Casting a net of pending orders and catching fish called profit - page 8

khorosh писал (а) >>
One of the Expert Advisor variants shows this picture when tested.

A terrible test. >> Almost all the time, it's a slump.

When testing the almost-greeder I use :) almost all the time equity is in +.

meta-trader2007 писал (а) >>

A terrible test. It's a slump almost all the time.

I tested my almost-greeder :) I got equity in + most of the time.

I agree. I'm just trying different options. Now I've tried it on some limits, the drawdown is smaller. But my balance line is almost always above the equity line in all variants.

I haven't used any indicators or candlestick analysis yet. I want to know what can be squeezed out of just one grid without any gimmicks.

A terrible test. Almost all the time a drawdown.

When testing the almost-grider I use :) almost all the time equities are in the +.

This brings back memories, my first Expert Advisor (it's been matched 1000 times already), it used to raise equities 7 times faster than bolt =), I don't know if it is a gridiron, but it rules only due to mathematics (i.e:

start - 0 bets, then we put sel and buy and go around with all sorts of trawls and dokupkami)

I guess you could call last day Grider Day. The price practically returned to its starting point, having travelled 100 pips and back again. Who had the grid, took the foam off :-)

In the new version of the Expert Advisor no indicators have been used. The test result on the chart (from 01.01.08 to 15.06.08) is more beautiful, but the relative drawdown is still high.
Files:

khorosh писал (а) >>
In the new version of the Expert Advisor no indicators have been used. The test result on the chart (from 01.01.08 to 15.06.08) is more beautiful, but the relative drawdown is still high.

What is the time frame? To check the robustness I think you should test for 2-3 years.

What is the timing? To test robustness I think you should test for 2-3 years.

The testing interval is given in the post, the timeframe is on the chart. The Expert Advisor is losing in some parts of the history, so it can only be used under supervision. It works well in a sideways trend, and when a long trend develops it should be switched to "buy" or "sell" mode only.

Information for sceptics. I made an Expert Advisor based on the grid. My client used it to increase his deposit for the last 3 months from 1600$ to 2500$ on microreal money market at 0.01 lot.
to $2500. Of course, it is not much, but it is a fact that brokerage companies do not interfere with his work. However, sometimes the dealer interfered in its work and set an asymmetrical lot that increased the profit in the direction of the trend, if the price went out of the drawdown range. During a sideways trend, the Expert Advisor didn't need to intervene and the drawdowns were small, because the periodic fixing of the profit growth was performed.

Do you have an advisor's code option?

Some time ago I tried to make a grid of orders without reading any magazines - I just had an idea that if you place a hundred stop orders in long and a hundred in short with certain steps, sooner or later the price will come to the point where the deposit's skew will be in the plus zone. This is the point where all open orders should be closed.

Without thinking much, I have created an Expert Advisor that works in the following way:

Start at any point. From pending orders, set only stop orders (we do not work with Limit orders). From the start point, we set 2 pending orders at some equal distance from the start point. Once a pending order has triggered, we set one more pending order in the same direction as the triggered order. We place it at a certain pre-specified distance (grid pace). If the deposit has gone to profit by X amount, then we close all orders, fix the earned amount. If there are no orders, we start again.

Thus, it turns out that if an order triggers (for example, to open long), and price turns against the position, then with a strong opposite movement, short positions start to gain power and eventually pull the deposit to the profit. If we encounter a sideways movement, the price just hangs between lots, and that is all. We simply wait for the trend.

This arrangement of the Expert Advisor's code will only overload the server when it starts to give orders to close all of the existing orders.

You asked about the pitfalls? I will tell you. The first one is that the Expert Advisor sits and waits a long time for the moment when the deposit is going to profit. Second, the drawdowns may be so huge that the deposit has reached a margin call point. Using this approach we will easily lose the money. At a critical moment, you can deposit more money on your account, but believe me, this will lead to a situation where there is nothing left to deposit and the deposit is still losing money catching up with more and more orders.

Conclusion - using a grid as I have described is a direct way to lose money.

I have even inserted a dollar trawl into an EA (it was trawling not points, but profit dollars). I forced this grid to work not around the clock, but, say, waiting for the beginning of some session. I have tried everything - sooner or later, the Expert Advisor sinks so deep into the grid that the drawdown eats into the deposit and reduces a lot of time and effort.

Reason: