Funny, it turns out Alexander Elder is freelancing in our Market - page 6

Реter Konow:

It's interesting the way he writes in general. I'll have to reread it again. Now I opened an interview with him (which is on this site), and immediately remembered his phrase, with which, in general, I would find it difficult to disagree:

... The number of mistakes people can make is unlimited. The market is bigger than any of us. The market is stronger, and bigger, and deeper than any of us - than you, than me, than any human being. The market is constantly probing our weaknesses. Whatever weaknesses a person has, the market will find them and hit them.

Lahn. I got carried away) And I have to get ready for bed. And Elder probably won't like it if he sees that a topic has developed about him.

Anyway, bye-bye, have a good night's sleep and all the best.

Реter Konow:

Of course, it's hard to argue with his arguments in the book, ...

It's elementary to argue with any author of such books. You don't even have to argue.

A simple formula: "If you teach me how to trade, show me how you trade or how your students trade, that's it. Full stop."

There is no such explanation, bare theory unsupported by practice - get out of the field into the category of useless and useless smart guys.

p.s. And any author like Elder, etc. should start any of his books, lectures, lessons with the words: "Here is the investment password from my real trading account, which demonstrates in real time the work of the theory that you are about to study/read/hear. Every week/day/month additionally here (link) explains the rules for opening/closing/modifying each order/position".

There is no such phrase. The book is trashed. The author into oblivion.

p.s.2. If we are talking about an author that tells you how to trade.

But there are also authors who simply describe their strategy and directly say: "Once upon a time, I traded by such-and-such rules". Everything is honest and dignified.

Books from authors who were once sort of successful traders bring to mind Vertinsky's lines "Without Women":

How good it is with a mate together
To sit and drink plain Scotch
And, smiling, remember
That with this lady you were once close.

Who ist Alexander Elder?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Read the first chapter of his book and you might change your attitude. It's well worth the time spent.

I would like to remind you of the simple "formulas" of a smart person:

1. Bias and prejudice, - fuck off the field into the realm of worthless and worthless opinions.

2. To judge something, you have to get to know it. 3.

To argue with someone - you need to have an equal (or higher) level of knowledge, ability and intelligence.

4. If a clever person forgets these rules: their authority to rubbish, themselves to oblivion.

P.S. These rules have nothing to do with fools and trolls. The former know nothing about them and the latter do not care.

I wish I could explain to them -"however much militant stupidity and powerless malice attack the mind, they will inevitably be overturned", but their nature will not allow them to understand the reason, and they will try again and again.

Dina Paches:

Thank you.))

I'd love to reread his book too.

And if he sees our thread, I think he'll understand and won't be offended. He's a psychiatrist after all.)

Реter Konow:

Read the first chapter of his book and you might change your attitude. It is well worth the time.

I want to remind you of the simple "formulas" of an intelligent man:

1. Bias and prejudice - get the hell out of the field and into the realm of useless and worthless opinions.

2. To judge something, you should get acquainted with it. 3.

To argue with someone - you need to have an equal (or higher) level of knowledge, skills, and intelligence. 4.

4. If an intelligent person has forgotten these rules: his authority in the trash, his own in oblivion.

P.S. The rules given have nothing to do with fools and trolls. The former know nothing about them, the latter do not care.

I wish I could explain to them -"however much militant stupidity and powerless anger attack the mind, they will inevitably be overturned", but their nature will not allow them to understand the reason, and they will try again and again.

p.s. Elder quotes -- very good. But where is the result in trading results from his teachings? Is there any benefit?

p.s.2 All his books published in Russian I read very carefully. I even listened to his lectures on youtube. I even used his recommendations. Even on orders, many customers take into account in their strategies Elder'sthree screens.

It is clear what the works of most trading gurus are (without reference to the esteemed Elder):

there are three figures:

-- Pavel Stepanovich, the foreman (it's easy to guess that this is the guru)

-- Fedya, the bully (the guru's attentive student)

-- Shurik (who does not need the teachings of such a guru or who sees no practical sense in them)

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

p.s. Elder's quotes -- very good. But where is the result in trading results from his teachings? Is there any use?

p.s.2 All his books published in Russian, I read very carefully. I even listened to his lectures on youtube. I even used his recommendations. Even on orders, many customers take into account in their strategies Elder's three screens.

It is clear what the writings of most trading gurus are (no relation to the respected Elder):

I would never program an Elder strategy.

I did not even bother with the three screens - I missed it.

But his view of the market and the depth of analysis of trader psychology made a strong impression on me.

His views give a broad basis of understanding the market environment and its laws.

Those who do not understand it will be looking for specific instructions: - "here entry, there exit".

I haven't read this book and can't say anything about it. Maybe it's a good read.

But I can only say one thing:

- He who knows how to trade profitably must be a complete idiot (pardon the expression) to tell everyone about his method, much less teach others how to trade.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

I haven't read this book and can't say anything about it. Maybe it's a good read.

But I can only say one thing:

- He who knows how to trade profitably must be a complete idiot (pardon the expression) to tell everyone about his method, much less teach others how to trade.

The mankind develops thanks to the transfer of knowledge. Why should trading be an exception? Because of greed, because of fear that everyone will start to earn and will not have enough for themselves? Yes, there must have been many of them in history, but no one knows about them. On the contrary, history remembers others who spread knowledge with gratitude.

Ihor Herasko:
So mankind develops thanks to the transfer of knowledge. Why should trading be an exception? Because of greed, fear that everyone will start to earn and will not have enough for himself? Yes, probably there were many of them in the history, but no one knows about them. And, on the contrary, history gratefully remembers others who spread knowledge.

Yes, it is, but not in trading.

Books about trading are written only when there is nothing else for them to do.

P.S. Someone invented gunpowder and distributed it. And we all feel good about it?

Reason: