The coolest advisor, never seen before!!!! - page 17

The title of ufkef's column corresponds to its content "There hasn't been such a councillor yet".

ufkef:
There are many purely mathematical ideas, I haven't seen any formulas for mathematical understanding of charts on the forum yet!
For example the formula for the maximum possible profit on a given chart!!!!

It is clear that the maximum profit is not only the difference between the minimum and maximum price values on the chart, but also all of the possible rises and falls in prices, who at least think about what maximum profit can be obtained from the chart?
I am patiently reading this thread hoping to see some evidence that ufkef knows about maths. So far to no avail, unless of course you count the childish babble about mathematical expectation and those ridiculous exclamations about "formulas for mathematical understanding of graphs!". As this has nothing to do with the idea of your EA, please explain what maths you used in it. If it's there, it might go some way to changing the attitude towards your product, and consequently towards you.

Just don't just generally list the sections of mathematics. Someone who understands it can explain it quite concretely, while leaving the idea undiscovered.

For my part, I can tell you what interests you so much - "the formula of happiness". :-)
Strangely enough, it was thought about it and decided this question long before you.

To calculate the maximum profit, which can be obtained in a period of time, we need to construct a ZigZag on this time interval, and summarize the price changes on all ZigZag segments, located within the interval. As we know, there are many ZigZag algorithms. For this purpose, the standard ZigZag included in MT4 is not suitable. For this purpose, a ZigZag with only one parameter is suitable - the minimum price change, i.e. the minimum height of a ZigZag segment.

Thus, before calculating the maximum possible profit, you will have to set this parameter. The value of 1 point will hardly suit you, because in this case you will obtain a natural tick chart, but it is not really possible to trade on it and since there is a spread, it is unprofitable. In this regard, it would be interesting to know (if it is not a secret) what value you would name as the most acceptable for you. This number will immediately define who you are as a trader and what your trading horizon is - a minute, an hour, a day, etc.

Yurixx:
ufkef:

"The Happiness Formula" = "The Coolest"
maybe UFKEF found it - the formula
Maybe we're just jealous.

A year has passed, 10 copies sold - $5,000
The advisor makes $1,000 a year - sales are stopped.
Investors in line, Sores, Bill Gates..., Arabian sheikhs.
Lucky owners of 10 copies, bought island yachts

eh swords...

I, too, am in favour of supporting a young programmer. Maybe we should team up with Sashken or Composerom.

Yurixx:
ufkef:
There are many purely mathematical ideas, I haven't seen any formulas for mathematical understanding of charts on the forum yet!
For example the formula for the maximum possible profit on a given chart!!!!

It is clear that the maximal profit is not only a difference between the maximal and minimal price values on the chart, but also between all possible rises and falls of prices.
I am patiently reading this thread hoping to see some evidence that ufkef knows about maths. So far to no avail, unless of course you count the childish babble about mathematical expectation and those ridiculous exclamations about "formulas for mathematical understanding of graphs!". As this has nothing to do with the idea of your EA, please explain what maths you used in it. If it's there, it might go some way to changing the attitude towards your product, and consequently towards you.

Just don't just generally list the sections of mathematics. Someone who understands it can explain it quite concretely, while leaving the idea undiscovered.

For my part, I can tell you what interests you so much - "the formula of happiness". :-)
Strangely enough, it was thought about it and decided this question long before you.

To calculate the maximum profit, which can be obtained in a period of time, we need to construct a ZigZag on this time interval, and summarize the price changes on all ZigZag segments, located within the interval. As we know, there are many ZigZag algorithms. For this purpose, the standard ZigZag included in MT4 is not suitable. For this purpose, a ZigZag with only one parameter is suitable - the minimum price change, i.e. the minimum height of a ZigZag segment.

Thus, before calculating the maximum possible profit, you will have to set this parameter. The value of 1 point will hardly suit you, because in this case you will obtain a natural tick chart, but it is not really possible to trade on it and since there is a spread, it is unprofitable. In this regard, it would be interesting to know (if it is not a secret) what value you would name as the most acceptable for you. This number will immediately define who you are as a trader and what your trading horizon is - a minute, an hour, a day, etc.
I agree with some of the points, all correctly you can try using a zigzag. (This is purely for visual purposes, so that it would be understandable to others)
But concerning the parameter of the zigzag, you are fundamentally wrong, such a zigzag can not have a fixed parameter, on some segment of 3 points, it is minimal, because the spread is 2, and on any one of 50 if there are no kinks more than 2 points!
Then he stretches this zigzag in a line, of course it will be longer, and we get the maximal possible profit for a day, which leads to the following situation, on the one hand, the more breaks, the longer the zigzag when we stretch it, but every break is a deal, that is minus spread!
Because the question is not simple, so I want to find out how many deals in this chart will make the maximal profit!
It is clear that they cannot be too few for a day, i.e. 1-2-3, but too many too.

That's it, my patience is over, I don't react to this clownery anymore. Let our genius Galois (with a small letter) cook himself in his mathematics, applicable only on other planets, and sell his vague ideas to anyone for 5000 greens at least...

Mathemat:
That's it, my patience is over, I don't react to this clownery anymore. Let our genius Galois (with a small letter) cook himself in his mathematics, applicable only on other planets, and sell his vague ideas to anyone for 5000 greens at least...

Don't you respect Lobachevsky's geometry? Mmmm :)

In general, yes - "the circus has arrived". Anyway, it's good to read some of these jokes for relaxation. An hour of laughter replaces the N number of kilos of sour cream, I think so...

No, why, bstone, I'm fine with Lobachevsky's geometry. I just can't understand why we need to calculate the maximum possible profit, if he can't get even a tenth of it anyway. Well, if he's so cool and smart, then he can calculate this stupid figure by writing a couple dozen lines of code.

Mathemat:
No, why, bstone, I'm fine with Lobachevsky's geometry. I just can't understand the reason for these calculations of maximal possible profit, if he won't get even one tenth of it anyway. Well, if he's so smart and cool, then he can calculate this stupid figure by writing a couple dozen lines of code.

Before you can calculate that number and before you can "write a couple dozen lines of code" you have to at least understand what you're talking about. And the guy hasn't got it yet, to all appearances.

Meanwhile, the calculation of the maximum possible profit is necessary to estimate the effectiveness of trading of an Expert Advisor. I would not say it is stupid. For example, this subject was also touched upon in the Championship 2007. And before that, at the Championship 2006 as well.

2 ufkef

But concerning the parameter of the zigzag, you are fundamentally wrong, such a zigzag can't have a fixed parameter. On some segment it is 3 points, it is minimal, because the spread is 2, and on some segment it may be 50 if there are no breaks more than 2 points!
Then he stretches this zigzag in a line, of course it will be longer, and we get the maximal possible profit for a day, which leads to the following situation, on the one hand, the more breaks, the longer the zigzag when we stretch it, but every break is a deal, i.e. minus spread!
And therefore the question is not clear, and therefore I want to find out how many deals at a given chart will make the maximum profit!
It is clear that they cannot be too few for a day, ie 1-2-3, but too many too. and what is the optimum value?

Judging by the difficulty and illiteracy with which you express your simple thoughts and can not say "you", you really are no more than 16. That's a child's age by here standards. And children, when they get cocky, need to be educated. If necessary, a belt to the soft spot. So don't be offended, you chose your role. You wanted to be on a first-name basis, you got it.

And what about setting the parameter of the zigzag, you are fundamentally wrong, such a zigzag can not have a fixed parameter, on some segment of 3 points, it is minimal, because the spread is 2, and on some other segment even 50 if there are no breaks more than 2 points!

What ZigZag "can't be fixed"? Do you even know what you wrote? If you do, write the code and post it here, and we'll see what it draws. Or, at least in words, but clearly try to write what you understand and what you want. Well, if you don't understand what you've written yourself, then there's no question.

The ZigZag I was talking about, at a parameter value of 3, just draws a straight line on any segment where there are no kinks more than 2 points. If you don't understand something, just ask. Or ask to see a picture, maybe she will explain it to you faster. It is not difficult for me to do it. For example, three ZigZags with different parameters - everything will become clear at once.

It's good that you understand that the more trades, the more is spent on spread. The bad thing is that you do not understand that if the parameter = 3, then (theoretically) from each segment you can get at least 1 pip, and therefore the more trades, the bigger is the profit. Can you imagine how much money can be made with this value of the parameter! And that's why I asked you to name the most acceptable value for you. Haven't you noticed? Or can't you calculate the "optimum value"? You better answer when you're asked, sweetheart. You're like a nightingale, you only listen to yourself.

And the maths. Do you have it in your EA or not? Or you have nothing to say?

What are you all... it's a good thing I started on the last page.

Reason: