a day, and sometimes it lasts for weeks (when my account balance is no longer in till the end of the drawdown). The purpose of reducing the drawdown is now the main, I am working in this direction, until the end of the test (visualization), I cannot verify ideas.

My aim is to analyze the current market situation and to predict the real price of my real trading robot, and I have already made a new indicator, which may be useful for my work. I have made a function that calculates its own data for each TF and defines trend/flat.

4. During pulling back they work against the trend and bring additional profit, though sometimes they remain open. They still need to be dealt with...

5. I wish someone would tell me more about the exits... :) In fact, nothing complicated. I am searching for a possible entry point on М15, then I am searching for a certain point on М5, checking the trend direction and open a position when all conditions are the same. Namely. On M15 we are looking for Demarker in the overbought/oversold zone. On M5 we look for Demarker in the same zones (narrower than at M15) and find the reversal point of Momentum, which should be below/above 100.0 for Buy/Sell respectively. Found - signal to enter.

I think that's a bit more detail... ??? :))

ZS. I might have missed something in my sleep. It's 6:22 in the morning and I haven't gone to bed yet.

Oops... That was a bit of a lie, wasn't it? Told you I might be a little bit drunk when I was asleep. :)

The percentage of equity gain in the test is five. So I close five percent of the funds.

If you can give me an example, please tell me how to do the following

1) An event has occurred.

2) Time is running out, the event is in progress.

3) Another event has occurred that closes the first event.

Need to be able to refer to the presence of the event at any point in time.

In advance, thank you

kwadrad:

If you can give me an example of how to format

1) An event has occurred.

2) Time is running out, the event is in progress.

3) Another event has occurred that closes the first event.

Need to be able to refer to the presence of the event at any point in time.

In advance, thank you.

Semaphore...

Before start()

Event=false;

AntiEvent=false;

//---------------------------------------------------------

At start()

1. if (Event occurred) {Event=true; AntiEvent=false;}

2. if (A counter-event has occurred) {AntiEvent=true; Event=false;}

3. any point in time... Referring to events

if (Event) {your action}

else {other actions}...

Somewhere like this...

Here, the light started to "blink", as it often does in the mornings... Just in case, I'm not waiting for the end of the test, I'm going to put a picture of the screen.

That's the kind of sagging that can happen:

artmedia70:

1. Up to half the balance...

2. I close by 10%, because I have set myself precisely this aim for the test. This increase is sometimes a day, sometimes it lasts for weeks (when you exit a drawdown). The purpose of reducing the drawdown is now the main, I am working in this direction, until the end of the test (visualization), I cannot verify ideas.

My aim is to analyze the market situation and to predict the price of my real trading robot, and I have created a function, which for each indicator will use a different algorithm. I have made a function that calculates its own data for each TF and defines trend/flat.

4. During pulling back they work against the trend and bring additional profit, though sometimes they remain open. They still need to be dealt with...

5. Who would have told me more about the exits... :) In fact, nothing complicated. I am searching for a possible entry point on М15, then I am searching for a certain point on М5, checking the trend direction and open a position when all conditions are the same. Namely. On M15 we are looking for Demarker in the overbought/oversold zone. On M5 we look for Demarker in the same zones (narrower than at M15) and find the reversal point of Momentum, which should be below/above 100.0 for Buy/Sell respectively. Found - a signal to enter.

I think this is a bit more detailed... ??? :))

ZZZ. I might have missed it in my sleep. The time is 6.22 am and I'm still awake.

2. My aim is not to confirm anything, but I don't understand why I have to close trades that are profitable.

You are trailing them anyway...

4. Also not clear - as far as I understand locking is not used purposefully, but only when stop sizes allow you not to close a trade, and a trade is opened in the opposite direction (i.e. these are random coincidences and then it is understandable).

- Why are fixed lots used?

chief2000:

2. I'm not claiming anything, but I still can't understand why you have to close trades that are profitable?

You are trailing them anyway.

4. Also not clear - as far as I understand locking is not used purposefully, but only when stop sizes allow you not to close a trade, and a trade is opened in the opposite direction (i.e. it's random coincidences and then it's understandable).

- Why are fixed lots used?

2. There! Right. I'll finish this test, I'll set the next one, where I'll only shoot the owl when the specified equity value is reached...

2.1. trailing only on toppings and lots. On main positions only take. We should try different trailing positions

4. When opening the main position, the lock is automatically set. It was done as an experiment. It is there for now. The test will show if this approach is reasonable.

- I think we should decrease lots when the trend is "exhausted". I do not want to make friends with martin... I don't want to be friends...

artmedia70:

2. There! Right. I'll finish this test, set up the next one, where when I reach the set equity value, I'll only shoot the owls...

2.1. trailing only on long positions and open positions. On basic positions only Take profit. I would try to put different trailing stops on main positions.

4. When opening the main position, the lock is automatically set. It was done as an experiment. It is there for now. The test will show whether this approach is reasonable. 2.

- I think we should decrease lots when the trend is "exhausted". I do not want to make friends with martin... I don't want to be friends...

2. they can be removed when the drawdown becomes below the threshold - if you do such a test (it seems to me more important in the list of priorities), let me know if the result has improved (preferably in private, since I can not read all posts).

- How was the initial lot size calculated?

Reason: