How much does it cost to write a "complex" EA? - page 10

You know what requotes and slippage are, Alex, don't be silly.

iNatlami:
You have about 40 trades on one pair in 24 hours. That is not the way to make pips on real. Do not forget about requotes, slippage and all the other delights of a brokerage company.

That's not even the point. It doesn't really look like pips. 1163 points on 35 trades is about 35 points of expected payoff that is much larger than in pipers.

The matter is in MM which is violated severely. Both by volumes and other parameters. Alex stubbornly refuses to put stop-losses from the start.

Mathemat:

If I knew, I wouldn't ask. :)

I work as a manager, how can I know all the terms used in financial markets. :)

Give me the monitoring of those 40 deals.

I'll criticise too.

qee:

Let me monitor those 40 deals.

I'll criticise too.

You'd better put up your state, and we'll criticise it. :)))

NYROBA писал (а):
qee:

Let me monitor those 40 deals.

I'll criticise too.

You'd better post your state and we'll criticise it. :)))

And I bet you won't repeat the result in a locked demo account?

NYROBA писал (а): If I knew, I wouldn't ask. :)

I work as a manager, how am I supposed to know all the terms used in financial markets? :)

Well, it's a little early for you to be looking for a programmer... You're working on minutes, andrequotes and slippages are very important here.

A complex system should not be written in MQL, but in the basic programming languages SI, Delphi, etc. A DLL is written, which will be called from an Expert Advisor written in MQL. It is difficult to estimate the development cost, because it is not clear how complex the system to be implemented in the code will be. You can start this project by agreeing on a monthly payment. I think $500 is a reasonable monthly fee. If you define this fee as less than this amount, then proportionally less time per day will be spent on this project only. There is also my main job and maybe other part time jobs that require time as well. I speak all major languages. On one site two years ago or earlier (when MT3 was still in wide use) I have posted something made in different languages. For example, on Delphi I wrote a program that would read the history and evaluate the possibility to work on the news. We would set the threshold (distance in pips) where two orders were placed relative to the price at about 16:20 (since news were most often placed at 16:30) and estimate the distance in pips that was passed by the evening if an order was triggered. In C we have made a program for data conversion from MT to text format (*.csv, *.prn) and vice versa. I am taking part in the current championship, and maybe I will be able to show it. It seems to be a good result on the history, but there is a risk management there, because it is a competition in the first place.

Mathemat:

iNatlami:
You have about 40 trades on one pair in 24 hours. This is not the way to pips in real time. Don't forget about requotes, slippage and all the other delights of DCs.

That's not even the point. It does not really look like pipsing. 1163 points on 35 trades is about 35 pips of expected payoff that is much larger than that of pipsers.

The matter is in MM which is violated severely. Both by volumes and other parameters. Alex stubbornly refuses to put stop-losses from the start.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mathematician, give me a concrete hint - where is this report - "40 trades on the same pair in 24 hours". I followed that link you gave, it's just talk, I couldn't find anything else ...

https://c.mql4.com/forum/2007/08/Statement%21.zip - NYROBA gave this link on the previous page of this thread.

Thank you, Mathemat, I had a second laugh.

I will start with the fact that there are only 8 trades, not 35 (the other 27 are additions).

As for the number of pips, it is also interesting. If we'd calculate it head-on we'd see that there are 430 points there.

In other words, the average transaction makes +54 points.

I'm not going to say anything about risks. Let's reject waiting for losses (first trade).

And finally, Alex keeps silent about my idea of a show.

Reason: