MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 20

jelizavettka:
The absurdity of loci has been proven mathematically.And on this forum more than once. And the telepathic supporters only make unsubstantiated arguments. ... Though I'll think about it.

I haven't seen a single proof of the absurdity of loci. I've read a lot of "talk" but I haven't seen any mathematical proof. If the proof is not mathematical, then it is not a proof. Proving the absurdity of locus is about like proving the absurdity of Kirchhoff's laws. Does the Heidelberg University professor look like a fool? I doubt it.

jelizavettka: Ai, let's not argue) and there's shit - and there's f...nos
Lisa, put the brakes on, you're getting a little carried away.

Mathemat:
Lisa, put the brakes on, you're getting a little carried away.

Exactly)) the reins have been tightened - trrrrrr!!!))

Why can't we talk about VD here? Why not? (It's also a campaign product.)

sand:

It turns out to be a thing in itself. MT5 for MT5's sake.

+100. The developers, and with them the public, are going the wrong way.

Many technical tasty things like OpenCL do not improve profitability/professionalism of the trader. The terminal has remained as it was in currency trading, and I can't even imagine what it will do with its functionality on the exchanges. The MQL5 language itself is certainly a breakthrough on the scale of MQL4. Now instead of a scooter we have a car, though the basic industry has long been riding on the starships like "C Sharp".

jelizavettka: I wonder how lockers get out of locs??? Locs are required to tear!
You don't have to break it, you can split it, here's a good example https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8679

-Aleksey-:

I might add, however, that the 4 has a valuable quality - stability, not the least of which. Looking at the 5, however, it seems that the whole contrived structure is constantly crumbling under the weight of its own gravity. In non-stop mode there are constant new bugs and builds for years. Claims of stable releases are just declarations. The developer at the time says that they are working on a heap of their own new ideas. It is unlikely there will be a mass move to five in the coming years in such circumstances. And it's actually harder than 5 in terms of creating a robot program, and unwillingness to learn has nothing to do with it. While in 4 you only have to give a command and handle a dozen of errors, a whole epic in code begins with 5. And where is the perfection and convenience for the average trader? For a professional or amateur bank programmer programming for fun - perhaps...

You're not aware of the history of MT4 development. There were constant builds with new functions for 4 years. And MT5 is being developed in the same way.

If they wanted to, MT4 would have continued to be pumped up further - that's our job. But we made the decision in time to launch a new platform.

An indirect confirmation that faa 1947 is right about irrelevance of "colourful wrappers" - coloured panels and stuff, is the fact that the question: Who has paid attention to the fact that EX5 are gradually becoming a full-fledged application in MetaTrader 5?

received 0 replies on this forum, though Renat usually prefers not to notice this and keeps arguing with reality, saying that they don't want to learn and so on.

Check out the discussion of the same news on MQL5.com: Who noticed that EX5 is gradually becoming a full-fledged application in MetaTrader 5?

IgorM:
You don't have to break it up, you can split it, here's a good example https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8679
And how are you getting on with using this gizmo?

-Aleksey-:
By the way, Renat did not want to answer a simple question on 5, so I will repeat it: what is the point of removing a counter, if the opportunity to work in different accounts is there - to complicate someone's life? Imho I think TheXpert is right, i.e. lots have been removed to complicate order management (positioning) for client side and make it easier for server side - that won't make 5 more popular either.

The answer to this question has been voiced not just repeatedly, but rather a hundred times over the last few years.

That is the rules of stock trading, and the widespread changes in the regulation of Forex trading rules negate the use of locks. For example, many years ago the NFA prohibited the use of Loks for American brokers.

jelizavettka: And how's your success in using this gizmo?

for MtS, very few people use position holding time, usually only SL or TP, lots help an EA to predict unfavourable moments) - i used to study the topic of lots last year, but after i studied the subject (lots) i gave it up, so here are getch's abstruse thoughts about lots https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/351/page3. To be honest i did not understand much from his post, but getch's persuasion made me spend about half a year for lot research - all i can say is that i dont profit from lots, but using lots helps to build MTS

Renat : is it really so hard to make an order with zero volume in MT5 functionality to imitate a lot? let it be only on the terminal side, any discussion of MT5 comes down to a discussion of netting in MT5, and as a consequence the platform cannot exist without lots :))))

IgorM:
for MtS, very few people use position holding time, usually only SL or TP, lots help an EA to predict unfavourable moments) - i used to study the topic of lots last year, but after i got to know about them (lots) i gave them up, they are not needed, here's the abstruse thoughts of getch about lots https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/351/page3 to be honest i dont understand much from his post, but getch's persuasion made me spend about half a year for lot research - all i can say is that i dont profit from lots, but using lots helps to build MTS
I see, thanks for the info on the experience.
Reason: