Old EA refuses to run in new MT5

Prompted by the prospect of "object oriented MT4" I'm revisiting MT5 after a considerable absence.

An EA that used to work fine in MT5 many months ago doesn't any more. I don't much care for standard indicators, but this one uses CiRSI. It still compiles OK, with a few apparently unconnected warnings. However when I attempt to backtest it, it fails as follows:

OnInit critical error
incorrect casting of pointers in 'Oscilators.mqh' (1229,8)

Can anyone here suggest what might be the cause of the problem? If possible a quick fix would be most welcome too!

TIA,

Jim 

soulsurfer:

Prompted by the prospect of "object oriented MT4" I'm revisiting MT5 after a considerable absence.

An EA that used to work fine in MT5 many months ago doesn't any more. I don't much care for standard indicators, but this one uses CiRSI. It still compiles OK, with a few apparently unconnected warnings. However when I attempt to backtest it, it fails as follows:

Can anyone here suggest what might be the cause of the problem? If possible a quick fix would be most welcome too!

TIA,

Jim 

Can you post your code please.

angevoyageur:
Can you post your code please.
I already would have if I could have. It's subject to an NDA I'm afraid.

I was rather hoping somebody would be able to point me in the right direction without my having to do lots of work to generate an "example EA" that demonstrates the problem. Do you suppose there's any chance of that? The runtime error is in MetaQuotes code, not mine after all. What might I have done wrong?

As an alternative avenue of attack, can anyone suggest to me an EA with source that also uses CiRSI which does compile and run on the latest version of MT5?

soulsurfer:
I already would have if I could have. It's subject to an NDA I'm afraid.

I was rather hoping somebody would be able to point me in the right direction without my having to do lots of work to generate an "example EA" that demonstrates the problem. Do you suppose there's any chance of that? The runtime error is in MetaQuotes code, not mine after all. What might I have done wrong?

As an alternative avenue of attack, can anyone suggest to me an EA with source that also uses CiRSI which does compile and run on the latest version of MT5?
If I understood well, it's not your code, so why don't ask to the author of the code ? Eventually you can also try to write to ServiceDesk.
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

angevoyageur:
If I understood well, it's not your code, so why don't ask to the author of the code ? Eventually you can also try to write to ServiceDesk.

I am the author of the code. The algo in this instance is somebody else's IP.

I asked myself, but I didn't know the answer! I was merely hoping that somebody here might have seem similar symptoms before. I guess not?

I'll give ServiceDesk a try if all else fails. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jim 

Reason: