Casting a net of pending orders and catching fish called profit - page 13

sever30:
That's me.
fretful. i was reminded of katana clone. but never mind. so if you are a true north - then the question: what net was cast for martin, the fish inspector did not allow to take perches? or even cut the net? that is, the tester and demo ruled, and the real turned away? or everything was worse and hit a snag at the stage of the tester happened?

Speaking of griders, Manov went down with a virtual grider today

Mistake? Alive as can be.

Globe:
fines. i was reminded of katana clone. but never mind. so if you are a true north - then the question: what net abandoned for martin, the fish inspector did not allow to take perches? or even cut the net? that is, the tester and demo ruled, and the real showed the turn away? or everything was worse and the hitch still at the stage of the tester happened?

I can't get anything good out of the net, I tried my best, the price seemed to be going nowhere, but it didn't happen, fish found and often took exorbitant trajectories and slipped away from the net, I had a feeling I was dealing with an intelligent creature.

In this thread i posted half of grider's ToR, very simple, but showing presentable cuts when run on an accessible history. my weak point, expanding triangle, was my Achilles heel, so i wanted to try to compensate for this weakness with martin. but no one's interested, so I cooled down...

Well, here's a test of this grid without martin

Here is the description of this grid without Martin:

1) From the current price set a grid of stop orders, top - buy stop, bottom - sell stop. Where the distance of the first order from the price is Delta 1, the distance between the first order and the second order, the second and the third, the third and .... etc. - Delta2. There is no Take and Loss. We put it into variables - Global Take. When the global take is reached, everything is cleared and a new grid (with the same parameters) is instantly set.

And here's what I would like to add (Martin):

2) For example, put on both sides of the current price, a buy stop and sell stop, respectively, with a volume of 0.01 lots. We open a Buy position, another Buy position (all of them are 0.01) but as soon as the price turns and goes in the opposite direction and crosses the price mark, from which we have set the grid (further equator)... We add 0.01 lot to the half stop and as a result we will have two half stops of 0.01 lot at one level, or we can delete the 0.01 lot half stop and set a 0.02 lot half stop instead, further all the half stops will be 0.02 lot in volume. If the price reverses (after the buy position is opened at 0.02) again and goes through the equator, to the existing buy 0.01, at the same level set the buy stop at 0.02 lot, or remove the 0.01 buy stop and put a new buy stop, but with the volume 0.03 and so on. Thus we make an artificial advantage not only quantitatively, but also qualitatively in one of the directions.
Thus, if the price opens at least one position and then returns and touches the equator, the oppositely directed order will increase its volume.
At the same time, we should introduce a parameter specifying that when the price reaches the stop order level, it will increase its volume.
For example, number 4 is used in this parameter. This means that if we open any number of positions of one type with the volume of 0.01 and the price crosses the equator in the opposite direction and then opens 3 oppositely directed positions with the volume of 0.01, the fourth position from the equator will have the volume of 0.02. Also, all subsequent orders of the same type will increase by 0.01 lot. And it is important, on levels of those three open positions, we expose corresponding limit orders in the volume of 0.01 lots, of such type that at their activation, the type of an open position would correspond to opened before (on stop orders). If we are working to increase the lot for a number of buy stop orders, then we set a buy limit below the current price, for sell stops, we set a sell limit.

sever30:

... weak point ... expanding triangle ... would like to try and level it out with a martin ...

I didn't use martin myself, because it's only good for pipsing, where the share of mini profitable trades goes up to 99%... but can you tell me more about the problem of the expanding triangle? what is it?

Globe:
I myself didn't use martin, because it's only good for pipsing, where the share of mini profitable deals goes over 99%. And more details about the expanding traygirl problem? What is it?

Look into the description of the algorithm and you will understand everything...

sever30:

Here is a description of this grid without martin:

1) From the current price set a grid of stop orders, top - buy stop, bottom - sell stop. Where the distance of the first order from the price is Delta 1, the distance between the first order and the second order, the second and the third, the third and .... etc. - Delta2. There is no Take and Loss. We put it into variables - Global Take. When the global take is reached, everything is reset and a new grid is instantly set (with the same parameters).

Globe:
I did not use a martin myself, because it is only suitable for pipsing, where the share of mini profitable deals goes up to 99%. could i talk more about the problem of an expanding triangle? what is it?
from the current price mark, above it expose a staircase of buy stops, below it expose several sell stops. buy opened, price went down, opened two sells, reversed and opened 3 buy, reversed and opened 4 sells= getting into an expanding formation (triangle)

sever30:

Well, I think so: to use a system without SL (including the grid) one has to be either with a bullet in the head, or with big steel balls dangling and shining in the sun. But if you also attach doubling to the trend grid, you will never get anywhere without giant balls, because chattering in a narrow range in this case has rather crushing consequences both for equity and for deposit load.

Globe:

Well, I think so: to use a system without SL (including grid) one has to be either with a bullet in the head, or with big steel balls dangling and shining in the sun. But if you also attach doubling to the trend grid, you will never get anywhere without giant balls, because chattering in a narrow range in this case has rather crushing consequences both for equity and for deposit load.

you understand that the SL function is substituted by opening an opposite position? when the global take profit is reached, all open positions are closed with an overlap (we return the spread), and if the margin is getting too big, we close the "excessive" opposite positions...
Reason: