Why is trading without stop-loss considered absurd for many! - page 5

Yuri Evseenkov:
More recently, Oleg Automat in the Tractor project tried to trade without stop losses. The first tractor lost money. The last one after a 90% drawdown went into the black. Then he was banned for 10 years. Take his experience into account.
What does this project have to do with, for example, our trade? It's him, it's his project or whose, yes he got banned, why, for what.... I personally don't know.

Yuri Evseenkov:
More recently, Oleg Automat in the Tractor project tried to trade without stop losses. The first tractor lost money. The last one after a 90% drawdown went into the black. Then he was banned for 10 years. Take his experience into account.
The important thing is that he was in the black and you don't deny it. That's not the reason he got banned at all.

Yuri Evseenkov:
Just recently Oleg the automaton in the Tractor project tried to trade without stop losses. The first tractor lost. The last one after a 90% drawdown went in the plus. Then he was banned for 10 years. Take his experience into account.

What's to count? A sinking or a ban?)))

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
Thank you. I think you have opened many people's eyes and they will be grateful to you for such a frank discussion.
Not at all, I've opened similar threads on this site many times over the years, it's just that more than once my profile was first banned, then deleted because of dishonest customers....
As a result I return to the topic, because now this kind of trade without restrictions interests far more yudey than, for example, when I first started and learned to trade.
I have been getting a lot more interest in this type of trading without restrictions than when I started and studied trading.)

Viktor Shekhovtsov:

the big question in this strategy!

1. to add money by maintaining a margin level of more than 5k.

2.constantly (every day) making trades by controlling the Level with a lock (hedge) with single-lotness.

*The very one-lotness in a hedge has repeatedly proved to be a stable TS in the last 1.5-2 years. 1.5-2г

Oxana Tambur:
It's enough to fix the drawdown with a lock and keep trading. The money is not worth it and I am working on it.
i am not talking about a lock and i am not talking about SL)

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
What is the difference between swap and non-swap? Then, should the DC compensate for the swap with a commission? Or is it not?
There are accounts with and without swap, with and without commission, there are accounts with and without swap, there are accounts without swap and without commission

Roman Busarov:
So it's just the SL we're talking about, not the lock=)
I don't know, I don't close unprofitable positions, I only use locks or overcooking if the price has gone the other way

Oxana Tambur:
I am a trader since 2012 and since I have been trading without stop-losses till now, most beginners and market amateurs write that it is all just nonsense and only some professionals say that such a strategy "has a place to be and live".
I would like to hear the opinion of other people who know about the markets, trading, analytics, etc.
I would like to ask newbies and those who think they know everything not to write nonsense and rubbish.
This all depends on the TS, sometimes stops are needed, when you need to insure the deposit against losses, sometimes they are not needed. Here is an example of why we need stops: we have an investor account with limited drawdown to 30% so as not to expose ourselves to unforeseen events, like intervention, we put a protective stop and take the maximal loss. If in the end SC deceives us, we are clean in front of the investor; let him deal with SC. In other cases I prefer withdrawal based on the current situation. You are showing everyone: look, I will close here, push the price a little more to my loss and take your profit, because there must always be someone who will trigger the last stoploss before the trend reverses.

Roman Busarov:
I'm not talking about a lock, I'm talking about an SL.)

Once again: I was talking about a single-slot lock, which is closer to the specifics of a stop rather than a classic lock.

The forex market practice showed that over the last 1.5-2 years ----*3 locks were used. had been averaging or doubling, they would have already been drawn down several times

Maxim Romanov:
It all depends on the Trading Strategy, sometimes you need a stop loss to hedge against losses and sometimes you don't. An example of why we need stops: we have an investor account with limited drawdown to 30% so as not to expose ourselves to unforeseen events, like intervention, we put a protective stop and use maximal loss. If in the end SC deceives us, we are clean in front of the investor; let him deal with SC. In other cases I prefer withdrawal based on the current situation. You show everyone: look, here I will close, push the price a bit more to my loss and take profit. Because there should always be someone who has triggered the last stoploss before the trend reverses.
There are almost 95% of them)))
Reason: