Testing an indicator

Strategy Tester does not seem to be able to outpout Print or Alert from an indicator,  Is there another way to test Alert or Print from  an indicator?  

I embedded also the custom indicator into a dedicated EA, but no output was seen from the indicator, be it Print or Alert, 

Also Strategy Test handles indicator in visual mode only and does not output Print nor Alert,so I might be out of luck 

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos: Strategy Tester does not seem to be able to outpout Print or Alert from an indicator, Is there another way to test Alert or Print from  an indicator? I embedded also the custom indicator into a dedicated EA, but no output was seen from the indicator, be it Print or Alert, Also Strategy Test handles indicator in visual mode only and does not output Print nor Alert,so I might be out of luck 

Print() is working just fine on my MT4 when testing in "Indicator Mode". Obviously, when in "Expert Advisor Mode", only prints from the EA are output to the journal and not any of the prints from the Indicators being called or for being displayed on the chart.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Print() is working just fine on my MT4 when testing in "Indicator Mode". Obviously, when in "Expert Advisor Mode", only prints from the EA are output to the journal and not any of the prints from the Indicators being called are being displayed on the chart.

Right it works indeed

Reason: