From the idea to the actual bill. - page 9

Mangalor:

It is clear that the broker does not take well to traders who place orders too often.
I wonder, how does he feel about such frequent change of stops, almost on every tick?
I'm referring to the trailing stops in your EA. I don't know, but I suspect there may be a problem with that.

No they won't, consider the following situation, the tester works with every tick and consequently moves a stop even 10 times per second, the broker will not let us do that of course, so approaching the reality the testing was done with requotes (see 1 post), the random delays are more similar to the work on a real account.

HIDDEN писал (а):
Mangalor:

It is clear that the broker treats badly traders who place orders too often.
I wonder what is his attitude to such frequent changes of stops, almost on every tick?
I am referring to the trailing stops in your EA. I don't know, but I suspect there might be a problem with that.

No, they won't. Consider the following situation, the tester executes every tick, and therefore moves the stop even 10 times per second, a broker will not do that of course, so approaching the reality of testing took place with requotes (see 1 post), the random delays are more like working on a real account.

What does this have to do with requotes? You have a stop pulling at every tick, i.e. execution of an appropriate order. Such an Expert Advisor can be simply disabled as too often giving out orders.

REGULATIONS FOR THE PROCESSING AND EXECUTION OF CLIENT ORDERS ALPARI

2.7 The Dealer has the right to refuse a Client's request in the following cases:
(c) if this Client has recently had a ratio of requests made to completed trades that consistently exceeds reasonable limits (4);

(4) An average of 5 requests per trade.

"Trade operation" is a purchase or sale by the Client of any instrument.

Mangalor:
HIDDEN wrote (a):
Mangalor:

It is clear that the broker does not take well to traders who place orders too often.
I wonder how he feels about such frequent change of stops, almost on every tick?
I am referring to the trailing stops in your EA. I don't know, but I suspect there might be a problem with that.

No they won't, consider the following situation, the tester executes every tick, and consequently moves the stop even 10 times per second, the broker won't let it do that of course, so approaching the reality the testing was done with requotes (see 1 post), random delays are more similar to the work on a real account.

What does this have to do with requotes? You have a stop pulling at every tick, i.e. execution of an appropriate order. Such an Expert Advisor can be simply disabled as too often giving out orders.

REGULATIONS FOR THE PROCESSING AND EXECUTION OF CLIENT ORDERS ALPARI

2.7 The Dealer has the right to refuse a Client's request in the following cases:
(c) if this Client has recently had a ratio of requests made to executed trades that consistently exceeds reasonable limits (4);

(4) An average of 5 requests per trade.

"Trade Transaction" - the purchase or sale by the Client of any instrument.

Although there are, of course, variations

MT4 has an in-house trawl for a position of 15 pips or more. Alpari allows its use. I personally know brokers where this function is not present at all in the context menu.

It is very easy to get rid of such frequent modifications of the stop. For example, every X number of points (where x can be both a constant and a function of the current profit). It will not affect profitability of the Expert Advisor in any way. It may even vice versa. The main advantage of this Expert Advisor is a large percentage of successful entries and exit options.

HIDDEN писал (а):

To avoid guessing what and what pairs are involved in the Expert Advisor, I will write EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY.

And when you test USDJPY, it's supposed to be a loss... That's why there's no test for it, it's probably not for this reason -.... Interesting conundrum)

When I watched the reports of this expert, I wanted to clearly see where the expert opened positions directly on the chart.
wrote this script.
throw the file StrategyTester.htm into the folder expertsfiles
open the required chart (eg EURUSD)
run the script, we see the arrows marking places to open buy or sell positions,
crosses, positions closed by stop loss, ticks, positions closed by take profit or closing signal.

then this graph can easily be analyzed by

Files:
exaccount.mq4  6 kb

This script is already in the database: 'Transferring trades from the tester report to the chart'

Yeah, thanks for the info.
can't keep track of everything :)
haven't had time to go through the whole code base yet

HIDDEN писал (а):
I also thought that what I do not like is that we exit by a stop, which moves the trawl, or by a reverse signal.
Everything is clear with the reverse signal, let us consider that we have found the entry point into the market, now I am looking for the way to exit the market. Trawl is not very efferent, up to 50% of profits are lost.

I watched your EA's deals on the chart (GBP), it really loses much profit because of the stop.

My suggestion is to improve trailing stop for profit increase. At flat position the stop should be minimal (it depends on volatility). More effective than standard trailing. There is a code of own development.

ram25 писал (а):
HIDDEN wrote (a):
I've been thinking, what I don't like is that we are exiting on a stop, which moves the trawl or on a reverse signal.
Everything is clear with the return signal, let us consider that we have found the entry point into the market, now I am looking for the way out of the market. Trawl is not very efferent, up to 50% of profits are lost.

I watched the trades of your EA on the chart (GBP), it really loses much profit because of the stop.

My suggestion is to improve trailing stop for profit increase. At flat position the stop should be minimal (it depends on volatility). More effective than standard trailing. There is a code of own development.

If you want to publish it, please contact us.
Reason: